Danny's 4door Calypso 24v car

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Danny
    replied
    Alright so I got the head torn off the car today. Headgasket isn't showing me where exactly it went bad but when I drained the oil the first thing to come out was actually coolant so I'm confident it's bad. No obvious signs of cracks in the head. Anyway, onto the pictures.

    In the car:



    VC off:



    Close up of gunk:



    Cyl 1:



    Cyl 2:



    Cyl 3 and 4:



    Cyl 5:



    Cyl 6:



    Whole engine:



    Now obvious the damage to cyl 3 is was concerns me. My guess is the damage is from detonation but I'm not exactly an expert in this field. I didn't see any obvious damage to the valves on cyl 3 so I'm hoping this bottom end is still good. Looking for some insight, feel free to let me know what you think.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Yeah I think that's what the schrick cams from turner are. I don't want to go to crazy because I still have to pass smog in California. I was tempted to go with the TMS headers as well but I'm reading mixed reviews and I think I'll skip them.

    Leave a comment:


  • AWDBOB
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    Alright so let's take a poll here. Is it worth it to spend the extra cash to upgrade to a 3.5" HFM, 24lb injectors and schrick cams while the head is out? Or am I just throwing money away?
    I think if you have the cash it would be a great idea to upgrade all at once. I also think that doing the "maf" and injectors in combination with the cams and a tune you will really pick up some good power.

    I assume you'd be going 276/270?

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Just buy my aluM52 and move on you with your life. you will get 18 points for doing so and I get some money

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Alright so let's take a poll here. Is it worth it to spend the extra cash to upgrade to a 3.5" HFM, 24lb injectors and schrick cams while the head is out? Or am I just throwing money away?

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    Danny sucks

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    I popped the headgasket at the track yesterday so this thread will get some attention soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • ohthejosh
    replied
    At least youre honest.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    I have no updates.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by freeride53
    hey is that tokeland
    Yes

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    hey is that tokeland

    Leave a comment:


  • ak-
    replied
    Needs a Big Country Labs GT wing

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied
    Nice! I like the honda fit.

    Leave a comment:


  • serdar255
    replied
    Very nice!

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied


    This is my car currently.

    Leave a comment:

Working...