Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what happens when you let the help list your shit.
    M119 M42 M62 S52 S62

Comment

350e haha

Must be someone from on here

Comment

Yeah, those rear seats looked mint.

Comment

at least the purple is a fine match for the red exterior. ;D
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Gimme a break, an L69?! Why on earth would someone put that iron headed turd of an engine in anything other than a scrap pile or a museum? A '90s Vortec truck engine is a better choice. Before the cars became collectible people with L69 powered turd gens would ditch that engine for just about anything else with 8 cylinders, and this guy has gone and spent a ton of money on rebuilding one and put it in an E30 250hp max by the sound of it and 550lbs+ of cast iron over the front axle, plus ~150lbs for the TH350 :loco:

I'm sure it burns rubber well with those skinny tires and the weight distribution of a pickup truck, but don't go taking turns like it's a BMW

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

No affiliation, but this car seems like a nice car for the price: 1989 325i (basically turned into an IS). $5K obo, for sale in LA.

Comment

Originally posted by ndelage View Post
                No affiliation, but this car seems like a nice car for the price: 1989 325i (basically turned into an IS). $5K obo, for sale in LA.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...451738098.html
                I'm a fan of those doorcards. Think I might try doing something like that with mine ;D

Comment

Originally posted by ATL_E30 View Post
                  I'm a fan of those doorcards. Think I might try doing something like that with mine ;D

you mean standard vinyl tan cards with black handles and pockets? i guess you can just go buy a spray can of dye and go to town.

that car scares me a little. it has that latent (as in obvious) "owned by a teenager" look to it.
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Not a bad price, can probably get it in low 4s. However, the boy racer aspect kinda scares me.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                      you mean standard vinyl tan cards with black handles and pockets? i guess you can just go buy a spray can of dye and go to town.

that car scares me a little. it has that latent (as in obvious) "owned by a teenager" look to it.
                      That is exactly what I mean.

Comment

12k+ for an auto vert.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo30V View Post
                          Not a bad price, can probably get it in low 4s. However, the boy racer aspect kinda scares me.
                          They added a 4.27 LSD!... likely a small case also which is not correct and makes me wonder what else they have done.

looks like the pass seat has seams splitting, Im sure theres a lot of other small items. but still, for something in the 4s... its not bad starting point
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            They added a 4.27 LSD!... likely a small case also which is not correct and makes me wonder what else they have done.

looks like the pass seat has seams splitting, Im sure theres a lot of other small items. but still, for something in the 4s... its not bad starting point
                            Most likely a Torsen diff from a z3. I had a 4.27 in my black auto vert. It was quite a bit of fun for being in an auto car.
                            sigpic
                            Gun control means using both hands
                            Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

manual m42 cabbies had that ratio as well. it would be a small case if thats the case.
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                looks like the pass seat has seams splitting
                                Nice catch. If there's one thing I'm learning with my vert, (good) upholstery can get real expensive. This looks like it might just be an inexpensive fix, but it's something to look out for.

Comment

Working...
                                X