Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    215/40 is your limit. 225/40 doesn't really exist AFAIK.
    Yep you are right. Seems like only a few semi slicks in that size :/

235's have scrubbing issues I assume?

215's should be fine. Thanks mate
    E30 325i Touring currently under construction.
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...256444&page=20
    sigpic

Comment

OK need some input. wheels are 16x8 et11 (front) and 16x10 et23 (RS all around).

Had a set of 5x120 16x8 et11 filled/redrilled to 4x100 before, but the wheel place shaved the back pad to even(flatten it) out and I kinda didn't like that.

Now my question, can I get away with doing an adapter on rear 18mm adapter (4x100 to 5x114.3) to a final ET of +5 even if it's 10"?

what do you suppose I should do with the front wheels? TIA

Comment

William need to roll or pull, or spacers for:
        Also, tire size?

Late model coupe with 15x8 et13 BBS RM?

Thanks!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flash 23 View Post
          OK need some input. wheels are 16x8 et11 (front) and 16x10 et23 (RS all around).

Had a set of 5x120 16x8 et11 filled/redrilled to 4x100 before, but the wheel place shaved the back pad to even(flatten it) out and I kinda didn't like that.

Now my question, can I get away with doing an adapter on rear 18mm adapter (4x100 to 5x114.3) to a final ET of +5 even if it's 10"?

what do you suppose I should do with the front wheels? TIA
          No, the rear offset is close to where you want it without adapters.

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
            William need to roll or pull, or spacers for:
            Also, tire size?

Late model coupe with 15x8 et13 BBS RM?

Thanks!
            You should just be able to clear a 205/50. Rear roll may be necessary if you're really low.

Comment

15x6 front and 15x7 rear ET13 on all 4. I currently run 195/65/14 on my winter wheels with no issues and I like the meaty look. I am thinking 195/60/15 for the new wheels. Is this a good option? Car is lowered approx 1.5-2 inches and all four fenders are rolled.

Comment

I decided to order up some 18mm adapters so I can run my 5x120 wheels on my M tech vert.

Front is 17x8 ET 20 - 18mm net offset +2
                Rear is 17x9 ET 26 -18mm net offset +8

I want to run at least 215/40 on the 9's so I can still use them on my other cars. Suspension is H&R Race springs/Bilstein sports. I figure I can stack more spring pads in the rear to add height if needed. What do you guys think? All feedback is appreciated.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I am sure its been asked, but:
                  I have a lowered 89 coupe w/ Ronal LS 15x7.5 et25 and 225/15 tires.
                  I didn't have to roll fenders, but believe I have some rubbing in the front.
                  I'm assuming its on the strut because it only happens during low speed turns.
                  I found 3mm spacers, but is it a problem to run them just in front or should I get a pair for the rear also?
                  Is it necessary to spend the extra money for the 3mm longer bolts, or would stock bolts work fine?
                  Thanks
                  I love that people ask stupid questions so I dont have.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    There isn't. The fronts are already oversized in diameter, there's no suitable rear that will look right and actually fit.
                    thanks for the input i decided to go with 205/45/16 all around
                    sigpic"God made cars to be RWD and standard"

Comment

Hey guys, quick question. I have the OEM bottlecap wheels on all 4 corners and stock suspension, which will all be staying as is for now. It seems the stock size for tires is 195-65-14 and the PO had 215-60-14 on there.

I need to replace two of the tires and I am looking for great rain performance without regard to snow (MIAMI!!). I see there is a lack of options in the two sizes above, but it looks like 195-60-14 would work.

Any recommendations to other sizes and to specific tires for the car for wet traction?

Thanks!

- Dan
                      1991 e31 - Black on Black, 5.0L/6 Speed. Sold
                      1990 e30 Cabriolet, 2.5L/auto. Sold
                      1999 e39 Touring, 2.8L/auto. Sold
                      1988 e30 Cabriolet, 2.5L/5 Speed. Going for retro modern convenience driver.

Comment

HI jay,
                        my wheels specification
                        - 17x8.5 et.13 flat
                        i want to use on 520i e34 with eibach sportkit.
                        please info what tire size, should i use.
                        i prefer staggered style.
                        thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyp View Post
                          15x6 front and 15x7 rear ET13 on all 4. I currently run 195/65/14 on my winter wheels with no issues and I like the meaty look. I am thinking 195/60/15 for the new wheels. Is this a good option? Car is lowered approx 1.5-2 inches and all four fenders are rolled.
                          Should fit with the fender roll. I'd still suggest 195/55 though.

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                            I decided to order up some 18mm adapters so I can run my 5x120 wheels on my M tech vert.

Front is 17x8 ET 20 - 18mm net offset +2
                            Rear is 17x9 ET 26 -18mm net offset +8

I want to run at least 215/40 on the 9's so I can still use them on my other cars. Suspension is H&R Race springs/Bilstein sports. I figure I can stack more spring pads in the rear to add height if needed. What do you guys think? All feedback is appreciated.
                            Doesn't fit. You need extreme stretch to fit those wheels with adapters.

Comment

Originally posted by mccor023 View Post
                              I am sure its been asked, but:
                              I have a lowered 89 coupe w/ Ronal LS 15x7.5 et25 and 225/15 tires.
                              I didn't have to roll fenders, but believe I have some rubbing in the front.
                              I'm assuming its on the strut because it only happens during low speed turns.
                              I found 3mm spacers, but is it a problem to run them just in front or should I get a pair for the rear also?
                              Is it necessary to spend the extra money for the 3mm longer bolts, or would stock bolts work fine?
                              Thanks
                              Step 1 would be to look to see what's rubbing. Can't create a solution without knowing the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by trashycamaro View Post
                                Hey guys, quick question. I have the OEM bottlecap wheels on all 4 corners and stock suspension, which will all be staying as is for now. It seems the stock size for tires is 195-65-14 and the PO had 215-60-14 on there.

I need to replace two of the tires and I am looking for great rain performance without regard to snow (MIAMI!!). I see there is a lack of options in the two sizes above, but it looks like 195-60-14 would work.

Any recommendations to other sizes and to specific tires for the car for wet traction?

Thanks!

- Dan
                                Yes, 195/60 is the common second choice to actually find good tires. The Falken ZE-912 is good in the wet and comes in the stock size.

Comment

Working...
                                X