Warning - Non e30 content. Remove children from the room before viewing.
Collapse
X
-
I can understand wanting a fast car.... its just so... tasteless you know? Its a fast car thats dope but wheres the soul?? -
I totally understand your mentality, not the same as mine, but I respect it. The e36 318ti was the escort of BMW btw.Leave a comment:
-
*LOL* You are the only one.... other than Dave who knows me personally.... to understand that I know what I'm in for ;)Leave a comment:
-
-
For the money I spent I'd be no where near to what I'll have with the SRT.
Lets start with 600hp e30s... how many are out there? Too hard to figure that one out.... lets drop it too 500...hell... 400.... How many 10s e30's are there? 11s? 12s? Point is, I can build this thing far beyond what I have pockets to support. Any car is the same, but not nearly as easy as the SRT.
e30's are a great car. I love em. But they don't put you in the seat like the SRT does.Leave a comment:
-
Your last picture rocks cuz that chicks boobs are just hanging out on the left. But ya neons are pretty ghey... you coulda had a pretty sweet, fast e30 for what you spent. Better luck next time sport ;)Leave a comment:
-
Oh I forgot.... No I'm not back stateside yet. And hello to all the old timers that remember me! :D
I do have an e30 waiting for me when I get back stateside. The plan is to finish off my Mtech I kit I have here and bring back a euro m30 swap to put in it. Thanks to Greg for convincing me on the m30 :DLeave a comment:
-
Where do I begin. I honestly forgot about this thread. I was drunk when I posted it. I usually am drunk when I think of R3V.... either that or money hungry.
I'd love to see any one of you guys line up to do any run against the car. Even with the stock motor still in it. I've made quite a few believers since I've owned the car. Yes I know 14.1 sucks. Thats also why I posted the trap, the 60' and the reaction time. The trap coupled with a good reaction and 60'ft would warrant a 13.3-13.5 normally. I'm shooting for mid 10's with the new setup. And before anyone asks.... yes it will be NHRA legal to include roll bars, harnesses and scatter shield.
Yes its a Neon. So what? We all drive BMW's version of the Escort. Whats the point?
A bit more info on it. The color is B5 pearl blue borrowed from the SRT8 Super Bee Charger. I'm not 100% sure on how many owners were before me but I've been the only one to do any mods to it. The 20's were for show only. They won't see track time. The "ricer" body kit is Kaminari to include the carbon wing. *LOL* I don't know when Kaminari became ricer.... Lambo doors I can understand some not liking it.
More pictures... this time of the motor awaiting install.

PTE 6262, GT3076, stock

Full billet oil accessories. I'd be able to grease a Kenworthy with this setup.

Knifed, cryo treated, WPC'd and balanced crank.

Assembled. Manley Rods, CP Pistons, Brian Crower S3 cams, valves and springs. Valves are 1mm+ on both sides. Head has a full "race" port by Performance Autowerks in Chicago. Motor is stock bore, stock stroke but is strapped to accomodate higher RPM pulls.
Believe it or not, the Evo and I are neck and neck when I don't have the 20's on. He's got me by a little on the take off, but I make it up in the top end. Autobahn pulls FTW. The rotational mass on the 20's kills all performance. The car has seen about 3000 miles since May of last year.
I don't care if you like it or not. I just posted up to stir the pot.
The one thing my "Neon" has over your BMW.... it has a boost gauge stock. *LOL*Leave a comment:
-
that's true, anyone who gets super worked up about a bunch of flaming on R3V needs to spend more time outside and off the internet. :)Leave a comment:
-
I knew it. It's interesting how so many militery people buy these cars.Leave a comment:
-
Did you have the paint job done, or did the previous owner? It's cool that it was kept a Mopar color :)
I hate Neons, but it looks like you have a clean well kept car there. Nice job!Leave a comment:
-
Wow.... yeah btw 14.1 sucks. I ran 14.1 with shit tires and super heavy wheels... and shit all throughout my car...
Neons suck. Period. Get a Honda if you want a quality FWD car.Leave a comment:
-
dude has done multiple tours in Iraq. i don't think a bunch of semi-pubescent r3v kids and their comments are really going to scare him off. :p
I think he knew what sort of response he'd get. Unlike Spastic, he refuses to get all hissy about it, though . . .Leave a comment:
-
its still a dodge.
it breaks my heart to see the owners of these cars smile with bliss as they throw away their money and time into modification of a car that will never be a real car.
oh well.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: