Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno if its alright to do this but this 318is sold a few months ago and it's pretty similar to mine. I however don't have the paperwork from 91 and onward. Is this what made the car sell for 13k?

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1991 BMW 318is at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #9,717.
    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

1988 325is
      Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1988 BMW 325is at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #11,681.

Delia Wolfe is selling this 88 iS. Nutswingers are out in full force about how she’s saving this car yet it’s been 7 years since the timing belt was done... mmmm ok
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        1988 325is
        Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1988 BMW 325is at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #11,681.

Delia Wolfe is selling this 88 iS. Nutswingers are out in full force about how she’s saving this car yet it’s been 7 years since the timing belt was done... mmmm ok
        No idea who that is and don't really care. If you don't change the belt every five years, you are an idiot. Cheap insurance to ensure that your car will stay running. Can't understand why someone wouldn't want to change it.

"But it only has 10k miles, it's good for a long time"

Edit: why the fuck are they all obsessed with this person? I really must be missing something........
        Last edited by e30austin; 08-10-2018, 07:53 AM.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Must have a thing for red coupes! Yes I, too don't understand the obsession. This vid is all I've found:

“In my case, when I started looking for BMWs, I gravitated toward the 1991…the 1991 coupé is the last coupé they made in the E30…” says Delia Wolfe. “The 318...
          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Yah, the BAT comment section think she’s a deity or something in the Bimmer world, but I’ve never heard of her outside of BAT.

I guess she was big in the 2002 world, and then bought a 318is. Now she has an opinion in every E30 that’s for sale..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I dont want to get into the specifics of why this person is loved because I dont really know, nor do I care. But when people in the peanut gallery are praising this person and talking about this persons knowledge about E30s I question why they have ignored the #1 thing that is asked about a M20 powered E30: the timing belt.

Heres the reply I got; "@ 2mAn:

That’s a valid concern. It was mentioned to me by Bill Arnold when I brought it by his shop. And while it has been seven years, it’s been less than 20,000 miles. Bill mentioned a good rule of thumb for timing belt replacement is five years or 60,000 miles.

So, to your point, were I to keep the car, a new timing belt and water pump would be in order. If not immediately, then soon. In my thinking, that’s in about 10,000 miles.

YMMV"
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                Yah, the BAT comment section think she’s a deity or something in the Bimmer world, but I’ve never heard of her outside of BAT.

I guess she was big in the 2002 world, and then bought a 318is. Now she has an opinion in every E30 that’s for sale.
                Lol. First time I heard the name was this morning. Who gives a fuck. BAT is stupid, anyway.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                I dont want to get into the specifics of why this person is loved because I dont really know, nor do I care. But when people in the peanut gallery are praising this person and talking about this persons knowledge about E30s I question why they have ignored the #1 thing that is asked about a M20 powered E30: the timing belt.

Heres the reply I got; "@ 2mAn:

That’s a valid concern. It was mentioned to me by Bill Arnold when I brought it by his shop. And while it has been seven years, it’s been less than 20,000 miles. Bill mentioned a good rule of thumb for timing belt replacement is five years or 60,000 miles.

So, to your point, were I to keep the car, a new timing belt and water pump would be in order. If not immediately, then soon. In my thinking, that’s in about 10,000 miles.

YMMV"
                Precisely. So stupid. If they've all drank the Kool-Aid that hard, then whatever. Hope that belt breaks as soon as the new owner takes possession. Then, they will see how much the owner knows about E30s and taking care of a car. lol

Comment

Geeze. That car is so close to being a good, but it never got finished. New headlights are included, but you didn't have time to put them on before listing? You couldn't have spent $200 to get the windshield replaced or $120 to replace it yourself? Needs timing belt, missing trim on the valence, rock chips, fading clear, dented rocker panels, torn seat, broken radio, shitty shift knob, usual oil leaks, etc...

It's definitely a nice car, but it's still a ~$5k car. Maybe $4k if it wasn't a factory 'is'. Especially with no info on when all the suspension components were replaced.
                  sigpic
                  1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                  1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                  1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Passenger side subframe stub that the bumper shock mounts to, has been shoved upwards in whatever impact it was in. You can see it on the side shot from the drivers side stub looking across.

It’s a 3-4K car at best, but the hype is going to be real.

2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Passenger side subframe stub that the bumper shock mounts to, has been shoved upwards in whatever impact it was in. You can see it on the side shot from the drivers side stub looking across.

It’s a 3-4K car at best, but the hype is going to be real.

"A non-factory lip was installed and the front valance and driving lights were replaced following a collision with a deer, though the incident does not appear on the Carfax report."
                      sigpic
                      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Sounds like they slammed some Eibach springs on and didn't bother to replace the dampers too...or if they did, they didn't mention it, in their highly prestigious, thorough, for sale ad.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                          Sounds like they slammed some Eibach springs on and didn't bother to replace the dampers too...or if they did, they didn't mention it, in their highly prestigious, thorough, for sale ad.

Lol. They probably figured there was still plenty of miles left on them and will change it at the next timing belt change. [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Lol. They probably figured there was still plenty of miles left on them and will change it at the next timing belt change. [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

LOL, I wouldn't be surprised. So many people have that mindset. It kills me...

Comment

..apparently, she's a legend in the BMW world according to the BAT thread. LOL.

Legend's are born, they're earned. Like Trina.
                              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

..apparently, she's a legend in the BMW world according to the BAT thread. LOL.

Legend's are born, they're earned. Like Trina.
                                Well, she'd fit in well on r3v being as opinionated and sarcastic as she seems to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X