Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOT, but my grandpa and I watched this one thoroughly. These are such a fucking cool car. Really surprised it didn't fetch more.

Bid for the chance to own a 1950 Oldsmobile Rocket 88 Club Coupe at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #16,089.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

1991 318is
      Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1991 BMW 318is Coupe at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #16,302.

(Sorry Zeemz, didn't see you had posted it already....
      Attached Files
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Ygtbsm1969
        I had plans strip, clean, restore and make it look new. Took it to a show at the local BMW and the owner and a few of the serious collectors actually took me aside and said if I was smart do nothing but address issues and try and change as little as possible.

There are more opinions and views on classic cars from (as is) i want all the rust never paint to put it in a nitrogen bubble with 20 miles on the clock and don't touch.

I think its preference but also depends seriously on what type of vehicle it is.
        The lack of AC is also hurting the value, for some reason it's a primary turn off for people these days.

But the rust situation isn't pretty on your wagon and as with any purchase you have to overcome that initial reaction for buyers to walk at the first sign of difficulty/trouble. Having had a few tourings I wouldn't buy yours without further inspection, and peeling the carpet back in a few key areas to assess other potential hidden rust spots.

Comment

Agree RHD and no AC drag value down in US
          AC should be retrofitted. It’s involved but not hard
          I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
          DB vert plastic bumpers
          OEM Keys
          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
          91 ic Calypso 3.1
          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
          TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
          e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            for some reason it's a primary turn off for people these days.
            Because in a most of the country it's nice to have AC for at least a few months out of the year

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 1-26

Comment

Look at it another way, I had a 1984 Hartge H5S, but it was done up before Hartge got manufacturer plates, so records are spotty. Add to that, it was possibly assembled, or maybe reassembled by a shop in FL during federalization. In that case it's a Hartge car, but not really a Hartge car, which probably hurt it's value, and I suspect you are in a similar boat.

Add to that, Hartge is probably more obscure than ACS, although that's very debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                1991 318is
                Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1991 BMW 318is Coupe at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #16,302.

(Sorry Zeemz, didn't see you had posted it already....
                Thats wonderful. Add one lightweight flywheel and enjoy!
                Jimmy P.
                87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                98 318Ti Morea Green
                04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

George, you should direct your comments to the appropriate party, otherwise the edit does not make much sense to the group.

Also, r3v is bullshit, and that's why we love it. We have an obligation to give each other a hard time in the name of creating interesting reading.

Comment

George, you should direct your comments to the appropriate party, otherwise the edit does not make much sense to the group.

Also, r3v is bullshit, and that's why we love it. We have an obligation to give each other a hard time in the name of creating interesting reading.
                    I'm only here to read MrBurg's comments.
                    Steve • Toronto
                    1991 318is • Brillantrot
                    Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                      Fair enough, but he's been holding out on us the last few weeks.

Comment

QFT, if you're soft you should just share your feelings on instagram with the hashtag #FUCKR3V

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                        Fair enough, but he's been holding out on us the last few weeks.
                        He's only here for the non-sense so dont expect him out here haha
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

1990 S52 Swapped 325i
                          Bid for the chance to own a S52-Powered 1990 BMW 325is at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #16,325.
                          Attached Files
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Already at 12k!? It's confirmed...I shouldn't have sold my swapped car a few years ago.
                            Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                            COTM Aug 2019

Comment

All Ygtbsm1969 needs is 2 people who want the car bad enough and I'm sure we'll see some excitement tomorrow. I suspect the bidder pool is smaller so you don't have all the jokers bidding it up early. I really don't understand why anyone would bid early other than to build up credibility on their profile (I've done this too).
                              Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                              COTM Aug 2019

Comment

That looks like a pretty clean car.
                                I wish they would post 1/2 as many engine compartment shots and undercarriage shots as they did interior shots.

On the surface it looks really well done. Basically a stock E30 with a 24v engine which is not a bad way to go as long as its done well.

The photography is a winner on that ad.
                                Jimmy P.
                                87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                                88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                                88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                                92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                                98 318Ti Morea Green
                                04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Working...
                                X