Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought i would give this guy a hand and post this car here. it appears to be in insanely good condition-especially for a car coming from the uk. the cluster is certainly not original as it is out of a us model. it bothers me that he appears to be selling it as original miles and it absolutely is not, though it very well could have less miles on it.

1991 BMW 318i E30 Touring - RHD, Rare, CLEAN - $9000 (Pflugerville)

Hi there!

Up for sale is a pretty special/rare car, a 1991 BMW 318i Touring imported from the UK (Right Hand Drive). If you're reading this then you probably already know the degree of rarity that goes with these cars, so I'll get right to it!

This is an insanely clean model that has never skipped a beat. Even before leaving the UK, it was as fully registered and MOT'd (British Automotive Inspections) car. I have a folder full of both service receipts back to 2010 and MOT receipts back to 2013. From every MOT inspection, you can see that the car has been well taken car of throughout its lifetime.

Running and driving is awesome, the car starts every time without a moment of hesitation. The little M40 4 cylinder burns no oil, does not smoke, nor does it struggle to get up to speeds. Its not the fastest e30 out there, but its great on gas and can hold 80 on the freeway like a dream. Automatic Trans works as expected with shifts being purposeful and well timed. Cars makes an awesome daily driver, all 4 cylinders of fury being both form and function. (my favorite line in this ad lol.)

Interior is super clean, the grey comfort seats and leather door cards are fully original OEM and clear of any rips, tears, sagging, or burns. Seats fold down to open up the back of the car, making it extremely functional. Super super rare Dog Guard net comes with this car as well. All electronics work, as well as all lighting inside and out. Central locking works from all corners. The body of the car is unbelievably straight. Theres no large dents, dings, paint peel, rust, or signs of age. Instead, the cars original Laguna Metallic Green is in great condition and shines like no other with a nice detail and polish. As for the cons of the body, just the usual signs of age, however its pretty limited to one or two pits on the hood from road debris and a lightly saggy rear headliner.

The car is for sale with a clean Texas Title in hand as well as brand new reg stickers that are good for quite a while. Something I would also like to stress is that this car is a massive attention grabber, so be ready to be featured on multiple snapchat stories and making people smile/stare. I can arrange transport to anywhere in the US as well if needed. Please text me or email me if you have any questions/interest, happy to answer any and all! :)

Car is located in Pflugerville/North Austin.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by flyboyx; 10-23-2017, 09:05 AM.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Damn, that's a beauty...
      88 325i Cabrio
      04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
        https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ct...355150009.html

1991 BMW 318i E30 Touring - RHD, Rare, CLEAN - $9000 (Pflugerville)
        Looks nice. M40 though, so it'll never be any good unless you engine swap it, and it's RHD so that's more of a pain than it should be. Damn shame.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Girard View Post
          Well it could look nice but it's probably rice because all the add says is "Blue paint nitros hook up". I hope someone saves it or at least parts out the good stuff.

I always laugh at people who take pictures of the car at night, especially when the car is a darker color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by flyboyx
          how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
          Originally posted by Northern
          beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
          Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
          Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
          '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
          Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Not sure how much these are cost but nice wheel.

Hi I have for sale bmw e30 Steering wheel is remanufactured with a new natural leather - high quality- HANDMADE in EU
            Steering wheel will fits to other models but You have to replace Hub adapter .
            Please call 773 8one49one76 Pawel !!!!NO mails!!!!

Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

^That’s a decent buy.
              1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
              1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
              1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
              ...And a couple others...

Comment

$45k is a lot, but when you consider that a Toyota Highlander costs that much these days... well, the choice is simple.

Alpina B10 biturbo 1990 - $45000

Alpina B10 Bi-Turbo is a high performance version of the BMW 5 Series E34 executive car built by Alpina. Beginning production in 1989, the B10 Bi-Turbo was based on the 535i and received several upgrades by Alpina, being the fastest production sedan in the world at the time of its introduction. Production ended in 1994 with 507 examples produced.
                Based on the E34 535i and developed at a cost of $3.2 million, the B10 Bi-Turbo was introduced at the Geneva Motor Show in March 1989.
                This car is series number #366 of 507.
                R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                  $45k is a lot, but when you consider that a Toyota Highlander costs that much these days... well, the choice is simple.

Alpina B10 Bi-Turbo is a high performance version of the BMW 5 Series E34 executive car built by Alpina. Beginning production in 1989, the B10 Bi-Turbo was based on the 535i and received several upgrades by Alpina, being the fastest production sedan in the world at the time of its introduction. Production ended in 1994 with 507 examples produced.
                  Based on the E34 535i and developed at a cost of $3.2 million, the B10 Bi-Turbo was introduced at the Geneva Motor Show in March 1989.
                  This car was withdrawn from BAT because it was a fake Alpina or something...

Bid for the chance to own a 1990 BMW Alpina B10 Biturbo 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #6,468.

Comment

Too bad these cars drive like shit. Maybe that's why the owner never drove it. LOL

1982 DMC Delorean 2,500 Original Miles! - $44900

1 Owner Original Delorean. 5spd with only 2,225 orig miles. Original dealer paperwork included. Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
                      This car was withdrawn from BAT because it was a fake Alpina or something...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...b10-biturbo-3/
                      Good catch! Didn't know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post

“Developed at a cost of $3.2 million”. LOL

Comment

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/...360770960.html holy wheel gap. someone explain this car?

turbs

i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by sonomabimmers View Post
                            https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/...360770960.html holy wheel gap. someone explain this car? l[/url]
                            I do have an explaination: Its more ghey than the average human mind has the ability to comprehend.

Body kit is konig. If you could, when you post a link, please include a copy of the description and a photo.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                              I do have an explaination: Its more ghey than the average human mind has the ability to comprehend.

Body kit is konig. If you could, when you post a link, please include a copy of the description and a photo.
                              yea i usually do was in a rush this time. that car is hideous though:hitler:
                              i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

This might be the best one I've ever seen. Thinking about going to see this car just to interact with this wizard...also really want to know about "the mud".

-1994 Corvette, 350 cu in LT1 engine, fuel injected, 125K, 6 speed manual transmission, Polo Green color, mechanically solid,
                                -This car does not use oil and will regularly make 28-29 MPG.
                                - I don't believe the top is removable..at least I've never had it off.
                                - The interior is beige leather and except for one small wear hole on the outside of the drivers seat, it is in good condition.
                                - Only 700 or so Corvettes in Polo Green with manual transmission were manufactured in 1994.

It Needs:
                                - TIRES. (On line, a set runs $365-1000+ depending on size, mileage rating, speed rating, and run flat capability.)
                                - The front fiberglass wheel well liners need to be replaced. They run $200+- online and bolt on.
                                - The coolant overflow reservoir that sits on the right front wheel well liner is gone. This causes the system to slowly lose coolant, usually over a period of 2-4 weeks.
                                - Just recently developed some electrical issues and the battery runs down when it sits.
                                - The cruise control is not currently working. It worked fine before the mud.
                                - It sat and wasn't driven for a few years and the air con hasn't worked since it's been sitting.
                                - The plastic "nose" (front bumper) of the car was pulled out and slightly to one side by mud and the styrofoam that fills it was pushed out. The plastic bumper was also cracked at that time, though not very noticeable. I've straightened it some but the steel brace that holds the bumper could be removed and straightened to correct things not aligning as they should.
                                - The right front running light was pushed in by mud and needs attention.
                                - The passenger side rear fender joint was torn from mud buildup. It's not real obvious and doesn't need fixing to drive the car, but it should be fixed.

The car is up and running and is being driven regularly right now. You can test drive it.

The Up Side:

- When you first see the car, you don't notice the little things done by the mud.
                                - The car definitely has the "Corvette Mystique". Yes, even in the last few weeks of driving it, I have stories.
                                - Cars like this are regularly priced from $8,500 to $11,000, which gives you a lot of margin if you want to drive it and fix it as you go, or fix it and resell it.

- I deal CASH ONLY. No PayPal, no checks, no scammers. The only car I'm interested in right now is a Mini Clubman, '08+, manual transmission.
                                - NO! I do NOT need help selling this.

NOTE: I don't have time for people who call and try to dicker without coming to see it first.

- IF THE POST IS UP, IT'S STILL FOR SALE!
                                - Call or text me and I will answer your questions honestly.
                                - I will be polite and expect that you will not give me cause to be otherwise.
                                - I'm 68, retired, and have been urged by my wife and daughter to sell this car.
                                - Text is best, and I WILL contact you back.. unless I suspect that you're a scammer or lowballer and wasting my time. Then I will check your phone number against the scammer lists.
                                - If you're a scammer, I will then turn all contact info over to a new group that is having some success locating and prosecuting you guys. And I hope they catch you!

- And if you aren't serious, please don't waste my time and yours.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                                Sounds like you need a massage.
                                Originally posted by kpeng
                                Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Working...
                                X