Danny's 4door Calypso 24v car

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mlarsen
    replied
    Hey did you ever get the unloader relay figured out?
    Last edited by Danny; 11-14-2013, 09:46 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • JCarp90
    replied
    I want a Calypso sedan. :(

    So jelly.

    Leave a comment:


  • P.Kelly
    replied
    Originally posted by kronus
    It sounds like a pretty ok car.
    Nah, I've seen it. It's a total POS...



    Seriously, its a cool car, but it was on jack stands so I didn't get a ride. It's Danny's fault I have an S5X in my garage waiting to go into my car.

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    It sounds like a pretty ok car.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    I fixed those issues with a vanos solenoid.

    I installed new, sticky tires, a new amp and also a new skidplate. I like this car.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Up

    Leave a comment:


  • 87e30
    replied
    As I mentioned that's not what my car was doing when a couple coils went bad... but then cars often show multiple kinds of symptoms.

    Drove my friends car with the ford injectors, larger MAF, OBD1 IM, and 8.5lb flywheel... I don't know how these cars left the factory any other way. Really wakes them up. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Engine has no feel of a misfire. Also idles very well. It pulls smoothly but with a distinct lack of power in the mid range.

    Leave a comment:


  • kingston
    replied
    Easy enough to see i it's coils. Remove the connectors to them one by one with the engine running. If you hear the engine note change, the coil is good. If there is not change, there is a problem with that coil, boot or plug. Or something else with the cylinder...

    Good luck!

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Okay so two issues with my car right now. My unloader relays do not work. I currently have k5 and k7 jumpered with a wire to get the windows and aux fan/blower motor to work. Problem is they are constantly hot. The battery will drain. I saw a post by Nando that I can ground pin 15 of the c101 to bypass the unloader relays. He won't answer my PM. Can anyone else verify?

    Second issue is the car has absolutely no midrange. I have had the VANOS unit replaced with a Dr. Vanos unit by RyanGMW. Still have no midrange. the car is gutless until about 4500 rpms. I'm leaning toward VANOS solenoid but I have no check engine light. Kyle (Surebimmer) suggested replacing coils. Thoughts?

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by 87e30
    You like that 13lb wheel? My buddy has the lighter one and he says it's a little much, but I think he may have gone for the 8.5lb one? That's a common one, right?

    Anyway that bimmerworld intake + larger MAF sounds so awesome that's almost worth it alone...

    Its a nice flywheel. I have A/C in my car and it very seldom dies when coming to a stop with it on. Otherwise the idle is just like stock. I'm thinking of going back to the bigger maf and boot. Too bad I sold it to RobertK.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Annnnnnddd...


    Ninjas.

    Leave a comment:


  • 87e30
    replied
    You like that 13lb wheel? My buddy has the lighter one and he says it's a little much, but I think he may have gone for the 8.5lb one? That's a common one, right?

    Anyway that bimmerworld intake + larger MAF sounds so awesome that's almost worth it alone...

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    I have hollow carbon fiber aircraft rivets to mount my flywheel to the engine to save weight and rev up faster.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Ninjas. Factory, OEM engine ninjas. Installed by a one legged mechanic from Blenheim. With uber rare LTW ninja keepers.

    Leave a comment:

Working...