Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made in into Jalopnik's Nice-Price-or-Crack-Pipe feature:
    If you don’t have anything to do today, you can take a look at the build the seller of today’s Nice Price or Crack Pipe Bimmer undertook. You’ll have to decide if a better use of your time might be just buying it.

FWIW, I think the readers are on crack.

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
    Feeling like a lot of people are going to call Crack Pipe on me at $12K - which I feel is the ceiling for this car..

CL listing link

I'm the second owner of ~15 years. ~$16K+ invested for sake of health and optimum maintenance condition. ALL wear-items replaced. Drives like a dream and better-than-new ! Magical. Very fun. ~30mpg. Great daily.

NEW: Dunlop Tires, Optima Red-top Battery, Filters (fule/oil/air), Oil, Spark plugs, wiper blades, etc.

Suspension and drive-train fully refurbished.
    Limited Slip Differential. SuperSprint Exhaust system. Full UUC Short-throw shift hardware.
    Refurbished +1 size European-spec BBS Basketweave wheels. Very proper to the car.
    Racing Dynamics side skirts.
    Lowering springs w/ Bilstein sport shocks. (original springs included)
    Sound system with Polk-Audio front components, 10" Boston Acoustics sub, and Kenwood amplification.
    MOMO steering wheel (rare). (original airbag wheel included). MOMO pedals. MOMO floor mats.
    The main dash/console panel is specific to a 1984-only, German-super-base 316i model, that does not incorporate a clock or "computer" .. (it's more-symmetrical and de-cluttered which is why I was attracted to it as a very specific part..) Original console panel included.
    Coil-On-Plug conversion performed with new, OE-appropriate German Bremi coil packs.
    Updated/superseded oil pump components, profile gasket, timing chain guides, timing chain tensioner, etc. parts installed.
    Steering rack upgraded to a tighter-ratio e36 rack. Poly steering coupling. Welded-in/reinforced/powder-coated front subframe.. with new engine and transmission mounts. Very smooth with intuition-like steering and handling.
    Rear sway bar updated to thicker e30/M3/convertible version.
    OMG this car handles well !
    Marc-D performance chip.
    George Graves interior dimmer switch.
    Sport seats/interior in great condition. All bolsters good/solid.
    Map-light mirror upgrade.
    Leather parking brake boot.
    One year only car: Last-ish year of e30 run, with a 16-valve, 4 cylinder engine featuring: timing chain and header-style exhaust manifold from factory.
    Fun fact: this 318is is equipped with a functioning cruise control system installed by myself using parts from other BMW cars. Cruise control was not an option on this model car from the factory.
    Clean Carfax.. Clean title.
    Rust free. Not driven winters. Lovingly cared-for..

R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
    └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Its got blast pipes yall! It could still be saved, maybe not for the price though.

Hello, up for sale or trade is my clean 1987 BMW 325is e30. Not in any rush to get rid of just seeing what's out there. This car runs excellent with no mechanical issues whatsoever. No pops, grinds, leaks, smokes, overheating....Salvage because previous owner was backed into from the rear valence very lightly and collected the insurance money. Did not affect any of the car or no frame damage whatsoever. Interior and exterior are in excellent condition. Well taken care of car especially for the year. Gets tons of stares everywhere she goes. Currently a daily driver and super fun to drive. Please serious people only.

-tags up to date
      -AC blows cold (rare for the car)
      -only 141,000 original miles (odometer works which is also rare for this car)
      -blast pipes
      -Fortune auto MSC-1 Way Coilovers with 24 steps of rebound adjustment (1900 dollar suspension)
      -short shifter with m series knob
      -headers
      -hid headlights with halos
      -underglow with color change remote
      -camber plates
      -e46 control arms
      -drilled and slotted rotors
      -skid plate underneath oil pan
      -full tune up including new water pump, thermostat, timing belt, and hoses done at 140k
      -Limo tint windows
      -side windows pop out
      -sunroof opens and closes
      -interior under glow
      -Paint is original just recleared looks great
      -17x8 MB Battle front rims with 2 weeks new Hankook tires and 17x8 Rota rims in the rear with also around 90% tire tread
      -Nardi steering wheel with MOMO hub
      -Aftermarket tail lights
      -Interior and exterior are very clean

It's getting harder and harder to find these cars in good shape all around with everything fully function and working like mine.

Comment

Kill it with fire.
        Steve • Toronto
        1991 318is • Brillantrot
        Build Thread

Comment

I know it's not Craigslist, but is this a real mtech2 car? Did tourings come with mtech2? If so whould this car have the drive select auto trans?. Pretty gooddeal at 11k imported to Long Beach.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
          Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
          E30 can make you, E30 can break you
          "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
            I know it's not Craigslist, but is this a real mtech2 car? Did tourings come with mtech2? If so whould this car have the drive select auto trans?. Pretty gooddeal at 11k imported to Long Beach.

- almost certainly
            - if ordered with it, yes
            - if ordered with it, yes
            - yes
            cars beep boop

Comment

getting it registered is going to be a different adventure, but 11k landed is *not bad*. that touring tech 2 bootlid spoiler is a unicorn item.
              cars beep boop

Comment

I'd say sub 8k is a reasonable, but not great, landed cost for a sort of B grade or less touring. 11k is already registered in the US sort of territory (CA excluded) with basic maintenance done.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                  I'd say sub 8k is a reasonable, but not great, landed cost for a sort of B grade or less touring. 11k is already registered in the US sort of territory (CA excluded) with basic maintenance done.
                  In Cali a non mtech2 touring is 10-15k money on any shape. If I could negotiate down(unlikely) but possibly the car has been listed for a while and I doubt the big box car dealership knows the value of a mtech2 touring. Also I have residence in Arizona alot easier to register it here I believe.

91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                  Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                  E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                  "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by TheRob View Post
                    I dunno about that the suspension looks broken to me.

IG @turbovarg
                    '91 318is, M20 turbo
                    [CoTM: 4-18]
                    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                    - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post

I see irony in the fact that this car is listed on Japanese car trade.
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                        I see irony in the fact that this car is listed on Japanese car trade.
                        Someone in Germany needs to buy it and plaster JDM type stickers all over it.

Comment

Fairly nice donated 1987 325i sedan at Copart Portland, OR.

https://www.copart.com/lot/48867398
                          Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                          1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
                          Palm Beach County

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                            Made in into Jalopnik's Nice-Price-or-Crack-Pipe feature:
                            If you don’t have anything to do today, you can take a look at the build the seller of today’s Nice Price or Crack Pipe Bimmer undertook. You’ll have to decide if a better use of your time might be just buying it.

FWIW, I think the readers are on crack.
                            Yeah - I had reached out to Rob at Jalopnik and he was kind enough to do a nice wright up..

.. and thank you. :)
                            -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

$2500, 170k miles. hmm

1983 bmw 320 I bought the car from a family friend he bought it from an old neighbor who was the original owner car brought over from Germany it sat for some years our friend dropped cleaned and coated gas tanks new pump new filters cleaned lines injectors everything tuned it up changed fluids just this year new battery 4 new tires I drove the car home runs good shifts good 5 speed dash typical cracks original carpet good condition original mats good sunroof needs crank cable seats dirty but good driver seat soft some rust work and priming done on rear floors solid no signs of car ever being wrecks good shape

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                              Sounds like you need a massage.
                              Originally posted by kpeng
                              Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

pretty sure thats a 320is
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X