Warning - Non e30 content. Remove children from the room before viewing.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dave
    replied
    watch it jelly bean boy, the r3v thugs will come 'n git ya . . . .

    Leave a comment:


  • marakka
    replied
    Originally posted by Bishop
    You're kinda defensive, like my friend with his SRT-4.... Last I heard he was the fastest in Colorado. Rode in that car, was meh... He couldn't get traction for shit....

    I came to the e30 from a modded STi, was also fun.... BUT, I had traction.
    You're claiming the SRT is / will be same or superior in the corners, but you haven't actually installed any of the cornering bits? What do you have?..... I am not nay-saying, but the SRT's I know, can't corner for shit... You never see them at an autox, rarely at the track, but they litter the drag strip....

    Communism worked in theory too..... applying it to actual life was a different story.

    p.s. - You can flame me back like I suspect you will, but I didn't really say anything that wasn't the truth

    I will say that they're not my taste, but they do have a large following. I never really got along with anyone from that crowd when I went to meets, BBQs, etc. with my friend, so they're different mind sets....

    Also, comparing the e30 to an SRT-4 is kinda retarted. One of the dumbest things I've heard.... Your talking about a semi-recent turbo mopar that was originally intended to go in a straight line quickly, marketed at boy racer street light to street light racers, against a 19+ yr. old BMW that was designed by engineers to be nimble in the winding roads. They definitely didn't build the fastest car, we know this, but it wasn't marketed to go fast in a straight line, and it wasn't really marketed at stop light racers...
    I'm not defensive at all. I reply in the same tone that the person replied with. I know what my car is capable of or is being built for. And I'll also have no problem admitting when I get beaten. But that won't come from 95% of the cars on this website.

    STi's are fun. I'd like to have one for a daily to tinker with. I'd take that over an Evo just for shits and giggles. I went from the e30 to the SRT. I hate to count chickens that haven't hatched since the vast majority of my suspension parts aren't installed yet. Mainly due to the new motor going in. I'm on Megan coilovers with a full prothane setup. Hotchkiss sways, Rage Tek CNC'd solid front LCA's. AGP solid motor mount and tranny mount setup. Bwoody traction bars and h-brace. I'm debating on ordering the DCR rear trailing arms. Really depends on what I want to do with wheels in the future. When the motor is put in we'll also install a full chassis brace setup. For braking I've got the Wilwood BBK up front. I'm torn on what to do in the rear as Wilwood offers the same BBK for the rear but I'm worried that it will be overkill. Most likely I'll end up changing out pads and going with some slotted rotors. Thats the only piece I haven't already purchased or made arrangements for .... rear brakes.

    You didn't flame me so why would I flame you? Perhaps you should re-read the thread and see some of the things that others who know me have said....

    I only compared the SRT to the e30 after someone else did. My point of this thread isn't to BMW bash, but instead to show off what else I have in my garage.


    Originally posted by hendrixvodu
    why is this guy on here anyway? does he have an e30? even his sig has that ugly blue jelly bean in it
    Does it matter? I've owned more e30's than you have pairs of underwear. Literally. I've even got one on a different continent. Here in a couple of weeks I'll have 1 on 2 different continents than I'm on.

    Originally posted by RainierHooker
    This indeed. 600hp is great for smoking tires and rasing eyebrows at shows. But in a practical driving environment, you have to turn right and left sometimes. You just don't need that much horsepower when you are winding through the Alps or the Cascades. In fact that much power can be a liability. I'll take my 'wimpy' e30 in the twisties over a overkill-powered FWD car any day.
    There are electronics to help "overkill" to stay at a minimum. Boost by gear is a great invention. Couple that with a dual stage boost controller and a DSP.... golden.

    Originally posted by Alkasquawlik
    God's Chariot
    Fail. Remind me to punch your mother in the mouth when I go home tonight.

    Leave a comment:


  • Alkasquawlik
    replied
    Originally posted by marakka
    And the e30 is?????
    God's Chariot

    Leave a comment:


  • RainierHooker
    replied
    Originally posted by Bishop
    Your talking about a semi-recent turbo mopar that was originally intended to go in a straight line quickly, marketed at boy racer street light to street light racers, against a 19+ yr. old BMW that was designed by engineers to be nimble in the winding roads. They definitely didn't build the fastest car, we know this, but it wasn't marketed to go fast in a straight line, and it wasn't really marketed at stop light racers...
    This indeed. 600hp is great for smoking tires and rasing eyebrows at shows. But in a practical driving environment, you have to turn right and left sometimes. You just don't need that much horsepower when you are winding through the Alps or the Cascades. In fact that much power can be a liability. I'll take my 'wimpy' e30 in the twisties over a overkill-powered FWD car any day.

    Leave a comment:


  • hendrixvodu
    replied
    why is this guy on here anyway? does he have an e30? even his sig has that ugly blue jelly bean in it

    Leave a comment:


  • hendrixvodu
    replied
    Originally posted by Mtriple
    facepalm?
    facepalm indeed

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    You're kinda defensive, like my friend with his SRT-4.... Last I heard he was the fastest in Colorado. Rode in that car, was meh... He couldn't get traction for shit....

    I came to the e30 from a modded STi, was also fun.... BUT, I had traction.
    You're claiming the SRT is / will be same or superior in the corners, but you haven't actually installed any of the cornering bits? What do you have?..... I am not nay-saying, but the SRT's I know, can't corner for shit... You never see them at an autox, rarely at the track, but they litter the drag strip....

    Communism worked in theory too..... applying it to actual life was a different story.

    p.s. - You can flame me back like I suspect you will, but I didn't really say anything that wasn't the truth

    I will say that they're not my taste, but they do have a large following. I never really got along with anyone from that crowd when I went to meets, BBQs, etc. with my friend, so they're different mind sets....

    Also, comparing the e30 to an SRT-4 is kinda retarted. One of the dumbest things I've heard.... Your talking about a semi-recent turbo mopar that was originally intended to go in a straight line quickly, marketed at boy racer street light to street light racers, against a 19+ yr. old BMW that was designed by engineers to be nimble in the winding roads. They definitely didn't build the fastest car, we know this, but it wasn't marketed to go fast in a straight line, and it wasn't really marketed at stop light racers...

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Wow, first time I've ever double-posted.... Lag FTL

    Leave a comment:


  • Mtriple
    replied
    facepalm?

    Leave a comment:


  • marakka
    replied
    Originally posted by Iain
    Come to Australia. You will get hosed by countless Skylines, Commodores, Falcons, Subarus, Mitsubishis, Silvias and RX7s.

    Your father will also get beaten up by my father.



    There are plenty, but just because they don't hang their wang on the interwebs doesn't mean they don't exist ;)
    I'll get beat by the same amount of cars in Australia as I would in the states. The only difference is I'll be able to go out and have a real Fosters afterward.

    My father made your father.

    Like I said.... I know they are out there. But with an enthusiast market behind the e30 like there is they would document most any major e30 build. Its the nature of the beast. Maybe I'll post some pictars of the redsled doing its 9.2 passes. Or eRabbit flying down the track pulling a 10.0 and then driving home.

    Originally posted by Dave
    You got it. As soon as you get home, beers on me.
    I'm holding you to that! I just signed up for the Reserves and my post will be down in FT Thomas. Thought you'd get a kick outta that. *LOL*

    Originally posted by JasonC
    Yes i know they are different, but people take the DOHC neon head and put it on the old 2.2 and 2.5's. There are a few mods that have to be done to it but the DOHC head works on them. I just didn't know if this was this head or if it was the head off of a regular Neon with a DOHC or if there was any difference between the dohc engines in the Neons through out the years.
    As far as I know its not the 2.4L head they use. It may be the 2.0 DOHC head. I could be completely wrong on this as I don't follow the older turbo mopars much. I'm a member on the site, but there's too much info for me to poke around through until I actually get one of them that I want to mod.

    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    I DD a neon.
    I'll be DD'in a e30

    Originally posted by freeride53
    what the hell is up with your plates, and where do you live? ramstein?
    Schweinfurt.

    Originally posted by ThePotsy
    I beat the ever living shit out of this car for two and a half years, no problems, bottom end on those things is pretty much bullet proof.

    People get all up in arms about the fact that it's "just a Neon with a stupid body kit and a turbo", but what's a STI or EVO? It's just a hopped up Lancer or Impreza, granted they did a bit better job on those.

    Was good fun though.
    Amen.

    Originally posted by mattdk318i
    Run that accross me again? I have a buddy with a SRT-4 and he begs me to drive my car. I wip his ass constantly and he keeps coming back for more. Until one day he thought he would beat me by turning up his boost. Towtruck FTW

    And they corner like dogturd. Yes, i have driven one. Its a joke. And when its lowered on stiff springs it feels like the welds on its shitty unibody are going to seperate
    What do I need to explain? My car isn't stock. And compared to your buddies SRT I'm sure mine will destroy it in every sense.

    You act like I've never driven an e30 before or know what they are capable of. While it takes a lot more for the SRT to come up to the e30 on a cornering level... it can be done. I've got a boatload of stuff to put on the car to make sure that a turn won't be my arch-nemesis.

    Originally posted by tehwickerman
    Neons will never be worth anything. I think it is completely pointless to put money into a car knowing you will never get it back. Give E30's another 10 years and whats left of the quality examples will be worth gold. I mean shit most of us drive the low end e30's... yours is equivalent to an m3 in neon terms. I personaly hate neons, looks like an ugly ass bug on steriods.
    Right. Go hug a tree.

    Originally posted by brandondan1
    Nice car.

    I actually think it's pretty tastefully modded, other than the wheels. Don't mind the haters here... most are just bmw snobs rather than actual car enthusiasts.
    Thank you. I know its not for everyone. But just because you drive a BMW doesn't mena your shit don't stink.

    Originally posted by Alkasquawlik
    That thing is not a car.
    It is an abomination spawned from hell that you could not pay me to drive.
    It might be fast, but at the end of the day, it is still a tacky looking piece of shit tin can.
    And the e30 is?????

    Originally posted by hendrixvodu
    i dont like people who do distaste full mods like the hood you did and the wheels, just because they were a lot of money doesnt mean they look good

    my old crx ran a 14 sec quarter mile, it had a $400 motor in it, making it a $2000 car

    bone stock besides the drop and motor

    Chrome was the only wheel that I wanted on the car. Anything else didn't look right. The hood is already gone. GOt another on the way for it. I liked it at first but after a while it didn't fit the car.

    I guess those wheels were bone stock too? CRX's are fastish for a little car. But for $2000 you could have gotten a turbo variant 80's mopar and had way more potential.

    Leave a comment:


  • hendrixvodu
    replied
    Originally posted by mattdk318i
    now thats a clean car. Nice wheels!
    haha! thanks man, its prob a shit box now some non enthusiast kid bought it cuz he though it was "madd fast" haahha!

    Leave a comment:


  • mattdk318i
    replied
    now thats a clean car. Nice wheels!

    Leave a comment:


  • hendrixvodu
    replied
    Originally posted by marakka
    Where do I begin. I honestly forgot about this thread. I was drunk when I posted it. I usually am drunk when I think of R3V.... either that or money hungry.

    I'd love to see any one of you guys line up to do any run against the car. Even with the stock motor still in it. I've made quite a few believers since I've owned the car. Yes I know 14.1 sucks. Thats also why I posted the trap, the 60' and the reaction time. The trap coupled with a good reaction and 60'ft would warrant a 13.3-13.5 normally. I'm shooting for mid 10's with the new setup. And before anyone asks.... yes it will be NHRA legal to include roll bars, harnesses and scatter shield.

    Yes its a Neon. So what? We all drive BMW's version of the Escort. Whats the point?

    A bit more info on it. The color is B5 pearl blue borrowed from the SRT8 Super Bee Charger. I'm not 100% sure on how many owners were before me but I've been the only one to do any mods to it. The 20's were for show only. They won't see track time. The "ricer" body kit is Kaminari to include the carbon wing. *LOL* I don't know when Kaminari became ricer.... Lambo doors I can understand some not liking it.

    More pictures... this time of the motor awaiting install.



    PTE 6262, GT3076, stock



    Full billet oil accessories. I'd be able to grease a Kenworthy with this setup.



    Knifed, cryo treated, WPC'd and balanced crank.



    Assembled. Manley Rods, CP Pistons, Brian Crower S3 cams, valves and springs. Valves are 1mm+ on both sides. Head has a full "race" port by Performance Autowerks in Chicago. Motor is stock bore, stock stroke but is strapped to accomodate higher RPM pulls.

    Believe it or not, the Evo and I are neck and neck when I don't have the 20's on. He's got me by a little on the take off, but I make it up in the top end. Autobahn pulls FTW. The rotational mass on the 20's kills all performance. The car has seen about 3000 miles since May of last year.

    I don't care if you like it or not. I just posted up to stir the pot.

    The one thing my "Neon" has over your BMW.... it has a boost gauge stock. *LOL*



    i dont like people who do distaste full mods like the hood you did and the wheels, just because they were a lot of money doesnt mean they look good

    my old crx ran a 14 sec quarter mile, it had a $400 motor in it, making it a $2000 car

    bone stock besides the drop and motor

    Leave a comment:


  • Alkasquawlik
    replied
    Originally posted by brandondan1
    Nice car.

    I actually think it's pretty tastefully modded, other than the wheels. Don't mind the haters here... most are just bmw snobs rather than actual car enthusiasts.
    That thing is not a car.
    It is an abomination spawned from hell that you could not pay me to drive.
    It might be fast, but at the end of the day, it is still a tacky looking piece of shit tin can.

    Leave a comment:


  • brandondan1
    replied
    Nice car.

    I actually think it's pretty tastefully modded, other than the wheels. Don't mind the haters here... most are just bmw snobs rather than actual car enthusiasts.

    Leave a comment:

Working...