Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The front windshield trim strip was installed incorrectly and the front and rear door panels were mismatched which would turn me off as an investor. Simple fixes I hope gets remedied the next time. Then the other guys started linking the Jap car dealers in the auction. I'm guessing the investors bowed out of this one due to these reasons. I preferred the interior in that C2 over the early C1 coupe also.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

The door panels are correct to the car my 1984 Alpina B6 2.8 has the same cloth insert door cards on the front and vinyl rear door cards. I have also seen several other early E30 Alpinas with the same door cards. I have seen this C1 2.3 in person and it appears to have the correct Alpina pieces and stampings/ID plates.

Comment

Why on earth would Alpina mismatch the door cards?? It's bad enough they don't match the seats.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

I know it seems odd they dont match. However, it wasn't necessarily Alpina that chose the door cards it appears to be the way BMW supplied early E30 323i interiors. Look around at pics of 1984 E30 323i interiors. Alpina didn't offer a door card with the matching Alpina cloth inserts until later in production.

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
            It's bad enough they don't match the seats.
            What do you mean by that barry? Mostly, its the later cars that are on my radar. They seem to have matching seating surfaces.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
              What do you mean by that barry? Mostly, its the later cars that are on my radar. They seem to have matching seating surfaces.

Apparently this is how the early cars came from Alpina. Checker cloth front panels, vinyl rear panels and Alpina cloth seats. Nothing matches. My OCD is having a hard time believing Alpina or BMW allowed this. I've never heard of this but am now fascinated by it. To someone unfamiliar (myself included) , it looks very cobbled together and incorrect.
              Last edited by reelizmpro; 08-27-2016, 12:51 PM.

Comment

not really surprising. the price the 4 door sold at was surprising.

Comment

[IMG]
                  Apparently this is how the early cars came from Alpina. Checker cloth front panels, vinyl rear panels and Alpina cloth seats. Nothing matches. My OCD is having a hard time believing Alpina or BMW allowed this. I've never heard of this but am now fascinated by it. To someone unfamiliar (myself included) , it looks very cobbled together and incorrect.
                  The first couple Dozen Alpina E30's (C1 2.3/B6 2.8) had this combo as an option. The wide pattern on the seat was a carry over from the cloth used on the E21 Recaro's installed in the C1/B6 models they built on that platform.

The door were just standard 323i, at the time as offered by BMW.

By '85/'86 Alpina was offering the thin strip seats and door cards to match.

The mismatch might also be why several of the early Alpina E30's were ordered with just the stock BMW seats left in place (the Alpina fabric was an optional upgrade.)

Yes, it does mess with the OCD in all of us, but it's also OG. The wide stripe seat cloth with the wide stripe exterior is definitely polarizing. Personally, I kinda like it!
                  Last edited by djjerme; 08-29-2016, 06:53 AM.
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Well that was surprising. Reserve not met at 37k. Almost half the price of the C2 4 dr.
                    The bidding ended when the seller commented and said "reserve is 50k, here's my number if you want to talk about the car" and then less than a minute later deleted the comment. There were 2 serious bidders for the car at the end, maybe one of them just called the number rather than paying the 5% BAT commission?
                    No antenna? I sell plugs!

Here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...77#post4937877

Comment

BAT may have removed the comment as well.

Either way, it was interesting to see where the bidding ended up. Comparing this car to the one Mendel sold is a bit of a stretch, their car had so much wrong with it, I don't even know where to start.
                      2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Anotha Alpina C2 up on the site now!

Mmmmmmmm!
                        2016 Ford Flex

Comment

ANOTHER one?!? dayum, so much for being "hard to find"
                          :roll:

Bring a Trailer Auctions is the best place to buy and sell vintage and classic vehicles - Porsche, BMW, Land Rover, and more.
                          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I wish there were more b6's the c2 is cool but i love me an alpina m30.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Note it has a late radiator....hack job :)
                              Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                              Alice the Time Capsule
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                              87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

85 318 4door added!
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X