X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jntar
    replied
    Originally posted by jrockbk View Post
    Just out of curiosity could alpha-n tune be made for this setup to remove the AFM altogether and tune with a AFR gauge to make sure your not leaning out?
    Alpha-n and boost dont go together. You could always buy Jakes kit and then later on go with a megasquirt ecu. No changes would need to be made other than tuning.

Leave a comment:

• jrockbk
    replied
    Just out of curiosity could alpha-n tune be made for this setup to remove the AFM altogether and tune with a AFR gauge to make sure your not leaning out?

Leave a comment:

• sixty6falcon
    replied
    Originally posted by aPapester View Post
    Hey sixty saw that your local, join up on the idaho e30 page on facebook i'd love to see your setup in person
    Im on there. I created the group :)

Leave a comment:

• aPapester
    replied
    Hey sixty saw that your local, join up on the idaho e30 page on facebook i'd love to see your setup in person

Leave a comment:

• sixty6falcon
    replied
    Originally posted by Leon T. Trout View Post
    You can do it over a long weekend. I had my exhaust almost ready to connect to the downpipe, which helped. The most time consuming part, it seemed, was the usual e30 nonsense (rusted bolts, etc). Modifying the front valence requires some trial and error, but it's not too bad.
    Thanks. It's my DD, just wanna make sure I plan accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• Leon T. Trout
    replied
    You can do it over a long weekend. I had my exhaust almost ready to connect to the downpipe, which helped. The most time consuming part, it seemed, was the usual e30 nonsense (rusted bolts, etc). Modifying the front valence requires some trial and error, but it's not too bad.

Leave a comment:

• sixty6falcon
    replied
    I'm totally sold on this kit, and will most likely be placing an order in the next couple months. Just gotta sell my Mustang first. It's an '88 OSP SSP in Boise if anyone's interested ;)

Strictly out of curiosity, how long was the install time for you guys?

Leave a comment:

• jakeb
    replied
    I have a kit in AUS. He had the downpipe made. email me jake@classicdaily.net

No dyno yet but I have one in house now just not up and running just yet. Should be going middle/end of june.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• davelarge
    replied
    Dyno results?

Has anybody dyno'd a car with this kit yet?

I'm very interested in doing this as an alternative to an m52b28, but as I'm located in the UK and nobody here has used this kit, I'm trying to gather as much information as possible before committing to anything.

Also has anybody got any pics or info on a downpipe for RHD as I would need to get one of these made seperately?

Thanks, Dave :)

Leave a comment:

• jakeb
    replied
    Best to email me direct, jake@classicdaily.net

Leave a comment:

• ARsandBustedCars
    replied
    Originally posted by Ocell View Post
    What's the lead time looking like right now?
    Id like to know this as well. Joined for this thread. Im definitely interested. Ive been busy tying up some loose ends on the engine to get it ready for a turbo set-up and I happened to come across this thread.

Leave a comment:

• brads2002
    replied
    Originally posted by Leon T. Trout View Post
    The intercooler is not that low, really. The bottom of it is basically flush with the bottom of the bumper.
    [ATTACH]83524[/ATTACH]
    I'm sure with a little more creative piping you could get one just behind the kidneys, especially if you get rid of the high beams.

The main problem with relocating things in the engine bay is the requirement to use the stock AFM. There is just no where to put it on the passenger side of the engine bay, so it has to make it's way across the front of the engine.
    [ATTACH]83523[/ATTACH]
    If that piping wasn't there, I think there would totally be room for a long intercooler in that space (which would also look badass with the scoop). You might be able to rotate the turbo so the outlet came above the intake, but then you would run into hood clearance issues.

Or you could just do what these guys did and move the radiator back. Vidya But then you run into AFM routing issues again.

Basically, if you go standalone engine management, you have a lot more options.
    Leon, did you look at putting the AFM right in front of the turbo? I didn't play around with it too much but it looked like as a possibility. You could stuff foam behind the low beam and then squeeze the AFM right in to the foam. It wouldnt be a normal filter but rather a foam block or something similar with the AFM providing a pressure fit.

Leave a comment:

• Lithium
    replied
    You could switch to an IX washer fluid reservoir & free up some room in the passenger side...

Leave a comment:

• Ocell
    replied
    What's the lead time looking like right now?

Leave a comment:

• Leon T. Trout
    replied
    Really, a water to air setup would be perfect, and it would squeeze right in there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X