Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    the price hovered right under a hundred k new.
    It's surprising so many of them sold, given the price. Not exactly impressive from a performance standpoint for $100,000, even by early 90s standards.

Can't have felt good to buy a $100,000 V12 spaceship in '94 only to find out you'd get left behind by a lowly '94 Camaro Z28 if you faced one at a stop light or drag strip.
    Last edited by varg; 10-09-2018, 05:46 PM.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 1-26

Comment

Dat Yaris!
      Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
      1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
      Palm Beach County

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
        Oh lawdy!

Toyota Yaris - $10000 (Kissimmee)

Toyota Yaris 2007 Suspencion hidráulica con arros 22" completamente hecha para auto show tiene Custome en las puertas y baúl las imágenes lo dicen todo mucho dinero invertido
        Lil Bow Wow's other ride from Toyko Drift!?!

:(
        90 Bronzit 325is
        16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Bam, $600 E30.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...720288460.html

5 speed manual transmission, runs well. Call for more information. two zero two-836-2699

Comment

Poor 318is... why would someone do such a thing

91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
            Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
            E30 can make you, E30 can break you
            "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
              Provided the engine isn't cooked, I'd buy it. Probably rusted beyond saving for a nice street car but looks like a great start to a track car project.

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
              Poor 318is... why would someone do such a thing

https://www.copart.com/lot/47092418
              I'm guessing a drift bro had something to do with this.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              - updated 1-26

Comment

Why the $10k discount? For the odometer & paint? Looks like a decent deal in today's market. Might be some rust hiding since NJ car.

1988 BMW M3 E30 - $37500 (Madison wi)

1988 Bmw M3
                fuel: gas
                odometer: 152000
                title status: clean
                Clean Carfax
                transmission: manual
                I'm putting my BMW M3 E30 up for sale because I have my eye on something else. This car runs and drives great. It has the original S14 motor and five speed transmission. When I bought the car needed some love. I recently put I knew rear Diff,brakes, Borla exhaust system, ST sway bars and bushings, Shocks, clean and detail the underbody. Refurbished Cardinal red interior. The car came original for New Jersey. Only some body work is needed to have this car completely finished. There is some paint fade and minor dents. I was going to finish it this winter but found another car I'm very interested in so unfortunately this one has to leave. I don't have a lot of service records only the stuff I recently have done. But all around it's a great car and a great investment for somebody these are very highly collectible cars.
                R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Alright, who's is this?

The seller of today’s Nice Price or Crack Pipe 325iX calls it a Winter Beast and says it’s ready for whatever Santa Season has to offer. Let’s see if its price really makes it more accurately a winner beast.

kakawwww!!!!! hear that ladies and gentlemen? that's the call of the winter birds circling... call Jon snow cause winter is upon us. he who wishes to brave the winter needeth a trusty steed to ride into battles of fierce pow shredding. look no further, this Deutschland pure bred battle monster is ready for action. the rare and wonderful AWD 4 door e30 has fresh battle armor, the entire car including the wheel wells, floor pans, frame rails and battery box have all been cleaned and rhino lined. this car not only looks badass but is rust free and care free for winter driving. you wanna go get a slurpy with your main squeeze when it's 12 degrees and the salt trucks are running?! forget about it guy! you're good. load that little hotty in this battle wagon and rip through the snow with your fresh nitto sn2 snow tires. you could probably drive this car through a house and come out unscathed. these things are tough enough to find in good shape and I didn't want it to die whether in my possession or in 20 years so I took action. transmission and clutch operate smoothly, tons of recent maintenance on the m20b25, Miller MAF conversion, bigger injectors, cam, and POSSIBLY a 2.7L bottom for a stroker. haven't measured the stroke but this car pulls far too hard for a stock m20. needs a few tidbits here and there but overall an extremely badass winter e30. can't beat 5 speeds 4 doors and AWD. the German STI! looking for $4800, she's a fantastic car at that price. straight rust free and bulletproof e30.
                  Last edited by zwill23; 10-11-2018, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
                    Alright, who's is this?

The seller of today’s Nice Price or Crack Pipe 325iX calls it a Winter Beast and says it’s ready for whatever Santa Season has to offer. Let’s see if its price really makes it more accurately a winner beast.

kakawwww!!!!! hear that ladies and gentlemen? that's the call of the winter birds circling... call Jon snow cause winter is upon us. he who wishes to brave the winter needeth a trusty steed to ride into battles of fierce pow shredding. look no further, this Deutschland pure bred battle monster is ready for action. the rare and wonderful AWD 4 door e30 has fresh battle armor, the entire car including the wheel wells, floor pans, frame rails and battery box have all been cleaned and rhino lined. this car not only looks badass but is rust free and care free for winter driving. you wanna go get a slurpy with your main squeeze when it's 12 degrees and the salt trucks are running?! forget about it guy! you're good. load that little hotty in this battle wagon and rip through the snow with your fresh nitto sn2 snow tires. you could probably drive this car through a house and come out unscathed. these things are tough enough to find in good shape and I didn't want it to die whether in my possession or in 20 years so I took action. transmission and clutch operate smoothly, tons of recent maintenance on the m20b25, Miller MAF conversion, bigger injectors, cam, and POSSIBLY a 2.7L bottom for a stroker. haven't measured the stroke but this car pulls far too hard for a stock m20. needs a few tidbits here and there but overall an extremely badass winter e30. can't beat 5 speeds 4 doors and AWD. the German STI! looking for $4800, she's a fantastic car at that price. straight rust free and bulletproof e30.
                    If the rhino linner wasn't the ugliest thing in the world I'd buy it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
                      Alright, who's is this?

Yeah, I voted CP on that one. The rhino paint is hiding tons of ugly metal damage, no doubt.

Sent from my smart phone using Tapatalk
                      R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                      └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                        It's surprising so many of them sold, given the price. Not exactly impressive from a performance standpoint for $100,000, even by early 90s standards.

Can't have felt good to buy a $100,000 V12 spaceship in '94 only to find out you'd get left behind by a lowly '94 Camaro Z28 if you faced one at a stop light or drag strip.

If there was a car BMW built for its home market the e31 is it. Put anything built in Burgerland in the same year on an Autobahn against an e31 and it wouldn't even be a contest. A couple miles down the Autobahn and that z28 would have been a speck in the rearview mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by Torston View Post
                          If there was a car BMW built for its home market the e31 is it. Put anything built in Burgerland in the same year on an Autobahn against an e31 and it wouldn't even be a contest. A couple miles down the Autobahn and that z28 would have been a speck in the rearview mirror.
                          Pretty sure a Viper would leave any stock E31 in the dust, not instantly, but decidedly. After all, I don't think anyone would seriously argue that the E31 is a sports car.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                            Pretty sure a Viper would leave any stock E31 in the dust, not instantly, but decidedly. After all, I don't think anyone would seriously argue that the E31 is a sports car.

Not saying its a sports car, and yes it would walk away from a Viper on the Autobahn. It would take a couple more miles than the z28 though, if you didn't put it in the guard rail first.

Comment

Originally posted by Torston View Post
                              Building a car that's only really any good for using a limited set of roads in one country is pretty dumb No mass appeal to that. I can almost guarantee it would've been far more successful if they had trimmed a little fat and worked on the acceleration and cornering. Compare it to an equivalently priced Porsche from the same era, and it gets dusted in acceleration, corners and your precious autobahn. Plus, you're missing the point. Saying you're going to leave a Z28 behind in a top speed run doesn't impress a soul when the car costs 4x as much, but getting beat or even kept up with from a stop light or in the 1/4mi is pretty embarrassing. It's like when I pulled with an E92 M3, I can say that my cheap turbo E30 kept up with a V8 M3, but who is going to care if you beat a faded E30 in your M3?

Anyway, bragging about the 850csi being faster on an autobahn than a Z28 camaro is empty praise for an underperforming BMW. We like our cars like we like our burgers; good value for your money. When you can't keep up with a pile of low quality GM parts in a $100,000 car without a straight that's miles long, nobody is impressed.
                              Last edited by varg; 10-14-2018, 10:38 AM.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              - updated 1-26

Comment

I think the stability of a E31 at 150mph is what sets it apart from the Z28, the Viper and even a 911.

GT cars are built for different purposes than all of the others mentioned

Whos drag racing a E31? lol
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X