Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mushroom Stew View Post
    Here's some specs of a wheel I'm looking at. I run Billy sport shocks and H&R Sport springs.

ROTA WHEELS - GRID_V

15X7"

Bolt Pattern 4X100mm

Offset 20 mm

Lip Size: 2.2.5"

Hub Bore Size: 67.1 mm

OR

Some used Volk wheels I just found nearby

16x7
    Offset 42
    Hubbore 73mm

I'm a total newb, so whatever I'd need/to do to make these fit would be much appreciated
    The Rotas bolt right up, just need hubcentric rings (67mm - 57.1mm). Use 205/50, 205/55, or 225/45 tires.

The Volks require 20mm spacers all around as well as hubcentric rings. 205/50, 205/45, or 225/45 tires all fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      I can't see a 17x9 +40 fitting without spacers. A 17x10 +20 (wheel only, no tires) clears the trailing arms by a few hairs, and the 17x9s would be 7mm closer. Hence why I suggest 10mm spacers.
      I think you're spot on, I have 17x9ET22 with a 245 currently and it barely rubs the inside of the rear quarter (late model) under compression. Maybe 15mm spacer with 235's, that tire size seems to be getting phased out though, you can get everything in 245 but it's much taller
      - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Very tight fit. With 205/50s it would be fine, but I think it might rub just a bit with your existing tires.
        Thanks as always! Your help is much appreciated

Comment

The Rotas bolt right up, just need hubcentric rings (67mm - 57.1mm). Use 205/50, 205/55, or 225/45 tires.

The Volks require 20mm spacers all around as well as hubcentric rings. 205/50, 205/45, or 225/45 tires all fit.
          Thanks Jay.

Before I go out and drop any cash, just would like to know whether the Volk's (16x7, Offset: 42) with the tires you mention would require fender rolling (I run billy shocks & HR springs both sport)?

Also, if anyone has pictures of a similar style set up, I would love to see!

Comment

I can't see a 17x9 +40 fitting without spacers. A 17x10 +20 (wheel only, no tires) clears the trailing arms by a few hairs, and the 17x9s would be 7mm closer. Hence why I suggest 10mm spacers.
            Thanks for the info. I might go ahead with 17x8 +20 all round then, with 215/40 front and 235/40 rear. That should fit without issue I understand.
            '90 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom Stew View Post
              Thanks Jay.

Before I go out and drop any cash, just would like to know whether the Volk's (16x7, Offset: 42) with the tires you mention would require fender rolling (I run billy shocks & HR springs both sport)?

Also, if anyone has pictures of a similar style set up, I would love to see!
              100% won't rub with the 205 choices, won't rub 99% of the time with the 225/45s and no rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by AusScare View Post
                Thanks for the info. I might go ahead with 17x8 +20 all round then, with 215/40 front and 235/40 rear. That should fit without issue I understand.
                That will most definitely rub in the back. +25 is the key rear offset for 17x8 235/40.

Comment

BBS rs

Hi Mystikal
                  Please I need your advice , I have a set of bbs rs 003 ...holy grail ;) 7jx16 et 25 rebuilt to 8.5 front (2.5 inch lip) and 9 rear (3inch lip) ...dunno the final ET !
                  Car is lowered on GC full system , the front strut is shortened 1.5 inch .
                  What is the perfect tires size with mild stretch and no rubbing ? ( fender not rolled)
                  Your advice is appreciated .

Comment

Are 17x9.5 (+19 so spacers) all around on a 318is with H&R Springs and Billys a bad idea with any tire?
                    The Lineup in order of appearance:
                    91 535i
                    91 318is 5 Lug/E46M3 Brakes
                    91 325is w/ S52
                    88 Vert Plastic Bumper Swap
                    88 M3 ;D
                    91 325ix 5 speed
                    89 Vert Royalblau Metallic
                    73 2002
                    1986 325es --> is swap Rallycross Car!!
                    1995 Chevy G30 Tow Rig... *I SOLD A CAR!!*
                    1993 525i Granitsilber Metallic Touring

Need a 91 M5 bad but wife would shoot me...twice

*UPDATE: got a 93 M5 and still alive

1972 Jeep Wagoneer
                    1975 2002 five speed

Check out:
                    Elhartspeedshop.com

sigpic

Comment

Not a fitment question, but a grip question. Currently running 205/45/16 s.drives on my s52 swap. Going to step down to 15's plus meat flush for sake of dd'ability. Unfortunately it seems my only options are either 205/55/15 or 225/50/15, the latter of which only comes in kumho ecsta ast's. The 205/55/15 options are alright but I know grip wise, it's going to be the same as what I already have. I'm not willing to go undersized at all.

So the question is... grip wise... 205/45/16 s.drives vs 225/50/15 kumho ecsta ast. I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this (kumho ast's suck), I'm just always down for a surprise. These would go on a 15x7.5" btw. Thank you for any advice.

Comment

Now that Toyo added a tire to the short list of available 245 / 45 / 16s for the road I'm stoked on getting a set of 16x9s and getting a set of those tires for road and track. I'm running IE3 springs with all of the spring pads and no drop hats or anything + Konis. I plan to add camber plates and fender flares. Can I keep the offset of the wheels close to +20 ish and how much would I need to attack the front fenders for vertical clearance?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by E30dxb View Post
                          Hi Mystikal
                          Please I need your advice , I have a set of bbs rs 003 ...holy grail ;) 7jx16 et 25 rebuilt to 8.5 front (2.5 inch lip) and 9 rear (3inch lip) ...dunno the final ET !
                          Car is lowered on GC full system , the front strut is shortened 1.5 inch .
                          What is the perfect tires size with mild stretch and no rubbing ? ( fender not rolled)
                          Your advice is appreciated .
                          16x8.5 +6
                          16x9 +0

I've seen these run before, but it is an extreme fitment. You will need rolled and maybe slightly pulled fenders, especially the rears. 205/45 all around.

Comment

Originally posted by elcoy View Post
                            Are 17x9.5 (+19 so spacers) all around on a 318is with H&R Springs and Billys a bad idea with any tire?
                            You will need 12-15mm front spacers and stretched tires. At H&R ride height I think it would look really bad. Only way to pull something like those off is with mega tire stretch and the car slammed to the pavement.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil1138 View Post
                              Not a fitment question, but a grip question. Currently running 205/45/16 s.drives on my s52 swap. Going to step down to 15's plus meat flush for sake of dd'ability. Unfortunately it seems my only options are either 205/55/15 or 225/50/15, the latter of which only comes in kumho ecsta ast's. The 205/55/15 options are alright but I know grip wise, it's going to be the same as what I already have. I'm not willing to go undersized at all.

So the question is... grip wise... 205/45/16 s.drives vs 225/50/15 kumho ecsta ast. I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this (kumho ast's suck), I'm just always down for a surprise. These would go on a 15x7.5" btw. Thank you for any advice.
                              S.drives by a mile. 225/45/15 would be your best option, despite the undersized diameter.

Comment

Originally posted by whitebulat22 View Post
                                Now that Toyo added a tire to the short list of available 245 / 45 / 16s for the road I'm stoked on getting a set of 16x9s and getting a set of those tires for road and track. I'm running IE3 springs with all of the spring pads and no drop hats or anything + Konis. I plan to add camber plates and fender flares. Can I keep the offset of the wheels close to +20 ish and how much would I need to attack the front fenders for vertical clearance?

Thanks!
                                +10 is necessary to clear the front struts. Anything +25 or numerically lower will work in the rear. Unsure of how much bodywork will be needed exactly but it's not an outlandish setup. With flares you'll be more than okay.

Comment

Working...
                                X