Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, talk about all show, no go! I bet body panel fitment is tight as a frog's butthole!

1969 Volkswagen Sterling !!!! Rare ! - $6000

Selling my 1969 Volks wagon Sterling ! Has a hydraulic pop top . Works .! Needs an interior . Runs and drives . Could use the fluids changed it's been sitting for three years in my garage . Clean title in hand ! Make me an offer !
    R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
    └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Too minty not to post here

1991 BMW M5 93K MILES - $19500 (PHOENIX)

1991 BMW M5
      CLEAN TITLE
      EXCEPTIONAL CONDITION
      93K MILES
      MAINTANENCE IS UP TO DATE
      NO CRACKS ON DASH OR LEATHER
      ORIGINAL WORKING RADIO
      NO DEAD PIXELS ON DASH
      THROWING STAR WHEELS
      NO PAINT DAMAGE OR DENTS
      ALL ORIGINAL NO AFTERMARKET PARTS

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
        This one might be worth a look. There are many unknowns that could be answered upon inspection.

1987 BMW 535i - $1500

Hey All,
        This is my project car 1987 BMW 535i. I bought this car initially as my daily driver with 145,000 miles on it and it did serve me faithfully for the first 6 months and 2,000 miles of ownership. However, as the state of various systems regarding comfortability and driveability began to deteriorate, I purchased something newer and more reliable, with admittedly less character. Seeing as I had a new daily driver, I set my mind to a multitude of project car dreams. Whether that was track rat or OEM restoration, none of these ideas came to be.

Although my dreams of the perfect E28 were cut short because of school and job commitments, yours may become true! After getting my motorcycle endorsement, I really want a motorcycle and getting my E28 out of my driveway will be the first step towards that. I will now detail the condition of the car as well some parts I have to give the car the push it needs.

Drivetrain
        The M30B34, 3.4 liter inline 6 cylinder engine is a torquey, sweet sounding engine when running properly. When this engine ran, it would sing smoothly to its 7,000rpm redline but this was not frequently necessary as this engine utilized its torque advantage, providing for a thrusting low-mid rpm power range. However, it does not run currently. Throughout my ownership, the starter motor was fault and would require multiple cranks of the ignition to fire. After putting off the dreaded starter replacement on M20s and M30s, I decided to attempt to replace it a month back. This attempt did not end in success, hence why the starter is partially disconnected from the engine, and is the reason why the engine will not crank currently. Additionally, there is a small oil leak from the valve cover gasket. There is no smoke from the oil leaking onto the headers and it does not leak enough oil, or burn enough for that matter, to make a difference in the oil levels of the engine. A new OEM exhaust was installed a week prior to my purchasing of the car.
        The Getrag 260, 5 speed manual transmission fitted to the car works exceptionally. Coming from the truck like transmission of my previous car , a 91 Saab 900, this transmission shifts exceptionally smooth with a fairly long throw from gear to gear. The clutch engages fairly low, towards the floorboard, and seems to have plenty of life left. I was told by the previous owner that is was recently replaced, September 2016 at the time, with an Sachs Clutch.
        The differential or drive-shaft do not make any noise out of the ordinary and function well. I am not sure whether the car is fitted with an open diff or an LSD, but my inclination is to say that it is open.

Suspension/Brakes/Steering
        E28s use an independent front and rear suspension. The OEM springs and shocks are in good condition and ride well. It can be driven in a sporty manner and while it certainly has a fair amount of body roll, it grips nicely on good tires.
        The hydroboost system on E28s is a fairly unique system in the way which the power steering and brake booster are linked through a belt system and a hydroboost "bomb". When I purchased this car, the previous owner claimed it had a fault brake booster. The "brake" warning light on the dash is constantly lit up, not just for the first few seconds after startup like a typical e28. The brakes have a weird bite point further down in the pedal travel, however they do stop adequately. I had no qualms about taking this car on the highway and having to stop in an emergency situation, so long as a properly following distance was maintained. The ABS systems work and engages well in low traction braking scenarios, although an 80's ABS is fairly primitive.
        Another one of my projects was rebuilding the power steering pump. While I also completed this procedure by replacing all seals as well as the pilot bearing, a small c-clip is preventing me from reinstalling the power steering pump. Currently, the A/C and power steering drive belts have been removed. Therefore, the car does not have power brakes or power steering. Prior to my rebuild of the pump, it leaked profusely but the steering never suffered so long as I filled the reservoir up every 3-4 weeks. In fact, the steering was one of my favorite parts of the car because it loaded up nicely and provided great feedback through the wheel.

Tires and Wheels
        Some E28s came from the factory with the TRX wheel and tire package. Looking similar to the US sized BMW Bottlecaps, TRX's used a metric sized wheel and tire. This ensured, terribly, that it was very pricey and difficult to find replacement wheels and tires. Speaking of replacements, the rear tires on my car are completely bald and are even showing cord in some places. The front tires are not much better being very dry rotted and fairly low on tread as well.

Interior and Exterior
        The interior of this car is a place where it shines. This car was built as a Diamantschwarz Metallic colored car with a black comfort seat interior. Interior wise, this car is in immaculate condition save for the left passenger door seal and heating system. The left passenger door seal leaks, allow water to moisten the left passenger carpet area. After noticing this, I nervously checked for rust under the carpet and rear seats. Although there is admittedly some surface rust, none of it is in jeopardy of rusting through the floorboards. Pictured is a photo of the rear seat removed while I was checking for rust. I recently replaced the trunk seal to stop the leaking of water into the trunk. Dash is relatively crack free. All windows function except for the left passenger window. This car does have a full OEM trunk tool kit, which is fairly rare on used E28s. The heating and A/C systems do not function. I purchased the car like that and honestly have no idea what is wrong with it. I had an Alpine head unit installed by Mobile West in November of 2016 and they replaced the old amplifier as well.
        The exterior has been left 100% stock. All headlights work and both tail lights should too, seeing as the trunk gasket has been replaced. Pictured are two scratches on the left, front fender which were already on the car when I purchased it. This car has a clean title and has not been in any accidents.

Parts that will come with the purchase of this car
        Bosch SR442X replacement Starter Motor
        3 Bosch Drive Belts for each respective drive belt size
        Victor Reinz Valve Cover Gasket
        OEM Coolant Hose
        OEM Power Steering Hoses, two different sizes
        WIX Oil Filter
        Bosch WR9LS- Spark Plug Set
        Haynes and Bentley 5 Series Repair Manual

I have set the price at $1500 and I am very firm on this price. I feel this price is fair because of the $500 box of parts as well as the fact that as sits an M30, 5 speed E28 is worth $1000 for the classic car persona which the car holds as well as the fact that with time and expertise, it could run well. I hate to be the craigslist seller who has to say that they are "firm" on price but I realize I am selling a non-running car and I want to be clear about what I want from this transaction :).

The only trades I would except would be some sort of starter bike with a possibility of cash on my side depending on the bike: Ninja/CBR 250, Suzuki GS500/SV650, Dual Sports, or Cafe Bikes. If you have any questions about the car or when you can see it, feel free to text me and ask at show contact info ! I'm fairly flexible and can meet after school or on weekends.
        For the price thats not too bad. I will say I hate when people cant even clean a car up a bit for pics. I think what drives me crazy the most is the crooked front plate, its like say Im not trying at all.
        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Is this a good deal? I need a front bumper. Messaged the seller and this is the same color as my car...just seems high to me.
          https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-3-Serie...IAAOSw~QRZ91ro
          Last edited by TeXJ; 11-16-2017, 08:50 AM.
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

1991 325ix AWD e30 Feeler - $6500 (Lake Forest)

I'm testing waters for my manual 1991 325ix e30.
            This car is running great, the previous owner is a good friend of mine and took very great care of the car. He drove it to Utah and back, and I've been driving all the time with no problems. This is good for off-roading, rallying, or just all around handling.
            I'm selling it because I have my e36 racecar that I would like to finish my building.

Pros: mostly stock and can easily be reverted to stock for a enthusiast or collector.
            Clean title
            5 speed
            Runs perfect, no mechanical issues at all Bilstein Toyota Tacoma rear shocks with e36 springs
            1 inch lift spacers in rear
            Will come with a metal bumper with skid plate and light pods
            Long tube headers
            Yakima towers with custom made wood rack and hella light pods
            1 of 4 Crimson red interior in great shape
            New speakers all around

Cons: 260k miles
            Steering wheel shakes a little at 70mph, probably FCAB
            small crack in windshield

I'm really just testing waters here, I'm looking to sell for $6500 obo or trade. Possible trades for other BMWs or other fun cars/trucks. I.e.: e36, e34, e46, 2002, e90, e92, Datsun 240z, 260z, 280z, 520, 720, Nissan 240z, 240, 240sx, Mazda rx7, Jeep, etc

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
              Is this a good deal? I need a front bumper. Messaged the seller and this is the same color as my car...just seems high to me.
              It IS high, but if the color is the same and the plastic isnt cracked it might be worth offering ~$300-350 or maybe $400 shipped
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Thanks, Yeah I was thinking of doing the $400 shipped.
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd

Comment

Received a message back from the guy,
                  "Must be firm at $400 + shipping for this item."

Guess he wants it more than me...
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd

Comment

tell him to suck it and find one elsewhere. they are not uncommon. plastic bumpers are worth about 200 bucks or so
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                      tell him to suck it and find one elsewhere. they are not uncommon. plastic bumpers are worth about 200 bucks or so
                      I'd say $200 for front and rear with the support bar and signal lights. But maybe I'm out of touch.
                      sigpic
                      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Thanks guys! Yeah I'm passing.
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd

Comment

Scam? I sense this one is being sold by a Nigerian prince.

1988 Porsche 911 Convertible $14,000

West Coast Classics are proud to present an absolutely stunning and exceptional example of this rare 1988 911 Carrera 3.2L Cabriolet with the desirable G50 (the new improved transmission for 1987 from the previous years models 915 transmission) 5 speed manual transmission which has been repainted once in it's original factory Black color paint with matching Black leather seats, a recent new factory Black German canvas power top, shorter gear shift lever, original and very desirable factory ordered option 'Porsche' Fuchs Black light forged alloy highly striking wheels, leather covered sport steering wheel with elevated hub, factory tonneau cover and full weather tonneau cover, driver & passenger comfort seats, an after market CD player, air conditioning, central locking system, automatic speed control and with a very low original 88K miles!Purchased by original southern California owner on 3/18/1988 in West Los Angeles, California and originally primarily serviced at the 'Steve Taub' Porsche dealership of Santa Monica, CA and to be sold with it's original dealer handbooks, manuals, dealer stamped maintenance booklet and factory tools.Obviously always garaged with no rust or accident history and with only 88K original miles with a clean CARFAX report as confirmation! Both the car's paint and leather interior are in absolutely outstanding condition in this most beautiful striking factory 'Triple Black' color combination! This car truly has to be seen to be fully appreciated. The original leather seats have not been redyed and are in quite incredible condition for their age and there are no cracks in the dashboard.The car has it's original 3.2L 6 cylinder renown 'bullet proof' engine with only 88K original miles! The car also obviously boasts the desirable G50 5 speed manual transmission which shifts smoothly and effortlessly through the gears with none of the typical synchro problems common in the early model years and this car has the optional factory short shifter!Overall an extremely fine and very rare example of this very desirable and collectible classic Porsche - the 911 Carrera 3.2L G50 Cabriolet in 'Triple Black' - increasingly hard to find in such unabused condition or in such a classic head-turning color combination! Great car for the Porsche enthusiast or simply any classic sports car collector!These rare models have seen prices increasing rapidly of late as this is one of the last of the highly desirable air cooled engine 911's, with the G50 5 speed manual transmission for the ultimate exhilarating Porsche driving experience!

Comment

since its on philly craigs but the ad says west coast classics, i would indeed have to say its a scam. some nigerian tool probably copied this cheeseball ad off the internet somewhere. i bet if you google west coast classics, you will find the real ad.

there's no way some african came up with this on their own.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

There is also a palm tree in one of the pictures. Subtle indications of it actually being california...
                              sigpic
                              1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                              1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                              1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

"flagged for removal"
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X