Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd definitely take this for $60k over that E38 bubble car for $100k. Funny quote from the dealer, "Huntley added the protective wax sprayed onto the body prior to delivery is still visible in the door jambs and the engine bay." Yeah, mine still has Cosmoline in the engine bay, too, and it's FAR from new. LOL

1986 BMW 325iX — never registered, with 315 miles — for sale at Koenigsegg dealer

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/04/14/...ered-for-sale/

https://www.supervettura.com/Car-Det...86-BMW-325iX/4

Click image for larger version  Name:	1986-bmw-325ix-510-miles-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.3 KB ID:	9917618
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1986-bmw-325ix-510-miles-18.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.6 KB ID:	9917620
    Last edited by Aleman; 04-14-2020, 01:40 PM.
    R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
    └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

“It turns almost as many heads in the showroom as a Koenigsegg“ - haha... an E30 that costs 1/10 of what this one does will do the same thing IN PUBLIC

It’s concerning that they don’t post engine bay or undercarriage pics of a car they want $60k for, even if its low miles and unregistered.

Methinks there is some unseen wear and tear in the form of dry rot in the rubber pieces... hell the tires are 34 years old. Anyone willing to pay the $60k asking price (or close) for that car best scruntinize the hell out of it for a good day or 2.
      1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
      1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Originally posted by ZeKahr View Post
        Methinks there is some unseen wear and tear in the form of dry rot in the rubber pieces... hell the tires are 34 years old. Anyone willing to pay the $60k asking price (or close) for that car best scruntinize the hell out of it for a good day or 2.
        Rubber hoses and bushings won't cost more than $1,000, they are also readily available.

Mint panels are not available.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post

The 6speed 850is are pretty rare especially in Imola. Although you are right this one is pretty beat up,it still may go high due to the car that it is.
          I wonder what that acceleration feels like up shifting into third .. probably moves about twice the distance as an 325is .. but E30 soo much better in my eyes..

Comment

Not impressive, I imagine. Acceleration was never an 850 strong suit because it is so ungodly heavy. I recall the fact that a '94 850CSi is slower down the 1/4mi than a '94 Camaro Z28. FWIW the 850is tested was 5x the price of a camaro at the time as well.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by 7800-RPM View Post

I wonder what that acceleration feels like up shifting into third .. probably moves about twice the distance as an 325is .. but E30 soo much better in my eyes..
              850i's were never really fast especially off the line. They were known for their effortlessly smooth pull, especially on the highway. At speed 60mph plus that car just pulled and pulled and pulled but it was so smooth. It was meant to cruise at high speeds and feel like you were doing 60.
              Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                Not impressive, I imagine. Acceleration was never an 850 strong suit because it is so ungodly heavy. I recall the fact that a '94 850CSi is slower down the 1/4mi than a '94 Camaro Z28. FWIW the 850is tested was 5x the price of a camaro at the time as well.
                I would still rather have an 850 over the Z28 though :)
                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Hm. Fake ad? What is your opinion? The picture and just everything makes me wonder. I had contacted them and have not heard back. It's kind of a funny ad being in all CAPS and the way it starts off.

1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Send him an email. You'll find out pretty quickly. Any wierd requests for emails outside of Craigslist are sure signs of problems.

Comment

Originally posted by twright View Post
                      Send him an email. You'll find out pretty quickly. Any wierd requests for emails outside of Craigslist are sure signs of problems.
                      I did right away, but never heard anything back. Kind of car I would want to bump into locally on the street.
                      1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

VW Mini Camaro (project car) - $3200 (Newman Lake)

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/c...111971140.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	00b0b_67lwae6vzR7_600x450.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	9921639

VW Mini Camaro Early 70's Funtastik Camaro
                        Shorted VW frame - fiberglass body in nice shape.
                        Super wide period correct ET slotted mags
                        does not run
                        rusty chassie
                        Extremely Rare!!
                        Bill of sale only - no title
                        $3,200 obo

R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                        └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

they misspelled craptastic.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
                            Rubber hoses and bushings won't cost more than $1,000, they are also readily available.

Mint panels are not available.
                            Fair enough. Personally, I have a hard time digesting the idea of paying $60k for a 30-35yo car in the same league as an E30 over little things like mint door panels. But I guess a rich guy with $60k to burn who wants a mint garden variety E30 might not mind...
                            1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
                            1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Fair enough. Personally, I have a hard time digesting the idea of paying $60k for a 30-35yo car in the same league as an E30 over little things like mint door panels. But I guess a rich guy with $60k to burn who wants a mint garden variety E30 might not mind...
                              This isn't just a "mint" car. It's a time capsule. How often in life have you wanted to go back in time? That's like the ultimate fantasy, right? Well, with this car you actually can, sort of. Maybe 20 years ago you could have built/restored an e30 with all new parts from BMW, but not any more, and even then it would have cost a fortune. Among numerous other parts, getting a brand new OEM interior just isn't going to happen today. You can try to find matching OE materials but it's just not the same. This car is like your one chance to go back 30 years and experience what a 100% brand new e30 is like. Not restored, new. And, it's not some garden variety version, it's a somewhat rare early model 325ix. Maybe not that exciting but it's still kinda special.
                              My Feedback

Comment

A full restoration in the USA or Europe will cost mad money if you can't do it yourself.

Here is an example that I found curious: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-280sel-4-5-9/
                                Somebody wanted to restore a Mercedes and has spent more than $100,000.
                                It's still not ready. And it's not even the wonderful Pagoda.

Comment

Working...
                                X