Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car is a 89 late model coupe on gc full kit, front fenders are rolled rears are not. I will be going 5 lug soon with nasiegs kit which pushes out the front track by 12 mm and the rear stays the same. I want to run 16x8 et35 wheels with 225/45r16. I was thinking of leaving the front as is and adding either a 10 or 15mm spacer on the rear. Would I run into any problems with this set up? what would you recommend? I'm not looking for hellaflush/stretched tire look. Thanks for the help.

Comment

E30 with E30M3 5lug

17 inch Front 8.5 offset 12 Rear 9.5 offset 24

Will it fit?

Comment

Anyone running 17x8 +20 up front and 17x9 +25 in the rear? I am lowered on H&R springs with Billstien shocks.

Will this require fender modification or other changes to be driven?
        I can access 4.6 Ford engines, 5.0 Coyotes, 4.8 and 5.3 LSX swaps. PM me if you seriously need one.

Comment

Originally posted by kusserwagon View Post
          So, I've done some searching but can't find exactly the right info i need. I recently acquired a set of wheels with brand new tires for free from a buddy of mine. They are 16x7.5 et35 and 16x9 et30. Tires are 215/40r16. From what I've found most people say I'd need between a 10mm and 15mm spacer for the front. But when I put them on to check clearances I only barely rub the shock tower. Making me think a 3-5mm spacer would work. And for the rear I haven't been able to find much at all. Some say 10mm spacer, some say only needs rolling to clear. I am planning on rolling front and rear anyways so that's not a big deal. And my car is currently on JOM coilovers so I can raise or lower as much as needed. I'm not looking for what spacers I need for "hellaflush" or "stance". Solely looking for what I need to get them mounted. Thank you r3v.
          It "will fit" with just 5mm front spacers and nothing else but it will look silly. Tiny tires and VERY sunken inside. At the bare minimum I'd say run 20mm front spacers alone, ideally 20mm front 15mm rear. Would only need a minor rear roll if it's slammed, even with the spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by jdog94 View Post
            My car is a 89 late model coupe on gc full kit, front fenders are rolled rears are not. I will be going 5 lug soon with nasiegs kit which pushes out the front track by 12 mm and the rear stays the same. I want to run 16x8 et35 wheels with 225/45r16. I was thinking of leaving the front as is and adding either a 10 or 15mm spacer on the rear. Would I run into any problems with this set up? what would you recommend? I'm not looking for hellaflush/stretched tire look. Thanks for the help.
            Sounds like you're exactly right in your plans. Just a rear fender roll needed. Try to stick to 10mm for good clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by GT BMW E30 View Post
              E30 with E30M3 5lug

17 inch Front 8.5 offset 12 Rear 9.5 offset 24

Will it fit?
              Fits, dead flush. Good if you're into that sort of thing, bad if you're not. 205/40 front 215/40 or 225/35 rear with rolled rear fenders.

Comment

Originally posted by b_something View Post
                Anyone running 17x8 +20 up front and 17x9 +25 in the rear? I am lowered on H&R springs with Billstien shocks.

Will this require fender modification or other changes to be driven?
                Fits great with 215/40 front 235/40 rear. Just needs a rear fender roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                  Fits, dead flush. Good if you're into that sort of thing, bad if you're not. 205/40 front 215/40 or 225/35 rear with rolled rear fenders.
                  I am asking a bit much but could you post a pic of an example. Noob to wheel fitment stuff.

Comment

It "will fit" with just 5mm front spacers and nothing else but it will look silly. Tiny tires and VERY sunken inside. At the bare minimum I'd say run 20mm front spacers alone, ideally 20mm front 15mm rear. Would only need a minor rear roll if it's slammed, even with the spacers.
                    Thanks for the response. Just the verification I was looking for, and as for the tires, they were pre fitted on the free wheels. I will go with something a little more beefy when these wear down. :thankyou:

Comment

Where did you read 16x9 +0 fits perfectly? They sit about 10-15mm outside of the car and won't work at all without substantial fender mods. 16x9 +15 is ideal for the rear. 16x10 +12 would be perfect in my eyes. Fender pulling and/or flares are necessary still.
                      Thank you, I assumed that 9et 0 was perfect since people are always stretching their BBS RS ...x7 et25 to ...x9 et0 or 3. Thanks for clarifying.

Mahalo,
                      Frank

Comment

Originally posted by GT BMW E30 View Post
                        I am asking a bit much but could you post a pic of an example. Noob to wheel fitment stuff.
                        Sorry, no dice.

Comment

Originally posted by fporro View Post
                          Thank you, I assumed that 9et 0 was perfect since people are always stretching their BBS RS ...x7 et25 to ...x9 et0 or 3. Thanks for clarifying.

Mahalo,
                          Frank
                          Yeah they do that when they start with E30-specific RS001s, but it's actually much better to start with a FWD RS application that sits the inner wheel edge right at the strut. That's how you get 9" and wider on an E30, by staying close to the inside.

Comment

Rehashed

Hey All:

I'm looking to get something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/231262508735 for my 87' 325IS. I'm running on H&R's with Billi sports, so the car sits a bit lower. I don't want to do any body work or have any rubbing. Can someone get me some more specific specs on wheels that will work without any further modifications? All I know is that I need 4x100 but all the other geometric details are a mystery.

Thank you all in advance.:thankyou:
                            1987 E30 325is (5-Speed)
                            2006 E83 X3 M-Sport (Slush)
                            2010 E90 328 X-Drive MSport (Slush)

Comment

Originally posted by MPoser View Post
                              Hey All:

I'm looking to get something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/231262508735 for my 87' 325IS. I'm running on H&R's with Billi sports, so the car sits a bit lower. I don't want to do any body work or have any rubbing. Can someone get me some more specific specs on wheels that will work without any further modifications? All I know is that I need 4x100 but all the other geometric details are a mystery.

Thank you all in advance.:thankyou:
                              If you don't want to roll fenders, stay away from most 16x9s. If you run 16x8 all around with 205/50 or 205/45 tires you will 100% have no rubbing. The offset you're looking for is +20, just like the fronts in your link.

Comment

Wheels: 16x8.5 ET 24 all around
                                Tires: 215/50r16

Fenders are stock. No spacers.

Any issues with such a set up?

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Working...
                                X