No announcement yet.

Project: Spielereien. AKA "The dumpster fire"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine and transmission are married together, and mocked up in the car again. I gotta rebuild the tranny cross member though, I didn't get to square enough. Also, I have been back and forth on getting a AKG DTM shifter. So I decided to build something similar, just as a mock up, I give you Ghetto Shifter V1.0

I have a buddy that might be able to turn me an actual shifter, rather than "all thread," the height is also still in the air, the plate that the bearing sits in is also just a temp thing. This is a proof of concept. Altogether, I am only about $35 into this mock up. I plan on making a larger, more robust plate for the bearing to sit in, and bolt to the tunnel. Also, the plate on the underside of the tunnel needs to be a lot bigger also. But for the moment, as a mock up, it works well.
    Last edited by delamaize; 07-09-2017, 09:04 PM. Reason: Photobucket will steal your soul.
    Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
      Ghetto Shifter V1.0

seems legit...
      Last edited by MonkeyMadness; 04-05-2016, 07:47 AM.
      https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyMadness View Post
        seems legit...
        Don't kid yourself, It's not, Not Legit at all. haha. It's a ghetto mock up, and it's not staying.
        Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Don't kid yourself, It's not, Not Legit at all. haha. It's a ghetto mock up, and it's not staying.
          But it's too legit to quit...

https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyMadness View Post
            But it's too legit to quit...

Ha! Ultimately, I'm going to probably get the AKG DTM, like you have. For now, I got other things I should be spending the $370 on, Like a radiator. haha.

I pretty much planned on using this one to make a shifter linkage, then I was going to have a buddy turn me a real handle to replace the allthread. Once everything is good to go, it will get replaced.

But now, I'm in touch with the Ghetto side. haha
            Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

More shit happened this weekend, I got the transmission crossmember re-welded, and reinstalled, the motor and transmission are sitting on their own mounts now, Square, and strait. 10mm spacers worked out well. In addition, I made a shitty little shifting rod, to go with my shitty shifter, both of which work pretty damn well. If I can clean this shifter up, and get a buddy to turn me a replacement for the all-thread, I may just keep this less than legit mock up. Also, I know my welds look like shit, but I'm getting good penetration, and they seem to be strong.

Maston and I also got the Garagistic pedal box, and wilwood pedals installed. I still need to plumb the whole thing. In addition, we modified the Accelerator pedal, then had a thought, and I think I may be removing the orginial one, and retrofitting a IS300 one into the car, from the box of leftover parts from the IS300 parts car. It's a better pedal, and it will put the cable in a better position.

Shit's rolling, I am hoping to have the first start by the end of April, and hopefully on the road by the end of may.
              Last edited by delamaize; 07-09-2017, 09:06 PM. Reason: Photobucket will steal your kittens.
              Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

IS300 Accelerator life.

So I never liked the E30 accelerator, I had this one lying around from the IS300 parts car. I straitened out the bends on the cable end, rotated the cable connection 90 degrees, and put a rubber bushing in it to accept the BMW style cable, removed the weight, and spring. The bolt at the bottom of the steering column lined up with the bottom mount bolt on the IS300 pedal. I like it so far, I have not measured the throw, so I don't know if I need to bend it more, but just eyeballing it, I think I'm good.

Last edited by delamaize; 07-09-2017, 09:07 PM.
                Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

More Progress tonight. Yanked the motor and tranny out again, so I could get the brakes plumbed up, and replace the steering rack with a 330i one. I still need to get spacers, and new inner and outer tye rods.

Last edited by delamaize; 07-09-2017, 09:09 PM.
                  Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

So I've got a question that's been bugging me for a while. You have two new brake hard lines going into the pump, one into the front and one into the back. Is the front line for the back or the front brakes?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                    Transaction feedback
                    - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                      So I've got a question that's been bugging me for a while. You have two new brake hard lines going into the pump, one into the front and one into the back. Is the front line for the back or the front brakes?
                      There is marking on the pump, H, h, l, r and V

H is for Heck, which is back in German, and upper case letters is input, Lower case is output.

V is for Vorderseite, Which is Front in German, Upper case letter is for Input, l and r are for left and right front circuits.
                      Last edited by delamaize; 04-29-2016, 05:49 PM.
                      Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

There is marking on the pump, H, h, l, r and V

H is for Heck, witch is back in German, and upper case letters is input, Lower case is output.

V is for Vorderseite, Which is Front in German, Upper case letter is for Input, l and r are for left and right front circuits.
                        Awesome thanks dude! I figured the markings meant something in German, I just couldn't figure out what.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                        Transaction feedback
                        - jpod999

Comment

I'm thinking about building my own harness again. I'd like some input from people that have done it before. Worth it or not? and how many plugs are still available from BMW?
                          Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

No new pictures, But Master cylinder reservoirs are mounted, remote Bias control cable attached and routed, Motor and tranny are back in, Clutch is plumbed, and fuel injectors, rail and fuel lines are all hooked back up. It's been a long few days....

Getting closer.....
                            Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Rear subframe is out, Only too me about 45 minutes, I got lucky, no fight at all.

The camber/caster adjusters are welded on the new subframe, New subframe bushings are in, stub axle removed from the 2.93 open, and installed on the 3.25 lsd, new diff attached to new subframe. Gotta press the old swing arm bushings out and put new ones in, check wheel bearings, and press out and replace the diff mount. then I can get the subframe back together and back in the car....

Shit is moving fast now....
                              Last edited by delamaize; 07-09-2017, 09:10 PM.
                              Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

I know you guys are probably getting sick of the little BS updates, but I like making them, so Onward.

I'm waiting for a few parts so I can continue, so I decided to get the head covers stripped and repainted. These covers had been stripped with a wire brush and repainted before, and they were kinda chewed up already. But they don't look too bad With new paint.

Freshly stripped with Chemical paint stripper and a nylon "wire" brush.

First 2 coats of paint

4 more coats, and installed.

Painting the Coil covers

Taping off the raised areas

Stripping off the tape

Not perfect, but it fits my car, and I'm happy with it.

I got the dash back in yesterday, I'm still looking for a 4 cylinder tach coding plug. Hopefully, parts will be here tomorrow, I can get the rubber fuel hose between the filler and the tank replaced, then the subframe can go back in.
                                Last edited by delamaize; 07-09-2017, 09:17 PM.
                                Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Working...
                                X