Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the new R3VLimited Forum

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
    Still having the same log in/cookie/caching issue on the new version. When I first visit the site it shows that I am not logged in, until I click on any link (like a sub-forum), then I am logged in and my personalizations re-appear.
    I'm always logged off when I first load the site, but after login it stays during my session.

    Comment


      I have it set to save my login. It does keep me logged in except when I first come back to the site, it shows me as logged out until I click something else.

      If I try to log in when it's showing as logged out, it gives me an error.

      This started months ago with the first round of upgrades.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
        I have it set to save my login. It does keep me logged in except when I first come back to the site, it shows me as logged out until I click something else.

        If I try to log in when it's showing as logged out, it gives me an error.

        This started months ago with the first round of upgrades.
        Using the full FQDN URL and not r3vlimtied.com?

        https://www.r3vlimited.com/

        Comment


          Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post

          I'm always logged off when I first load the site, but after login it stays during my session.
          Ditto. I need to log in like 3 times before it works.
          Steve • Toronto
          1991 318is • Brillantrot
          Build Thread

          Comment


            all is functioning fine on my end. still not as quick to load before the initial update, last summer, but echoing others' sentiments, it is noticeably quicker than it was last week. thanks for all you do, james.
            Autobahn Motorsport - Portland, Oregon - BMW restoration + service
            @autobahnmotorsport - 503.206.7905
            '88 M5 | '89 330is

            "The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen." - Jim Levie

            Comment


              Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post

              Using the full FQDN URL and not r3vlimtied.com?

              https://www.r3vlimited.com/
              Looks like it was saved in my browser without the www. Maybe it's a problem with the domain records, then?

              Comment


                For those having issues with login, I have a few suggestions.
                • Clear your browser cache/history/cookies/everything.
                • If you are visiting a bookmark, make sure you have the root site/forum bookmarked (https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/index.php).
                • Is your browser up to date? What browser are you running? Do you have the same issue in a different browser?
                • What browser extensions are you running? I've seen some odd ones wreak havoc (to include the embedded browser developer tools, things like firebug, or ad blockers).
                • Perhaps reset your browser settings as you may have some strange things happening with cookies or local browser storage.
                Good luck!
                Last edited by mike.bmw; 03-31-2020, 12:45 AM.

                Comment


                  Is anyone having issues when trying to post pictures? I keep getting a message saying my file is corrupted. I've tried uploading them from my phone and computer and still get the same result. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

                  Comment


                    ^No. I've been redoing my DIY pictures recently as well as my build thread.

                    On a speed note, I haven't had any stalls loading pages yesterday after work. It feels quite snappy. Still not NEAR as fast as before the update in 2019, but this is now very usable so far!

                    Comment


                      I realized after posting that it's not a record/CNAME issue. The "https://" and/or "www." issue can be resolved easily with an HTTP redirect in the .htaccess file. Force all traffic to the "https://www." version of the site, regardless what they entered into their browser.

                      Here is an example of the code. It redirects all HTTP to HTTPS and all / to /www.

                      Code:
                      RewriteEngine on
                      
                      RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
                      RewriteRule .* https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]
                      
                      RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\. [NC]
                      RewriteRule .* https://www.%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]

                      This is just an example from a domain I manage. James Crivellone

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by GSU_ENGR View Post
                        Is anyone having issues when trying to post pictures? I keep getting a message saying my file is corrupted. I've tried uploading them from my phone and computer and still get the same result. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
                        Yes. Every time I've tried to post photos lately, from any file on my hard drive. Same message as yours.

                        Comment


                          Yep - Just tried again with three separate photos in different locations.....

                          "The file you are trying to upload is corrupted."

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                            Yep - Just tried again with three separate photos in different locations.....

                            "The file you are trying to upload is corrupted."
                            Fixed, the PHP upgrade didn't reflect the appropriate upload directory

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                              I realized after posting that it's not a record/CNAME issue. The "https://" and/or "www." issue can be resolved easily with an HTTP redirect in the .htaccess file. Force all traffic to the "https://www." version of the site, regardless what they entered into their browser.

                              Here is an example of the code. It redirects all HTTP to HTTPS and all / to /www.

                              Code:
                              RewriteEngine on
                              
                              RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
                              RewriteRule .* https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]
                              
                              RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\. [NC]
                              RewriteRule .* https://www.%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]

                              This is just an example from a domain I manage. James Crivellone
                              Thanks, we actually use IIS so its a web.config type process and already have a few in place for forced HTTPS redirect. I thought the cookie issue was fixed on the non www but apparently not so I'll get a redirect in there for it as well.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post

                                Fixed, the PHP upgrade didn't reflect the appropriate upload directory
                                Just needed MOAR TURBO!

                                Thanks!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X