Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But this 325 swapped car looks immaculate. Both interior and exterior wise. The last swapped e30 looked more like a HPDE / track car... either way, will be interesting to see what this car goes for..

And also the red s50 swapped car on ebay...as that one looks super clean as well

Comment

Im not disagreeing with you, the further you deviate from stock, the smaller the group is who wants the car.

I feel bad for gluckich and his M50 4 door, because I think stock basketweaves wouldve helped the sale, though $7500 still isnt bad for a basic M50 swapped car. Silly little things make a big difference. Ive been tempted to get some euroeaves for mine, but overall Im not spending anymore money to try and get it back.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yeah. It's crazy how a stock 318is can pull in almost as much money as a 24v swapped e30... i completely understand what everyone's been telling me now.

Comment

Originally posted by s1uma1 View Post
          Yeah. It's crazy how a stock 318is can pull in almost as much money as a 24v swapped e30... i completely understand what everyone's been telling me now.
          Bah, thats BS. S52 swap it already :devil:
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Hahah.

I'm eyeing arda's e30. I want that car. But it's up on ebay... sigh...

Actually.. i want my car AND arda's...

Comment

I think the owner is on this forum. I seem to remember him complaining about the CEP m tech side skirts which is why he went with the iS ones instead. Surprised to see him sell so soon.
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Crazy these two cars were only $750 apart...you never know the crowd when auctioning

Bid for the chance to own a 64K-Mile 1991 BMW 318is Coupe at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #5,000.

Bid for the chance to own a 1989 BMW 325i 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #4,979.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
                  Crazy these two cars were only $750 apart...you never know the crowd when auctioning

Bid for the chance to own a 64K-Mile 1991 BMW 318is Coupe at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #5,000.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-325i-18/
                  Or the day really.
                  My previous build (currently E30-less)
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                    Or the day really.
                    or the time the auction ends....5pm EST on a summer Friday...

Comment

But everyone thinks the 318is is the baby M3 where the 325i is just a 325i...

Seller probably figured the sub100k car should fetch a lot more. It should've sold IMO
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        But everyone thinks the 318is is the baby M3 where the 325i is just a 325i...

Seller probably figured the sub100k car should fetch a lot more. It should've sold IMO
                        64k 318is should fetch more than $11,750

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
                          64k 318is should fetch more than $11,750
                          It should, but it didnt.
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

At least not today.

Seller says $20k. I think that is a reach.

If it were mine I would take $15k.
                            1991 318iC
                            1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              Ummmm....... WOW!

Bid for the chance to own a S52-Swapped 1985 BMW 325e 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #5,098.

Lets see how this one does... Ive been waiting for something like this
                              That appears to be a really nice car.
                              I like that a lot.
                              Slick and subtle. I'd love to see some more detailed engine compartment photos, but it looks like its been really well done.

So many swap cars seem like after the engine was physically bolted in,,, the wiring and engine bay neatness was an afterthought.
                              I always get the impression some guys just connect it where it lays and get it running, close the hood quick figuring I'll get back to that later after I do my first WOT run.

The ones where guys take the time and care to do beautiful wiring and clean installs are the ones I like a lot.
                              Jimmy P.
                              87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                              88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                              88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                              92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                              98 318Ti Morea Green
                              04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Lol. Right after that 6X,XXX mi 318is doesn't sell, a 3X,XXX mi 318is pops up... although this particular 318is is much more photogenic and no reserve!

Comment

Working...
                                X