Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    These historic Audi's are hard to find
    That's for sure. I've never even seen one. Why is it old Audis are so hard to find? Low production numbers or were they just junk with a super high rate of attrition?

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
      That's for sure. I've never even seen one. Why is it old Audis are so hard to find? Low production numbers or were they just junk with a super high rate of attrition?
      They rust out, had crap original drivetrains, and older ones were often only sold in decent numbers in a select few locations. These factors made them hard to upkeep on the cheap, and so I suspect that lead them to the crusher at a higher than usual frequency.

Comment

In the 80's they killed a few people with the Audi 5000 and had a horrible reputation honestly until the early 2000's. Also they were very unreliable. Audi didn't have a resurgence until the A5, Q7, and R8.

Comment

Originally posted by Juganator View Post
          In the 80's they killed a few people with the Audi 5000 and had a horrible reputation honestly until the early 2000's. Also they were very unreliable. Audi didn't have a resurgence until the A5, Q7, and R8.
          Not true, the "unintended acceleration" was just another case of people being stupid and the media running away with a story. Also not sure that Audi has, or ever had, a good rep when it comes to reliability, and while they used to be innovative back they are just another VW group cut and paste effort today.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            Not true, the "unintended acceleration" was just another case of people being stupid and the media running away with a story. Also not sure that Audi has, or ever had, a good rep when it comes to reliability, and while they used to be innovative back they are just another VW group cut and paste effort today.
            Well yeah of course but perception is reality and if people believe Audi was killing people they would go with that instead of drivers being too dumb to determine the difference between the accelerator and the brake pedal.

Comment

Audi's have a nice interior. No denying that. Are they enthusiast friendly? hell no. do they hold their value, of course not. Do they stand the test of time, I wouldn't know because i never see old ones around. ;)

Comment

The 1980s 'unintended acceleration' debacle bears no relationship to the rarity of pre 1980s audis. I have seen a couple of 1980s audis around, but I have never seen one from an earlier period. Audis in general don't seem to stick around long I see more of just about anything from the early 90s than Audis and there always seem to be Audis in the junkyard that are newer than a lot of the other cars there.

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                [CoTM: 4-18]
                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                - updated 3-17

Comment

The 1980s 'unintended acceleration' debacle bears no relationship to the rarity of pre 1980s audis. I have seen a couple of 1980s audis around, but I have never seen one from an earlier period. Audis in general don't seem to stick around long I see more of just about anything from the early 90s than Audis and there always seem to be Audis in the junkyard that are newer than a lot of the other cars there.
                  Agreed but I think that killed the sales of 90's Audi's which leads to the rarity of some of the 90's models. I can't speak on anything pre 90's. I have noticed I see way more 70's & 80's MB's and BMW's than I do Audi's. In fact I can't remember the last time I saw a pre-1999 Audi.

Comment

I had a 73 Audi 100 for several years. It was pretty progressive with front wheel drive and inboard brakes. It was very reliable. I really didn’t have many issues with it and at the time it was 20+ years old. I would have kept it but wanted a stick and ended up with a 2002 that was just as old. I think rust got to a lot of them and they were a small brand back then.

Comment

My dad had a first gen Audi 5000S back in maybe ‘85. I drove it a lot because I got my learners permit that year. At the time it was a bold design and we thought the inline5 engine was cool. I remember it being terrible at starting in cold weather (and we were in Atlanta). My dad used to heat the fuel injection lines with a hair dryer. It also had an air compressor in the trunk, that was nifty.

His next car was an e28 535i with a manual trans. Obviously never looked back at the Audi. I drove the piss out of that e28 and also for dances/proms and big dates. I still hope to find one someday before I die.
                      My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
                      I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Somebody needs to save this '93. I already rescued a '93 vert a couple of years ago (and sold it here), so going to pass...

1993 Bmw e30 Convertible - $2750

1993 BMW e30 convertible 5speed 190K sport seats ac works , fun car runs and drives great
                        R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                        └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                          Somebody needs to save this '93. I already rescued a '93 vert a couple of years ago (and sold it here), so going to pass...

1993 Bmw e30 Convertible - $2750

1993 BMW e30 convertible 5speed 190K sport seats ac works , fun car runs and drives great
                          Depending on rust that doesnt look half bad.
                          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Just saw this thing while doing my daily craigslist searches. Looks pretty rad

LS1 E30 $10,000

Attached Files
                            Last edited by 2mAn; 01-20-2019, 06:51 PM.

Comment

1987 Honda CRX Si Silver - $950
                              https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...798291778.html

For sale is a 1987 Honda CRX Si in silver, unmodified, unmolested. This was the last year of the 1st generation CRX. This car was fun and extremely reliable until the timing belt tore recently. Never driven hard under my care, since 2008.

- The interior is in fantastic shape
                              - Sunroof functions perfectly
                              - Aftermarket radio/cd/aux box, running through the original speakers, good standard sound
                              - Original fenders were made of plastic not metal, and were notorious for their vulnerability to chipping. This car has the original fenders and is no exception to this pattern. I have seen intact original fenders for sale on ebay and car-parts.com
                              - Shifter and gearbox are in great condition, easy shifting
                              - Car does not run because the timing belt broke
                              - Speedometer not working properly (needs a new gear I'm told)
                              - Missing passenger side sun visor
                              - Some tinted window film on hatch window and elsewhere, not installed by me
                              - Earlier pics have no hubcaps, older tires. Newer (current) pics have inexpensive hubcaps and new tires.
                              - Tires are 6 months old

Please email if you wish to take a look. Hoping to show the car this weekend. Thanks for your interest. My name is Josh.

Comment

Originally posted by ErectNoose View Post
                                Just saw this thing while doing my daily craigslist searches. Looks pretty rad

LS1 E30 $10,000

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/...799819454.html
                                The want for that is real
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
                                X