Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Tires are 225/45/15

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      Hi guys. My name is Jay. I've been around this forum and many other over the years, studying E30 wheel and tire fitment since the late 90s. Seven years ago I started this thread to help people out with one-on-one fitment advice, and for whatever reasons I'm still keeping up with it. I actually stopped driving an E30 4 months after starting this thread but the knowledge is still there. Go ahead and ask away, or search the thread for info that may help you along the way to proper fitment.

Also, a plug. I own a BMW swap/stance/service shop in the Toronto area, look us up if you're local. Stance Factory. Facebook.

When asking, please include: Year, Model, Suspension, All Relevant Wheel Data (Diameter, Width, Offset, Bolt Pattern, etc), Tire Size, anything that could possibly affect my answer. When it doubt, tell me. And do not PM me, I will ignore you. :)

Hey I'm fairly to fitting wheels I've had my e30 for about a year now and I want to get a nice set I have an '87 325, suspension setup in the front is ground control adjusters with eibach springs and chopped ix housings, in the front I wanna fit an 16x8.5 wheel with a 195/45 and for the back a 16x9 with a 205/40 so I'm trying to go for a little bit of stretch but not much, now all I really need to see how much rolling/pulling fenders will be needed et back spacing and spacers I'll need. Thanks for any help you can give me

Comment

Hey Mystikal. Just wanted to say thanks for all the help you give to the community. You helped me out before, I was just considering a change to my setup, and hoping to get some advice.

Right now my setup is 16x7 et 45 with 25mm adapters and 205/50 tires. I've got 1 inch lips and I want to go bigger with either 1.5 or 2 inches. If I'm not mistaken, the 1.5 would put me at et14 16x7.5, and the 2 inch would put me at et7 16x8? I'm assuming for the 1.5 I would either need to get smaller 18mm adapters or go for smaller 205/45 tires, and for the 2 inch lips I would need to do both? Ideally I do want to do 2 inch lips

Appreciate it in advance.

h&r sports/bilstein sports
        Last edited by fanofe30s; 03-14-2015, 04:51 PM.
        Need a limited slip differential? Check my FS threads

Feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          Did you buy them? It's a long answer but only if you're dead serious here.

My neighbor is holding on to them if I ever want to commit to the project they're mine. Just looking if anyone makes flares that big or will I have to make them. And also tire suggestions. Going to peechykeen for adapters! Looks like I might do it next winter along with big brakes and turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Legit Sellers: Insomniac912, SixerFixer, 3liter6, NoSnowJustIce, JustXtreme, SLEEPYDUB

Comment

Originally posted by CirrusblauS52 View Post
            I have an '89 e30 with 15x8 TR C1 Wheels (20 mm offset) with Hankook Ventus RS3 tires, and Eibach springs. The fenders have been rolled, but I'm still having issues with the rear tires rubbing on the wheel arches under heavy acceleration (the s52 makes it squat and rub significantly at full throttle). Any suggestions on how to stop the tires from rubbing?

Stiffer springs.

Or flare out the fenders with a roller. If it's rubbing on the lip of the arch a flare will help. Not so much of the rubbing is up further inside the arch

Comment

I have a set of Work CR01 15x8 +7 (O Disk) on order that I'll be running with 225 Hankook R-S3s. I know you said +20 was ideal but I'd like to hear your thoughts on anyway though I know rolling will be required.

Should I be concerned with strut clearance? What about caliper clearance?

Comment

Originally posted by jordy101 View Post
                m50 swap 318i.
                I have a set of KA motors ultra wide flares.
                Fortune 500 coilovers. Rear isnt a true coilover setup.
                Firstly is it possible? Secondly, what offset?
                A 17x9.5 wheel with a 275/40/17 up front.
                A 17x11 wheel with a 315/35/17 wheel up the back.

Thanks,
                J
                No idea what the shape and specs of any flares are, only stock fenders.

Comment

Originally posted by dmjensen View Post
                  What is the largest tire I can use on a 16x9 wheel with et12 for offset?

I currently have 205/45 and I'd like to fit something wider for more traction. The car is aligned at -3 degrees on all four wheels.

I'm thinking 215/45 would be the largest without getting a different wheel.
                  215/40. 215/45 would probably rub occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by LINUS View Post
                    E30m3 body & BBS LM's
                    Want to run:
                    18 x 9" FR
                    18 x 10" RR

Is ET15 the right offset all 4 corners?

If needed, I have Sport Evo fenders for any issues in front, and am doing 18" because 17" LM's are rare as heck. So deposit is already in on the 18's, just need to know offset - I know alot of East Coast guys run these, just don't know offset.

Experts?
                    +15 is fine yes

Comment

Originally posted by CirrusblauS52 View Post
                      I have an '89 e30 with 15x8 TR C1 Wheels (20 mm offset) with Hankook Ventus RS3 tires, and Eibach springs. The fenders have been rolled, but I'm still having issues with the rear tires rubbing on the wheel arches under heavy acceleration (the s52 makes it squat and rub significantly at full throttle). Any suggestions on how to stop the tires from rubbing?
                      Swap out the poor, sad, sagging Eibachs. I can tell they're sagging without seeing the car. Absolutely worthless E30 springs.

Comment

Originally posted by 87Lachsilber View Post
                        Hey I'm fairly to fitting wheels I've had my e30 for about a year now and I want to get a nice set I have an '87 325, suspension setup in the front is ground control adjusters with eibach springs and chopped ix housings, in the front I wanna fit an 16x8.5 wheel with a 195/45 and for the back a 16x9 with a 205/40 so I'm trying to go for a little bit of stretch but not much, now all I really need to see how much rolling/pulling fenders will be needed et back spacing and spacers I'll need. Thanks for any help you can give me
                        +10 front and rear. Fender rolling. Done.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofe30s View Post
                          Hey Mystikal. Just wanted to say thanks for all the help you give to the community. You helped me out before, I was just considering a change to my setup, and hoping to get some advice.

Right now my setup is 16x7 et 45 with 25mm adapters and 205/50 tires. I've got 1 inch lips and I want to go bigger with either 1.5 or 2 inches. If I'm not mistaken, the 1.5 would put me at et14 16x7.5, and the 2 inch would put me at et7 16x8? I'm assuming for the 1.5 I would either need to get smaller 18mm adapters or go for smaller 205/45 tires, and for the 2 inch lips I would need to do both? Ideally I do want to do 2 inch lips

Appreciate it in advance.

h&r sports/bilstein sports
                          16x7.5 +14 and 16x8 +7 yes. For the 1.5 I think you should just fit without changing the adapter. For the 2" yes, downsize to 18mm and run a 205/45.

Comment

Originally posted by fenwick View Post
                            My neighbor is holding on to them if I ever want to commit to the project they're mine. Just looking if anyone makes flares that big or will I have to make them. And also tire suggestions. Going to peechykeen for adapters! Looks like I might do it next winter along with big brakes and turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Your biggest problem is finding a 17" tire that is both suitable for an E30 and can mount on a 14" wide rim. You'll quickly find that there are just about none. Say you do ballout, splurge and get lucky on a set of 295/35/17s (big $$$). They will still barely mount, and require massive bodywork to fit. The fronts are easier. Get 225/45/16s and some flares.

-7 offset front
                            -30 offset rear

The car would drive like absolute crap afterwards too. Alignment and steering angles are all WAY off.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorLondom
                              I'm looking to replace the tires on my Ronal LS wheels this spring. Currently, I have BFGoodrich G-Force Sport 205/55R15 tires and I like the look. The tires came with the wheels but the car is never tracked or anything. I'm just looking for a set of decent street tires. I found 2 sets in the same price range:

Kumho Ecsta 4X 205/55R15
                              Kumho Ecsta AST 225/50R15

Since the G-Force Sports are (apparently) a bit wider than most 205s, I figured I would go for the 225 ASTs, but I'm not sure if they will fit without rubbing or looking silly. The AST is also a pretty old tire.

Wheels are Ronal LS 15x7.5 ET25. Car is a late model on Bilstein Sports, H&R Sports, and E90 hats. Fenders not rolled or pulled.

Thanks!
                              Both are poor tires, and quite a downgrade from what you have now. I'd suggest sticking to 205/55 and using DZ102 or S.drive tires.

Comment

Originally posted by 2PointSlow View Post
                                I have a set of Work CR01 15x8 +7 (O Disk) on order that I'll be running with 225 Hankook R-S3s. I know you said +20 was ideal but I'd like to hear your thoughts on anyway though I know rolling will be required.

Should I be concerned with strut clearance? What about caliper clearance?
                                Won't clear the bodywork at all, not even close. Acres (too much) strut clearance, caliper clearance is dictated by spokes and manufacturer design not fitment numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X