Rusty is back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Thanks for the links, it looks like its alive. It would've been 1000X cooler to see it at Laguna Seca ripping with the other Group5 cars at the Monterey Historics than parked in a hot ass parking lot.
    This is what I want to see.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Just found this, neat to see it moving for once.

Rusty Slammington is back, and screaming louder than ever at 9,000 RPM. With our friend Jared Houston on the video camera, and with Keith Ross on stills, we ...
      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Wow it actually moves? I had come to believe this thing was just a static floor ornament for stanceboys to call "dapper" in between pulls on their light up custom vape mods. Seems like a waste of good race parts though given how it is being driven.

The video is downright hard to watch, so many jump cuts and effects. It's like the guy who made it just discovered how to do a jump cut and use the effects board and he thinks it's the greatest thing in the world.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
          Wow it actually moves? I had come to believe this thing was just a static floor ornament for stanceboys to call "dapper" in between pulls on their light up custom vape mods. Seems like a waste of good race parts though given how it is being driven.

The video is downright hard to watch, so many jump cuts and effects. It's like the guy who made it just discovered how to do a jump cut and use the effects board and he thinks it's the greatest thing in the world.
          Most likely edited by someone with ADHD. I almost had a seizure while watching it.
          Having said that, they obviously put effort into the car, and the trailer it needs to get to where it's going.
          My new E34 525i Sport Limousine Blog
          http://bmw525isportlimousine.blogspot.com.es/

Comment

The funny thing is that this is as far from being a "dapper" build. Actual fabrication and thought went into it, while most dapper car "builds" are an airride set up and some wheels.

That being said, I can understand why you're upset about it.

Steve • Toronto
            1991 318is • Brillantrot
            Build Thread

Comment

^Funny how fanboys always accuse people who don't like their garbage of being "upset" or "mad"

This thing is the most overrated custom car of all time. Two years ago we saw an extreme rebuild of a questionable hyped up stancebox into something that at the very least looked like it had the potential to be interesting and a fast and well built car, but here we are today watching a video edited by a person who appears to have malicious intent towards viewers of this "race prepped" car driving around a bay for some glamour shots. Sure some huge amount of work went into the car, but at this point it has been nothing more than an ornament for stanceboys to call people "haters" over despite much hype over its performance potential and a slew of shiny race parts. I'll revise my opinion of it upwards if it ever does anything interesting such as actually being fast on a track, but for now the stancefans will just have to accept the fact that someone doesn't have to be "upset" "mad" or a "hater" to dislike their silly and barely functional cars.
              Last edited by varg; 12-26-2017, 05:51 PM.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              - updated 3-17

Comment

So many jump cuts.

Sounds good though.
                AWD > RWD

Comment

Legitimate question here for you Varg - how you do feel about their parts car build? Its not as extreme as Rusty turned out to be, was mainly built to be functional and actually sees consistent track time.

Not a fan boy here at all, just curious why the dislike for a car when someone tried to do something different with their build. A lot of people are screaming for "new builds! originality! personality!" when it comes to project cars but once someone does that it turns into "ugh I don't like the outcome, so its it bad".
                  Steve • Toronto
                  1991 318is • Brillantrot
                  Build Thread

Comment

Rusty is back...

^Funny how fanboys always accuse people who don't like their garbage of being "upset" or "mad"

This thing is the most overrated custom car of all time. Two years ago we saw an extreme rebuild of a questionable hyped up stancebox into something that at the very least looked like it had the potential to be interesting and a fast and well built car, but here we are today watching a video edited by a person who appears to have malicious intent towards viewers of this "race prepped" car driving around a bay for some glamour shots. Sure some huge amount of work went into the car, but at this point it has been nothing more than an ornament for stanceboys to call people "haters" over despite much hype over its performance potential and a slew of shiny race parts. I'll revise my opinion of it upwards if it ever does anything interesting such as actually being fast on a track, but for now the stancefans will just have to accept the fact that someone doesn't have to be "upset" "mad" or a "hater" to dislike their silly and barely functional cars.

If you actually took the time to talk to mike he has driven and tracked it but he prefers the other e28 he just got done building. He tracks that one all the time.
                    Im also not sure if he has a trailer and haul vehicle. The other e28 can be driven to and from the track. Rusty cannot. He told me he had the car idling in the parking lot and a cop actually stopped in and said if i see that on the road I’m taking it.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                      Legitimate question here for you Varg - how you do feel about their parts car build? Its not as extreme as Rusty turned out to be, was mainly built to be functional and actually sees consistent track time.
                      Obviously I like functional stuff. Can't tell much from the pictures but it looks like something I can get behind.

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                      Not a fan boy here at all, just curious why the dislike for a car when someone tried to do something different with their build. A lot of people are screaming for "new builds! originality! personality!" when it comes to project cars but once someone does that it turns into "ugh I don't like the outcome, so its it bad".
                      It's just my opinion, you don't need to understand it or agree with it. Originality and personality can be done without ruining a car's driving dynamics for a trite look (muh low) or intentionally rusting it. Purposefully making a car look bad or worn out is lame. A true honest rat rod or a junkyard save like a roadkill car is interesting because its wear is natural decay and it hints at the car's story and past. There's something genuine about it, in that case the car is a survivor, trying to mimic that aesthetic by weathering and rusting artificially is unoriginal and false. You can even see my remark to this effect in the beginnings of this thread - I quipped at the irony that the look of the car went from fake ratlook to honest now that he rebuilt the burnt shell. Everything after that fire is saving an otherwise trashed car so the initial news of it was positive to me, but the car got so much hype and so much fanboy dickriding only to turn out to be the ornamental subject of a nearly unwatchable video which uses so much jump-cutting and so many effects in an effortful attempt to be edgy and cool. It all reeks of falsehood and like-chasing, I mean come on the guy who made it saying stuff like "we turned the BMW game upside down" when he first rusted the car years ago is just laughable. No dude, you just pissed off tight assed purists and turned a repairable and actually fairly nice car into rust and shiny wheels, not impressed. Then it got burned down and you chopped it up and made something I actually thought was pretty cool, until it turned out to be what I've seen here after getting hyped up to a huge degree over its dry sump system, "500hp" race engine and fancy suspension.

A car's customization is a subjective reflection of what the owner wants, and any time a negative opinion of something like this hypemachine comes up the fanboys can't just let it be and accept that not everyone is going to smash that like button and retweet. This isn't grade school and teacher isn't going to step in and stop the mean people who don't agree with you and praise you. I can't abide the part of the hobby that endlessly chases a silly exaggerated look at the expense of the function and performance of the car whether they be ricers, stanceboys, donk drivers or brotruck douchebags. They all have the same goals and say the same sort of stuff. I'm on the other end of the spectrum. If people don't like my car and people don't look at it and hype I'm good with that, I build for personal enjoyment and performance, I put a build thread out to share with like minded people but I don't care about getting hype, likes, retweets, views, whatever. I'm not going to try to convince people to like my stuff or call them haters - I like what I like and I'm not chasing approval. I've been on the internet a long time, I'm just tired of attention whoring and hype.
                      Last edited by varg; 12-26-2017, 08:29 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                      '91 318is, M20 turbo
                      - updated 3-17

Comment

I get the feeling Rusty was more of a build for the fun of the build, not so much a usable finished product. I prefer functional stuff, and it would be cool if Mike would make it a little less race car and a little more street car so he could actually drive it (I get the feeling this is something he may do in the future based on a few comments he's made), but if not, whatever, still a cool build.

Comment

Obviously I like functional stuff. Can't tell much from the pictures but it looks like something I can get behind.

It's just my opinion, you don't need to understand it or agree with it. Originality and personality can be done without ruining a car's driving dynamics for a trite look (muh low) or intentionally rusting it. Purposefully making a car look bad or worn out is lame. A true honest rat rod or a junkyard save like a roadkill car is interesting because its wear is natural decay and it hints at the car's story and past. There's something genuine about it, in that case the car is a survivor, trying to mimic that aesthetic by weathering and rusting artificially is unoriginal and false. You can even see my remark to this effect in the beginnings of this thread - I quipped at the irony that the look of the car went from fake ratlook to honest now that he rebuilt the burnt shell. Everything after that fire is saving an otherwise trashed car so the initial news of it was positive to me, but the car got so much hype and so much fanboy dickriding only to turn out to be the ornamental subject of a nearly unwatchable video which uses so much jump-cutting and so many effects in an effortful attempt to be edgy and cool. It all reeks of falsehood and like-chasing, I mean come on the guy who made it saying stuff like "we turned the BMW game upside down" when he first rusted the car years ago is just laughable. No dude, you just pissed off tight assed purists and turned a repairable and actually fairly nice car into rust and shiny wheels, not impressed. Then it got burned down and you chopped it up and made something I actually thought was pretty cool, until it turned out to be what I've seen here after getting hyped up to a huge degree over its dry sump system, "500hp" race engine and fancy suspension.

A car's customization is a subjective reflection of what the owner wants, and any time a negative opinion of something like this hypemachine comes up the fanboys can't just let it be and accept that not everyone is going to smash that like button and retweet. This isn't grade school and teacher isn't going to step in and stop the mean people who don't agree with you and praise you. I can't abide the part of the hobby that endlessly chases a silly exaggerated look at the expense of the function and performance of the car whether they be ricers, stanceboys, donk drivers or brotruck douchebags. They all have the same goals and say the same sort of stuff. I'm on the other end of the spectrum. If people don't like my car and people don't look at it and hype I'm good with that, I build for personal enjoyment and performance, I put a build thread out to share with like minded people but I don't care about getting hype, likes, retweets, views, whatever. I'm not going to try to convince people to like my stuff or call them haters - I like what I like and I'm not chasing approval. I've been on the internet a long time, I'm just tired of attention whoring and hype.
                          Are you ok?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                            Are you ok?

I think someone had a rough holiday and is taking it out on the interwebs

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Nah you're just projecting and making personal digs at someone who disagrees with you. It's ok that I don't like what you like, you need to accept it. Just like I've accepted the terrible taste demonstrated in this thread.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              - updated 3-17

Comment

Here is more on the parts car build.

I've never seen a car hurt someone so emotionally before.
                                Steve • Toronto
                                1991 318is • Brillantrot
                                Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X