Warning - Non e30 content. Remove children from the room before viewing.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tehwickerman
    replied
    Neons will never be worth anything. I think it is completely pointless to put money into a car knowing you will never get it back. Give E30's another 10 years and whats left of the quality examples will be worth gold. I mean shit most of us drive the low end e30's... yours is equivalent to an m3 in neon terms. I personaly hate neons, looks like an ugly ass bug on steriods.

    Leave a comment:


  • mattdk318i
    replied
    It is.... in every way shape and form. Even in the corners. I hate to admit it, but its true. When you've spent the money I have on the car there are very few other cars that will compete with it. I still need that elusive driver mod though.
    Run that accross me again? I have a buddy with a SRT-4 and he begs me to drive my car. I wip his ass constantly and he keeps coming back for more. Until one day he thought he would beat me by turning up his boost. Towtruck FTW

    And they corner like dogturd. Yes, i have driven one. Its a joke. And when its lowered on stiff springs it feels like the welds on its shitty unibody are going to seperate

    Leave a comment:


  • ThePotsy
    replied






    I beat the ever living shit out of this car for two and a half years, no problems, bottom end on those things is pretty much bullet proof.

    People get all up in arms about the fact that it's "just a Neon with a stupid body kit and a turbo", but what's a STI or EVO? It's just a hopped up Lancer or Impreza, granted they did a bit better job on those.

    Was good fun though.

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    what the hell is up with your plates, and where do you live? ramstein?

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    I DD a neon.

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonC
    replied
    Originally posted by marakka
    No the head is completely different from the old 2.2 and 2.5 turbo I-V variants from the 80's/90's. I'd love to find a 2.5 turbo'd woody Caravan as a parts hauler though. I'd relish the day I blew the doors off a stang with a couch in the back. This motor shares no similarance to those though. The block is a regular N/A 2.4 and the same with the head. Exhaust valves are changed out along with all forged internals. Stock block with internals..... some have seen 450hp whp before they've popped.
    Yes i know they are different, but people take the DOHC neon head and put it on the old 2.2 and 2.5's. There are a few mods that have to be done to it but the DOHC head works on them. I just didn't know if this was this head or if it was the head off of a regular Neon with a DOHC or if there was any difference between the dohc engines in the Neons through out the years.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by marakka
    Dave..... you MUST show me this car. I demand it. And then take me to lunch at that place we ate at and buy me a beer to discuss the good shit ;)
    You got it. As soon as you get home, beers on me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Iain
    replied
    Originally posted by marakka
    When you've spent the money I have on the car there are very few other cars that will compete with it.
    Come to Australia. You will get hosed by countless Skylines, Commodores, Falcons, Subarus, Mitsubishis, Silvias and RX7s.

    Your father will also get beaten up by my father.

    Originally posted by marakka
    Show them to me. I've seen a handful.... and I do mean a handful. Considering the car has been around since the 80's there should be hundreds.
    There are plenty, but just because they don't hang their wang on the interwebs doesn't mean they don't exist ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • marakka
    replied
    Originally posted by sprp85
    you are talking like your neon is any better than the 20 year old 3series.
    lololol?
    It is.... in every way shape and form. Even in the corners. I hate to admit it, but its true. When you've spent the money I have on the car there are very few other cars that will compete with it. I still need that elusive driver mod though.

    Originally posted by DrMcDave
    I personally still like them. If you are going to do a high hp fwd car why get anything else. They can be fast as hell for not much money and the ACR version did a pretty damn good lap time at the ring. It was pretty close to that of the e46m3 if I recall correctly.

    Now I wouldn't buy one but I think they look cool for an american car. Way better than the stupid caliber they replaced it with.
    The ACR was a damn fine option. For $1000 you get upgraded sways, rims, 5 way adjustable struts and seats with harness slots. Fuck yeah they were awesome. Only 1000 produced in 2005. Couple that with less than 3000lbs, $22000 brand new and 230hp... WIN!

    Yes the caliber is full of fail.

    Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath
    I dunno, but my thought is that you can't really come onto an E30 forum to try to convince E30 enthusiasts that Dodge Neons are better than E30s.
    They aren't. I own an e30. I've owned many before. I'm not here to convince anyone of anything. I've been around for years and others will tell you that. This is my main car. When I get back to my e30 I'll post pictures of that.... until then.... this is what you get. And even occasionally after then...... this is what you'll get.

    Originally posted by gtdragon980
    Wow theres a lot of hate going towards this car. I don't like neons all that much, but i'm not going to flame you on it because HEY! If you like it then thats awesome! But neons can't be compared to e30's because e30's are legendary cars, neons are not...e30's may look like a brick but they definitely do not handle like one, and it is definitely not comparable escorts because escorts are shit in every aspect and would be spanked all day by e30s! In all, good job on your neon..not my taste but to each his own.
    Legendary? Mmmmm....ok.... They are well respected and can be a formidable force. I like my e30 mainly for the euro styling. To build one that is OMFGWTFBBQ fast is going to cost too much. Putting a $1000 saddle on a $50 horse doesn't make sense. With the Neon at least its a $1000 saddle on a $1000 horse.

    Originally posted by nando
    there are lots of 11-12 second E30s. mostly those crazy scandanavians (at least one in the 9's). and 600hp in an E30 would be pretty pointless anyway. :p

    14.1 isn't very fast, but I can understand why you got this car. E30s are rare in my area, nice ones are even rarer. I see Neons all the time (although less and less, they weren't exactly the highest quality machines). I also see SRTs from time to time but about as often as I see a nice E30. I can't imagine how few there are in germany..

    What I don't understand are the lambo doors and 20" wheels. :p
    Show them to me. I've seen a handful.... and I do mean a handful. Considering the car has been around since the 80's there should be hundreds. 12's and high 11's shouldn't be hard with anything m50 or larger and a turbo kit. But then again, doing a solid m50 swap and a turbo kit is a sizeable chunk of change. I bought my e30 for $1200. Putting $8000 into it to build a 11s car doesn't make sense in my head.

    There are less than 30 SRTs in Germany. Almost all are owned by Americans. I own it because I love it. I own an e30 because I love it as well. You'll see..... my e30 will turn out nasty just like my SRT. I'll keep it true to what it should be....

    Originally posted by Dave
    My mechanic buddy is building one now that will top 600 at the (very large and scary) wheels. And no, he is not running megasquirt . . . ;)
    Dave..... you MUST show me this car. I demand it. And then take me to lunch at that place we ate at and buy me a beer to discuss the good shit ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    what's he running then, SMT-6? :p

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    600hp in an E30 would be pretty pointless anyway. :p
    My mechanic buddy is building one now that will top 600 at the (very large and scary) wheels. And no, he is not running megasquirt . . . ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by marakka
    For the money I spent I'd be no where near to what I'll have with the SRT.

    Lets start with 600hp e30s... how many are out there? Too hard to figure that one out.... lets drop it too 500...hell... 400.... How many 10s e30's are there? 11s? 12s? Point is, I can build this thing far beyond what I have pockets to support. Any car is the same, but not nearly as easy as the SRT.

    e30's are a great car. I love em. But they don't put you in the seat like the SRT does.

    there are lots of 11-12 second E30s. mostly those crazy scandanavians (at least one in the 9's). and 600hp in an E30 would be pretty pointless anyway. :p

    14.1 isn't very fast, but I can understand why you got this car. E30s are rare in my area, nice ones are even rarer. I see Neons all the time (although less and less, they weren't exactly the highest quality machines). I also see SRTs from time to time but about as often as I see a nice E30. I can't imagine how few there are in germany..

    What I don't understand are the lambo doors and 20" wheels. :p

    Leave a comment:


  • gtdragon980
    replied
    Wow theres a lot of hate going towards this car. I don't like neons all that much, but i'm not going to flame you on it because HEY! If you like it then thats awesome! But neons can't be compared to e30's because e30's are legendary cars, neons are not...e30's may look like a brick but they definitely do not handle like one, and it is definitely not comparable escorts because escorts are shit in every aspect and would be spanked all day by e30s! In all, good job on your neon..not my taste but to each his own.

    Leave a comment:


  • iamsam
    replied
    I dunno, but my thought is that you can't really come onto an E30 forum to try to convince E30 enthusiasts that Dodge Neons are better than E30s.

    Leave a comment:


  • DrMcDave
    replied
    I personally still like them. If you are going to do a high hp fwd car why get anything else. They can be fast as hell for not much money and the ACR version did a pretty damn good lap time at the ring. It was pretty close to that of the e46m3 if I recall correctly.

    Now I wouldn't buy one but I think they look cool for an american car. Way better than the stupid caliber they replaced it with.

    Leave a comment:

Working...