X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agent View Post
    good info simon. Thanks!
    +1
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Most of the cars that popped up yesterday are convertibles haha

Bid for the chance to own a 1987 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #7,686.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Most of the cars that popped up yesterday are convertibles haha

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-bmw-325ic-7/
        yes i saw this yesterday, realistically this is a $4500.00 car, maybe a bump for the wheels and valve cover....prob bring $15k on BAT....
        Current Cars:
        2016 PORSCHE GT3 RS
        2017 FERRARI 488GTB
        2018 RAPTOR CREW CAB
        1991 318is SLICKTOP H&R SPRING SEMA CAR
        1991 318IS SLICKTOP STERLING SILVER
        1990 325ic BRONZIT/AUTO :)
        1989 E30 M3 (SOLD AWAITING SHIPPING)

On Order:
        2018 DODGE DEMON

Searching for:
        CLEAN E30'S
        S54 DRIVETRAIN
        E30 DASH
        E30 PARTS

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 35K-Mile 1989 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #7,691.

Any guesses for a low mile M3?
          Steve • Toronto
          1991 318is • Brillantrot
          Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
            its already at $43k, It should clear 50, maybe even hit 60 if the want is there

edit: 2 hours later and its at $51k...
            Last edited by 2mAn; 01-09-2018, 10:46 AM.
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by EyExR View Post
              It's strange, really. I mean I'm biased because I think the iX is the coolest of the pack but you have to wonder why it doesn't pull in as much coin as the others. My thinking is because most people don't want to deal with the added maintenance and cost of driving an iX, along with the fact that most are suspicious rust buckets... But I have a feeling one day the average price of a nicely taken care of iX will sky rocket.
              I agree with Varg. I know in colder climates people like the iX but for the rest of us, it just doesn't make much sense. It's not an AWD performance car nor is it a bonafide off road vehicle. It has expensive parts unique to the model, engine swaps are harder, etc. It does have a cool factor but not enough to make people drop the money that they would on a comparable iS model. The iX is overshadowed by the M3, iS and perhaps even the convertible models.
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                I agree with Varg. I know in colder climates people like the iX but for the rest of us, it just doesn't make much sense. It's not an AWD performance car nor is it a bonafide off road vehicle. It has expensive parts unique to the model, engine swaps are harder, etc. It does have a cool factor but not enough to make people drop the money that they would on a comparable iS model. The iX is overshadowed by the M3, iS and perhaps even the convertible models.
                +1

Also I think a key factor is that a "nice" iX is fkn hard to find these days which is going to drag the average down. iX's by nature were bought and used by people who had "Winters" with a capitol W. I looked around at them briefly when I was shopping for a run around car (which became my Ti) and so many of them were thrashed, even the enthusiast owned ones lived most of their active days in snow and salt. Most were just really thrashed.

I think a time capsule iX might be worth some money, but try to find one.
                Take the thrashed factor add that to the many more costly iX only parts (probably almost as many as an E30 M3), and the fact that they are kinda dogs,,, those things add up to keeping them down in value (which is a good thing for iX lovers). You don't "want" your beloved car to increase in value, trust me. These are cars, toys to be played with and driven, not retirement accounts so treasure the fact that your car is unwanted. Means a steady and non-costly supply for the iX lovers.
                Jimmy P.
                87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                98 318Ti Morea Green
                04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

although I do not really like the ix or this car, he has spent some money and he is being very risky putting it in barrett jackson with no reserve...
                  Current Cars:
                  2016 PORSCHE GT3 RS
                  2017 FERRARI 488GTB
                  2018 RAPTOR CREW CAB
                  1991 318is SLICKTOP H&R SPRING SEMA CAR
                  1991 318IS SLICKTOP STERLING SILVER
                  1990 325ic BRONZIT/AUTO :)
                  1989 E30 M3 (SOLD AWAITING SHIPPING)

On Order:
                  2018 DODGE DEMON

Searching for:
                  CLEAN E30'S
                  S54 DRIVETRAIN
                  E30 DASH
                  E30 PARTS

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60 freak View Post
                    although I do not really like the ix or this car, he has spent some money and he is being very risky putting it in barrett jackson with no reserve...
                    https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...M-COUPE-214497
                    That is super clean...really nice in the Alpine! I'd make a move if I were in the market.

Comment

i've had lots of e30's over the last 10 years. more than i can count. i am not a racer nor do i do anything crazy other than drive them. about 5 years ago, i traded my 91 ix manual coupe for the mtech II cabby you see in my signature. i have to say that for me personally, of all the e30's i have had, i liked driving the ix by far the best. yes, it feels heavier, but it also feels more planted too. i just like the way they take corners. you can feel the front end pulling the car around instead of just being pushed by the rear wheels. i also love that little whine a working transfer case makes when you make a tight turn in a parking lot.

i still have a huge stash of ix parts sitting around. i also have a running car with lots of cool aftermarket goodies. the problem is the body has a little more rust on it than i would like to start a restoration on it. i guess i am always in the market for a nice rust free ix coupe body.

i agree with above....even though these were the most expensive body style from the factory and they are one of the rarer ones, the factors holding down resale value are the sad perceptions they are too heavy, too complex, and too expensive to fix.

they are absolutely awesome in many ways though. they have attributes no other e30 can match.

the car that 0-60 posted in the barrett jackson auction seems pretty awesome but the custom touches that were done to it will hold the value down. i promise you those wheels will rub every time you hit a little bump or make a turn. whats up with the multi color interior? wouldn't you think that if you are spending this much money on a car, you could toss a couple more dollars at a set of black interior panels? these are inexpensive minor fixes for someone who is self sufficient, but probably the things that will turn off a buyer at a venue like this.

hard to say, but i am guessing 7k or less for this one.
                      Last edited by flyboyx; 01-10-2018, 07:45 AM.
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

TBH - BAT has become rather dull..

It used to be I looked forward to the daily email, but now most of the time, it goes in the trash. Oh look another E30 vert, another E30 M3, or a Porsche or a mundane something.

I've moved back to the German Cars for Sale Bloq. At least he keeps it unique.
                        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                        2016 Ford Flex
                        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Fun fact, Western United's total loss department says that the sales prices of e30s on BaT are not market value. "Since it's an auction, it only shows what someone is willing to pay, not market value".

Fuck them.
                          sigpic
                          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

"shows what someone is willing to pay, not market value"

Pretty sure that is the definition of Market Value.

mar·ket val·ue
                            ˈmärkət ˌvalyo͞o/Submit
                            noun
                            noun: market value; plural noun: market values
                            the amount for which something can be sold on a given market.
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                              "shows what someone is willing to pay, not market value"

Pretty sure that is the definition of Market Value.

mar·ket val·ue
                              ˈmärkət ˌvalyo͞o/Submit
                              noun
                              noun: market value; plural noun: market values
                              the amount for which something can be sold on a given market.
                              Dude was like talking to a brick wall. I tried explaining that, but he would just get silent or tell me I should have had an agreed value on my car. "Auction's don't set market value, 2 ads from the midwest with no pictures or information set market value."

I guess this isn't the place to rant, but I'm still burnt from yesterday. Maybe we should start a "Dealing with Insurance" thread to document market value and stuff.
                              sigpic
                              1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                              1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                              1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                                Dude was like talking to a brick wall. I tried explaining that, but he would just get silent or tell me I should have had an agreed value on my car. "Auction's don't set market value, 2 ads from the midwest with no pictures or information set market value."

I guess this isn't the place to rant, but I'm still burnt from yesterday. Maybe we should start a "Dealing with Insurance" thread to document market value and stuff.
                                he is an asshole. that is only his opinion based on the fact that his company is trying to be a cheap ass. ask to speak to his manager and then proceed to trash the shit out of him to his supervisor. as you and others have stated, market value is what someone is willing to pay. there is a way to protest insurance valuations. keep fighting until you find someone who agrees with your opinion. i would tell them that you were planning to list your e30 on bat this spring so this should be where your value lies.

if a similar house sells in your neighborhood sells for 300k, your house should be worth that number too.

cars will vary less by region because you can drive the car from where its sold to where you live. the cost of shipping anywhere in the lower 50 should be around 600.00. as a compromise, any valuation you find that isn't within say 800 miles you might agree to lower it by the cost of shipping. you can't move a house(very easily).
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                                X