Danny's 4door Calypso 24v car

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by Iain
    Hey Danny,

    Nice car, mate.

    I'll mail you a high-five at the first opportunity.

    Regards,
    Dr Gigglefingers
    Thanks Doc!

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    Originally posted by Janderson
    I should have Andrew make stickers that say "DEUTSCHBAG".
    I might actually run one of those depending on how subtle it is

    Originally posted by bmwguy325is
    I agree with this. However if you use a long lasting grease of some wor when you assemble them they are less prone to sqeaking. Plus I only hear mine when I turn down the radio. As in turned down and off.
    Some still complain of squeaks after using grease, even after modifying them to use zerk fittings. So, still hit or miss.

    The sway bar endlinks make way much more noise in the cabin than the bushings
    I've got heim joint endlinks all around with zero noise. Which endlinks are you running?

    Leave a comment:


  • Iain
    replied
    Hey Danny,

    Nice car, mate.

    I'll mail you a high-five at the first opportunity.

    Regards,
    Dr Gigglefingers

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    Originally posted by kronus
    get a room
    get a groom

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    I put new oem subframe/trailing arm bushings few years back and they seem to work just fine for dd/autox.

    Leave a comment:


  • bmwguy325is
    replied
    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    Poly subframe bushings won't squeak. TABs though are a different story.

    I've got a set of poly TABs that I am going to sell off and get OEM rubber pieces. Supposedly most urethane TABs are hit or miss when it comes to longevity and squeakiness.

    P.S. badge still sucks.
    I agree with this. However if you use a long lasting grease of some wor when you assemble them they are less prone to sqeaking. Plus I only hear mine when I turn down the radio. As in turned down and off. The sway bar endlinks make way much more noise in the cabin than the bushings

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851
    I just replaced all the suspension rubber on my '89 and it is nice. For a street car you don't want to hate ,rubber is the way to go. New rubber is taut and supple much like a fit young woman and you won't have to explain to everyone who rides in your car why it sounds like the screen door on your grandmothers house every time you pull in the driveway.
    Agreed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    that's deutschbag to you
    I should have Andrew make stickers that say "DEUTSCHBAG".

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    I just replaced all the suspension rubber on my '89 and it is nice. For a street car you don't want to hate ,rubber is the way to go. New rubber is taut and supple much like a fit young woman and you won't have to explain to everyone who rides in your car why it sounds like the screen door on your grandmothers house every time you pull in the driveway.

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    get a room

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    that's deutschbag to you

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    no eff you douchefag.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    fuck youuu

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    You still suck Nate.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Go OEM rubber, Danny. There's really no point in spending twice or more on poly.

    Leave a comment:

Working...