Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions on tire size please. 16x8, 16x9 et15 all around suspension will be megan coils, spun low. Will I have any rubbing issues with this offset?
    Thanks.
    (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

I'm looking at running BBS RS070 15x7 et16 all around.
      I'm on IE3s with Konis on a late model.

Do I need spacers?
      Will I rub?
      Do I need to stretch or roll the fenders at all?

I have new 205/55/15 tires.

Thanks!
      sigpic

Comment

After doing my research and learning, I think I have it figured out,
        Please comment

All for 1991 Vert

Putting 17x10, et 15, on the rear.....
        1. Using skinny tires, streched makes it easier.
        2. Using full size tires like 255 means major rolling, pulling, and streching the wheel well which usually means repaint and the stock look/lines are gone.
        3. Slammed/Lowered suspension makes it even harder.

Is that about it?

Thanks
        Last edited by WhyNot; 02-19-2013, 09:07 PM.
        Originally posted by der affe
        What are you going to start a thread about next? "My woman's skinny jeans chaffe my special parts, f*ck skin irritation"
        Originally posted by navid41691
        And no, I use lotion so I don't have to worry about skin irritation.
        '...rolling balls, i'm elated, i'm going dumb now; drinking liquor i'm faded and having fun now; loaded gun and tripping with everyone around; keep me stuck in the sky, i never wanna come down...'...kabosh

Comment

Originally posted by GT BMW E30 View Post
          dude......... do not say that.
          these
          I dunno, I'd take a whole lot of OEM low offset wheels over those. But I see where you're going with it at least. :p

Comment

Originally posted by sasha18yug View Post
            hey guys i'm trying to figure out my setup for my e30....its going to have bilstein b12 pro kit i think lowering of 30\30 (not sure) and i wann buy ronal aero wheels..specs are 16 \ 7,5 wide and et 38.... my question is...can i run this setup with no fender rolling ...i dont want it to look like crap under the fender... can someone post pictures with these wheels or with similar setup...thanks and i hope i can get an answer ...:D

sasha
            15-20mm spacers all around to fit them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vdubmt View Post
              Suggestions on tire size please. 16x8, 16x9 et15 all around suspension will be megan coils, spun low. Will I have any rubbing issues with this offset?
              Thanks.
              195/45 205/45
              195/45 215/40
              205/45 205/45

Etc etc. 215/45, 225/40, 225/45 will all require suitable amounts of fender massaging to fit in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
                I'm looking at running BBS RS070 15x7 et16 all around.
                I'm on IE3s with Konis on a late model.

Do I need spacers?
                Will I rub?
                Do I need to stretch or roll the fenders at all?

I have new 205/55/15 tires.

Thanks!
                Should fit without rubbing.

Comment

Originally posted by WhyNot View Post
                  After doing my research and learning, I think I have it figured out,
                  Please comment

All for 1991 Vert

Putting 17x10, et 15, on the rear.....
                  1. Using skinny tires, streched makes it easier.
                  2. Using full size tires like 255 means major rolling, pulling, and streching the wheel well which usually means repaint and the stock look/lines are gone.
                  3. Slammed/Lowered suspension makes it even harder.

Is that about it?

Thanks
                  You have the gist of it. In general anyone looking to run 255s on an E30 rear should be looking at +25 to +30 offset.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    195/45 205/45
                    195/45 215/40
                    205/45 205/45

Etc etc. 215/45, 225/40, 225/45 will all require suitable amounts of fender massaging to fit in the rear.
                    So if I do 195/45f, 205/45r, I'll be able to get away with out rolling?
                    Would 205/40 not be enough sidewall? Would prefer to have a little bit of beef to the tires so the 45's sound good but also don't want rubbing. Thanks for the reply and help.
                    (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

You have the gist of it. In general anyone looking to run 255s on an E30 rear should be looking at +25 to +30 offset.
                      Is this with severe fender rolling? As I understand it, a positive offset=more back spacing. so if a person wanted say 275 in the rear getting closer to a 0et would push the wheel away from the shock for clearance.....correct?
                      sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by Vdubmt View Post
                        So if I do 195/45f, 205/45r, I'll be able to get away with out rolling?
                        Would 205/40 not be enough sidewall? Would prefer to have a little bit of beef to the tires so the 45's sound good but also don't want rubbing. Thanks for the reply and help.
                        Yes, I'd suggest the 195/45 205/45 combo if you want to avoid rolling. 205/40 is too short of a diameter for an E30.

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                          Is this with severe fender rolling? As I understand it, a positive offset=more back spacing. so if a person wanted say 275 in the rear getting closer to a 0et would push the wheel away from the shock for clearance.....correct?
                          Yes, about the largest you'll get to fit on an E30 with just a basic fender roll (and NOT rub) is a 245. You're right on the offset explanation.

Comment

Yes, about the largest you'll get to fit on an E30 with just a basic fender roll (and NOT rub) is a 245. You're right on the offset explanation.
                            I have dtm flares That I'll be using. No rolling involved because I'll cut them out!
                            sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Appreciate the help. Thanks.
                              (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

What is the widest tire you can put onto Euroweaves? Just curious.

Comment

Working...
                                X