If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Just hit them with the laugh emoji react when stuff is too expensive. I see that a lot on the RX7 groups.
Funny enough, they hit me with that one when I tell them their parts / car are overpriced. Meanwhile, their add is still sitting around on marketplace 6 months later!
never met anyone in the industry that had time for their own stuff. i dunno how you guys keep up to it.
At the end of the day you're either really about it and can make it work, or you just become a mechanic that drives basic, stock cars and only turn wrenches for money.
Most are the latter.
Some move out of the industry because they get more joy just working on their own projects, others forfeit their hobby for the money.
NGL at the end of the day, the last thing I want to do is work on my shit, but I'm lucky enough to have my own shop, so I'll straight up clear a work day for one of my cars if I really want to do something, which isn't very often.
Most of my cars are closer to stock than anything. If I add another classic, I just go through the car thoroughly once I get it and hopefully reach cruising altitude. So just basic maintenance.
I don't have the time or space to do big projects on my own cars, like swaps or anything that will be somewhat drawn out.
Would I rather spend $$ to swap my car or swap someone else's car for $$$$$ type shit (as the kids would say)
never met anyone in the industry that had time for their own stuff. i dunno how you guys keep up to it.
Oh I've been out of the mechanic world for a while. I'm in CI for manufacturing, so car work is a relaxing hobby now. Justa great way to spend time/money.
I worked on my boss' car when I was at a shop. He wanted to build a sick e30, had all the parts, had the space, had cash, but didn't have time. I didn't do a ton of work on it, but I did get the project started. I think having the car stuck on a lift was motivating to keep working on it.
never met anyone in the industry that had time for their own stuff. i dunno how you guys keep up to it.
one guy locally wound up being his own client, wound up paying others in the shop to work on his car. it had sat in a corner for over a decade.
I worked on my boss' car when I was at a shop. He wanted to build a sick e30, had all the parts, had the space, had cash, but didn't have time. I didn't do a ton of work on it, but I did get the project started. I think having the car stuck on a lift was motivating to keep working on it.
I've been posting a bit more lately, finally updating my build thread.
Originally posted by 2002jm
Yes, I can never find anything I have looked at more that two days ago. Lost in FB land:)
We need to think about supporting this forum with time and money. Any idea how to do the money part?
jm
Can you imagine Jame's surprise if he just starts getting checks in the mail from some money making scheme?
Tired of going onto FB too, going to get away from the doom scrolling by just coming back here.
Yes, I can never find anything I have looked at more that two days ago. Lost in FB land:)
We need to think about supporting this forum with time and money. Any idea how to do the money part?
jm
We need more people to come back pass the word:)
jm
I don't have a personal facebook account, but maybe somebody could make a post every once in a while encouraging people to at least post some of their cars in the Members Rides section?
My car is away for paint, and I'm installing coilovers once I get it back, but after all that I'll be updating my thread.
EDIT: oh shit - my 5,000th post and post #69 in this thread..... nice.
Leave a comment: