No announcement yet.

Thoughts on the new C8 corvette?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a reminder that a Camry can cost up to $40k...for another $20K, one can buy a mid-engine Corvette. I have my doubt that you can actually find one with that price.

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
      It's definitely a Stingray, in the C7 sense, but now it's more refined, and finally something you can buy without having to fuck your sister.
      But where's the fun in that?

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
      Amen.

As bad ass as the Ford GT is, it sure sounds like uninspired garbage.
      V6s tend to have that issue.

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
        Just a reminder that a Camry can cost up to $40k...for another $20K, one can buy a mid-engine Corvette. I have my doubt that you can actually find one with that price.
        Maybe not at first, but after being on the market for a while the backlog will clear and people will be buying base models at base prices. It's always the same story.

Just think, you could have a ~400hp slushbox only Supra or a 495hp NA V8 mid engine dual clutch sports car for $60k.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
          Cars now are way too expensive, full of shit nobody really needs. The whole auto market is going to be screwed because of it (sales last quarter are already way, way down). Who can afford to buy a $40k Camry outright? Nobody. People are up to their eyeballs in debt they cannot hope to service in a strong economy, much less a weak one.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Nando, you think it's bad here, just check out what everyone's favorite group out of touch busybody bureaucrats in the EU is up to: http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-19-1793_en.htm https://ec.europa.eu/docsroom/documents/34588

Bloat, bloat, bloat, coupled with inflation, cars are definitely not going to stop getting more as a whole.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            - updated 3-17

Comment

I like it, especially sans rear spoiler. For the money it certainly steals the thunder from the 488, the R8, and the Huracan. Can't wait to see Chris Harris' review of it.
              My Feedback

Comment

Except for it being a slower Ferrari ripoff, I love the way it looks. First car GM has designed in a long time that I dont think looks like warmed over garbage.
                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I'm not seeing the "ferrari ripoff" in it that a few people have mentioned. It looks like a MR corvette, it has modern (past 3 generations) corvette styling cues. Do you just see MR car with a mix of curves and angles and without any further examination of the details or design deem it an imitation of a ferrari or something?

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  - updated 3-17

Comment

Chevy released some sound bites of the exhaust very nice.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin0163 View Post
                      I think we live in an age where people think they are cool for being negative critics. Or it shows how sophisticated their tastes are.
                      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I just watched the short clip on jay leno garage YouTube channel. Looks interesting. I dunno about that white interiour though.

Comment

The median of a house in the US is $227,700. A fourth of a mortgage for this Corvette.

Comment

A very thorough run-through of all the engineering in the C8 here -

And related to comments about manual shift linkage, I see the oil tank is on the upper front of the block, so I don't see it interfering with any linkage down below. They did set the block down very low though.

The chassis pictures are pretty interesting. The rear engine cradle surround seems like an easier-to-build version of the exotic Carrera GT enclosure - carries the drivetrain and the rear suspension loads.

Here’s what I got from an interview with a Corvette engineer and through sifting through GM’s technical literature.

Comment

Nice, now if only jalopnik wasn't such a horribly designed and generally low-quality site.

Kinda disappointed to see that the 3,366lb figure going around is a dry weight.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              - updated 3-17

Comment

Some cool photos in there. That engine is reeeeaaalllyy low.

Comment

Working...
                                X