Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tisoc View Post
    Crazy what people try to pass off as pristine, innit?
    Makes me realize how lucky I've been on/off Craigslist over the past 20 or so months.

Worst decision is the one I am in the least for... a 1987 VW Cabriolet that is interesting, but is having fuel tank issues. Thinking I'll just replace the entire tank/sender assembly/pump, etc. and then re-evaluate. Strangely, it's the one in the collection (see sig) that the womens seem to appreciate the most.

Current Bimmers:
    1991 525i, lagungrun
    1991 318i M54B30 swapped, brilliantrot
    1991 318i S52 swapped, diamantschwarz
    1991 Bertone FreeClimber (with 2.7i M20B27 engine)
    1989 325is, bronzit
    1982 320i M50B25 swapped, alpinweiss
    1981 320i, saphirblau
    1976 2002, mintgrun

"Murderbrick" 1991 318i M54B30 swap

Comment

Originally posted by Tisoc View Post
      Crazy what people try to pass off as pristine, innit?
      Re the above:
      I have been looking at 325 convertibles in the S FL area...as far as "what people try to pass off" perhaps it's not just lying; they are blind; they think you are blind (or just stupid) or they really believe what they are saying...
      I have a friend who sometimes comes with me to look at cars, he has a "saying"...."That car should come with a big piece of cheese cause' it's a real RAT"
      Then again, you are not going to sell your car by saying it's a RAT....but it really piss me off to spend an hour driving to a car that is described as "no rust, needs nothing"...
      BMWCCA 12660

Comment

Originally posted by DOC-K View Post
        ...you are not going to sell your car by saying it's a RAT....
        Word, nobody is ever selling a bad horse.

Comment

Originally posted by DOC-K View Post
          in the S FL area...
          RIP

It took me a year to find my E30 and... well look at it. The South FL used car market is one of the worst around for various reasons you'll be familiar with if you live here.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
            RIP

It took me a year to find my E30 and... well look at it. The South FL used car market is one of the worst around for various reasons you'll be familiar with if you live here.

My search results. Kinda slim for the area's average. The white coupe seems like it may be rad, but the ad is sketch-tastic.

The vert is FREAKING RAD though. Shouldn't overlook that.

Current Bimmers:
            1991 525i, lagungrun
            1991 318i M54B30 swapped, brilliantrot
            1991 318i S52 swapped, diamantschwarz
            1991 Bertone FreeClimber (with 2.7i M20B27 engine)
            1989 325is, bronzit
            1982 320i M50B25 swapped, alpinweiss
            1981 320i, saphirblau
            1976 2002, mintgrun

"Murderbrick" 1991 318i M54B30 swap

Comment

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...813929472.html
              1984 e30 318i - $3650

I am regretfully listing my BMW e30 up for sale. It is a 1984 318i with a 5 speed manual transmission and the bulletproof and efficient m10 engine. It runs great with no issues and I drive it daily. Body is in great condition for the year with few flaws. Interior is in great condition and looks beautiful. Has been maintained its entire life, I have some records dating back to the 80s. It's originally a California car tha
              t was driven across the country by the guy I bought it from. Some of the recent work includes: steering rack, inner/outer tie rods, water pump, thermostat, radiator, radiator cap, fan clutch, valve cover gasket, spark plugs/wires, distributor cap, clutch kit, shifter bushings, transmission fluid replaced with Redline, oil changes every 3 months (changed a week ago), and possibly more I dont recall at the moment. Valves were adjusted in 02/2018, valvetrain looked clean and intact and very little adjustment was needed. Historic so cheap registration, clean title in hand

Comment

Low miles, low price. Could be a good daily driver.

1991 Mercedes 300E - $2500

1991 Mercedes Benz 300E Silver with Blue interior.. One Owner Car, Approx 53,000 Original Miles.
                Everything works, Gas Engine, Straight 6 Cylinder. Great for Benz Enthusiast or anyway who wants a solid car for highway or everyday driving. Runs awesome but hey it is a 1991. Belonged to my father who bought it New in 1991 and obviously did not drive much. Has newer front tires ,battery, brakes, exhaust and new water pump. Used it to drive to NJ Beach on some weekends mostly. Inspected. Asking 2,500.00 Firm. Cash ONLY!!! Moving to smaller house. Have to downsize.
                R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                  Low miles, low price. Could be a good daily driver.

1991 Mercedes 300E - $2500

1991 Mercedes Benz 300E Silver with Blue interior.. One Owner Car, Approx 53,000 Original Miles.
                  Everything works, Gas Engine, Straight 6 Cylinder. Great for Benz Enthusiast or anyway who wants a solid car for highway or everyday driving. Runs awesome but hey it is a 1991. Belonged to my father who bought it New in 1991 and obviously did not drive much. Has newer front tires ,battery, brakes, exhaust and new water pump. Used it to drive to NJ Beach on some weekends mostly. Inspected. Asking 2,500.00 Firm. Cash ONLY!!! Moving to smaller house. Have to downsize.
                  Damn. I'd really like to.
                  ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

If you like sleeping in the doghouse, this might be your ride. I dunno, this would kinda feel like buying used underwear.

1989 Nissan Hardbody Pickup w custom camper - $1800

Selling my baby. Ready for something a bit less of an attention grabber.
                    Want a unique and practical work/adventure vehicle? Maybe this truck is for you?

1989 Nissan Hardbody/D21 extended cab pickup, 4cylinder, 2.4 liter, 5 speed manual transmission . $1800 OR BEST OFFER.

As to be expected for a 30 year old truck it is not in pristine shape, but runs and drives ok since engine swap in May 2018. There are roughly 125,000 miles on body and I've put less than 2,000 miles on the new engine.
                    I drive it sparingly and considerately of its age. I have maintained the truck as needed so it can get me where i need to go. Including regular oil changes and fluid checks.

The Good:
                    -Its old enough to be registered a historic vehicle in almost any state which will save on inspections and insurance.
                    -In summer 2015 the slave and master cylinder and clutch were replaced. Transmission all shifts very smooth.
                    -In summer 2016 the battery, alternator and two front tires.
                    -In summer 2017 replaced brake pads, rotors and thermostat.
                    -In May of 2018 the engine blew. I found a replacement Nissan Z24 engine with less than 100,000 miles on it at a reputable junkyard and had it installed.
                    -October 2018 I replaced the two rear tires.
                    *all repairs done professionally through a local repair shop i can refer.

There are some things going on with the truck that i would say are concerns, they may or may not be important to you to fix.
                    Possible concerns:
                    - there is an exhaust leak so it runs a bit loud when accelerating.
                    - the front windshield is cracked.
                    - while most of the blinkers and lights work, the rear light covers are broken(see detail in picture) and are difficult (not impossible) to be replaced because the camper blocks access to the bolts. Recently used brake light fix red and yellow tape to cover the lights.
                    - there are some surface dents/dings and rust spots on the body (undercarriage is rust free).
                    - and since the engine was replaced the truck has not had the power that it used to. It has trouble going up steep hills. It sometimes chugs when accelerating too quickly. on the highway i max out at 60-65 in 4th gear, around 3500 rpm.

With that said it rips great around the city and on flat terrain and has still been to New York and back and Scranton and back since.

-Heat works great, AC does not.
                    -Interior is oem. With all original floor mats. Original cassette player.
                    -Original owners manual, tail gate and rear window included.
                    -4 seatbelted seats in the cab up front. 2 backseats facing inward fold out from each side wall. (see pictures)
                    -Tinted windows.

***************************About the camper:
                    In fall of 2013, after deciding aftermarket campers seemed excessive and expensive, i decided to build a small, simple camper on the back of the truck so i could comfortably sleep in it for short camping trips and annual seasonal work.
                    -It consists of 10 sheets of plywood, 20 2x4's, ice and water shield adhesive roofing, 2 hopper windows, some shelves, memory foam/full size mattress pad and some quilts.
                    -I built it with the intention to be removable but have never tried to remove it. I think a fork lift could do it without too much effort. Im guessing it weighs less than 900 lbs. (Weight capacity for the D21 is 2,000 lbs and towing capacity is 3,500 lbs.)
                    -It is fully insulated.
                    -It is still watertight.
                    -Max sleeping capacity it can fit 2 people above the cab in the bed (comfortably enough), and 2 people(uncomfortably) on the floor.
                    -Max beach trip capacity was 14 people and 2 dogs.

FAQ: Is the camper legal? --- In New Jersey, where the truck is registered, because its an attached camper no wider than the rear-view mirrors and under 2000 lbs, as far as i could tell it was legal. I get friendly waves and enthusiasm about it from just about everyone including police. Never had a legal issue, or a moving violation since building it 6 years ago.
                    Please read entirely before reaching out and please only questions from people interested in buying with cash. No scams, check, money order considered. Looking for something around $1800 or best offer.

Comment

Washington state/ 2000$ 325ix coupe manual. Blown motor. There are 300 or so manual IX coupes I. The USA. I can't buy this but someone on here has too.

It's posted to LA Craigslist but it's supposedly in Washington.

Not 100% sure if it's legit bit he provided alot of info

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                      Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                      E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                      "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

1987 bmw 535is

I guess this is mostly for parts. Pretty rough.

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                          Washington state/ 2000$ 325ix coupe manual. Blown motor. There are 300 or so manual IX coupes I. The USA. I can't buy this but someone on here has too.

It's posted to LA Craigslist but it's supposedly in Washington.

Not 100% sure if it's legit bit he provided alot of info

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          Too bad this isn't closer or I would be all over it. I have another fully rebuilt ix engine sitting in my garage.
                          How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

I'll see you Nissan hardbody with custom camper and raise you with this E30 Camper.

Euro S50 Daily Driver: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=279195

Comment

Anyone looking for a super nice e39 M5? My buddy that moved to Memphis is selling his baby....

CAPP.... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Cptcarisma View Post
                                https://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/d...804769102.html

Anyone looking for a super nice e39 M5? My buddy that moved to Memphis is selling his baby....

CAPP.... :-)
                                Someday in the not-too-distant future, we'll be dreaming of good ol' days when M5's were under $20k. Wish I had the funds for this one. Nice car man.

Comment

Working...
                                X