Danny's 4door Calypso 24v car

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Danny
    replied
    He honestly could have been sandbaggin it, I thought for sure he'd steamroll us all.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    You sure he wasn't sandbagging, I hear those guys usually bulldoze the competition. Maybe he had a hole in his powerband.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Cat excavator was 2 tenths ahead of me. I couldn't find the grip he could with his treads. Great driver.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    What kind of times did that CAT excavator run? I'm trying to figure out where this turbo tractor I'm working on will class.

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    I can't see your hair.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    I went to an autocross.







    Leave a comment:


  • Vtec?lol
    replied
    jeep and the 30 is looking good.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Thanks!

    Just gonna leave this here.


    Originally posted by MR 325
    Engine/Driveline :
    1995 Dinan S50B30
    21.5 lb/hr injectors
    3.5" 540 MAF
    16lb Fidanza flywheel
    Stock E36 M3 clutch
    91 octane TRM tune (thanks Matt!)
    r3vshift 24v poly mounts.
    Getrag 260 with White325is brace
    r3vshift poly trans mounts
    z3 short shifter
    3.73LSD

    Body:
    Very faded Calypsorot
    Retrofitted US elipsoids with 5000k HIDs
    IS lip
    Mstripes on rear deck lid
    Numerous dings and dents

    Wheels/Tires/Brakes:
    APEX 17x8 ARC-8s
    235/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Star Spec z1s
    Massive Street Kit with 4pot Wilwood calipers up front
    Stock in the back :|

    Suspension:
    Ground Control kit
    Koni adjustable shocks
    550 up front 700 in the rear or something like that
    Ground Control camber/caster plates
    Ground control RSMs
    Treehouse racing eyeball arms
    2.7 turns lock to lock Z3 steering rack

    Interior:
    Momo Prototipo steering wheel
    Recaro LS recovered with perforated microsuede centers and microsuede outers
    robsgotit "small" black shift knob
    Rear ski pass seat with head rests
    Pioneer deck
    Premium speakers
    Luke box with 60 dollar walmart sub and 500w amp

    Story behind me/the car:

    First off, I am honored to have been selected for car of the month. My name is Danny and I work a bunch of odd jobs while I wait for my POST test on November 9th with the Vallejo PD. I live in Vacaville, CA and this calypso red e30 is my 4th e30 that I've had.

    My first was a 1989 zinno 325is auto coupe, I was rear ended in that car.

    With that money I bought an Alpine 1991 318is, but it was just too slow for me. I subsequently turbocharged it with full standalone and many other little goodies. I tracked this car once and AutoX'd it numerous times. However, being in the people's republic of Kalifornia, I was soon ticketed with "modified emissions" and had to scrap the car (mostly due to being a broke high school kid and not having the funds to return the car to stock) Part of this kit lives on today actually in AcSchnizter318is' beautiful car.

    I parted out the white car and found a lachssilber 4 door 325 5 speed for 1500 bucks. I jumped on it and most of you know of that car. I tracked that car once and went to a few AutoX's with it but again, it just wasn't fast enough for me. So I bought a Dinan S50 from phreshkid and swapped that right on in. (Much better than an m42 turbo by the way) I got that car BAR certified and was soon rear ended by my intoxicated (my belief, doesn't show intoxicated in the police report) neighbor while the car was parked in front of my house. This resulted in a very big, 5 month long battle with USAA insurance to get what I felt (and what a professional appraiser felt) was fair for my car.

    Then we end up with the Calypso. I was actually emailed by a member here (his name is slipping my mind at the moment, please speak up if you see this!) who basically asked me if I wanted to by his car. I said hell yes and picked it up the next day.

    Then the s50 came out of the grey car.



    Then out came the m20



    Then it waited patiently



    Then the s50 was in, with the z3 rack and other stuff.


    And the final product:
































    All photo credit goes to Jeremy Boyle http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeremyboyle/

    Thanks for looking guys!

    Leave a comment:


  • DrLeadFoot
    replied
    Sweet e30. I have so much XJ love!

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    I require an upside down jeep photo.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied


    Finished my rear tire carrier/license plate relocation.

    News on the e30: clutch pedal is dead. Going to replace the slave/master.

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    Fuckin sick Danny. I want one of these for Tahoe. LOL drove from Oakland to South Tahoe last Presidents' week in under 3 hours, terrential rain, hail, then snow..in the e30. Scariest shit of my layfe.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Its OEM as well, way better than spending 300+ for an aftermarket one.

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    ^ Gotta love 'merican shit!

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Picked up a rear tire carrier for the Jeep at picknpull today for 20 bucks. Stoked as fuck for that.

    Leave a comment:

Working...