Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B5 S4, operation money pit. Forever evolving, never ending.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My methanol pump is a fickle bitch. I think it's just on it's last leg, it will work great for the first half of my drive home. Then it will quit some time later, then once it cools off we're back in business.

So, I'm going to order a new pump, 2.5 gallon tank, and throw the bitch in the trunk.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

That's pretty fast

Comment

I think the B5 S4 is one of my favorite S4's ever made. Its back when the S4's meant something and really gave the M3 a run for the money. Now the S is just a package and you need to run up the RS for serious performance.

Anyway beautiful car!
        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Ordered these and a snub mount today

Also decided I'm going to do the work at home. I forgot I already have the perfect spot.

The shed will be moved, plenty of room to park the car and yank the drivetrain out. Plus I'll be within the fence so my dog can hang out with me.

Going to schedule the time soon, this will be a Thursday night and back on the road Sunday job. All that's left is the install kit and find a hoist to borrow.

I'll still be on stock intercoolers but the meth should help. Will just need to keep the boost modest ~20psi or so to keep the end tanks together. I'm thinking it should still be good for 350ish wheel until I swap the intercoolers and exhaust.

I'm still torn on side mount or front mount. I'm leaning towards front mount just for the performance aspect. I don't particularly like the look but function>form.
          No E30 Club
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Its not a suitable replacement !
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I'll probably end up picking one of these up after I get out of school...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Old pump was completely shot by today when I took it out. Used the old pump to empty the fluid from my reservoir, and it couldn't supply enough pressure to push past the check valve.

Now with the new pump, AFR is back where they should be and the car pulls hard again.

Even without the methanol and pulling 9-10* timing because of it, still pulled on a 04ish STI with at least a FMIC and exhaust today. At least he had an STI badge, looked like the wrx scoop to me. Still, was a fun time.

I really need to take some full photo's of this car. Will carry my camera around and try to get some shots in the next few days.
                No E30 Club

Comment

Too bad they won't ever be seen.
                  No E30 Club

Comment

Car is dirty, I know. I really wish I had cleaned that front wheel before hand. Just got new tires mounted though and that was the spare, still better than the one that was on there.
                    No E30 Club

Comment

The date is set.

Taking 7/31-8/1 off which gives me friday-monday to get this done. Will move the shed this week, and a friend is lending me his engine hoist. Also getting paid during the 2 days is a nice bonus.

Let's get this done! 500+chp here I come.
                      No E30 Club

Comment

New plates ordered.
                        Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 05-14-2016, 09:48 PM.
                        No E30 Club

Comment

-Turbo install kit
                          -Clutch alignment tool
                          -Sachs throw out bearing
                          -Front outer CV boot

Ready to go.

So vote time. Front mount or side mount? I'm pumping the breaks for a bit after this, so I'm thinking once my account recovers just order a nice set of side mounts and crank up the boost. As it is I'll be limited to 20psi so I don't blow and end tank off the stock intercoolers.
                          No E30 Club

Comment

Suitable replacement for E30 thread. B5S4 Stage 3 begin 7/31

What look are you going for with the car?
                            Originally posted by flyboyx
                            how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                            Originally posted by Northern
                            beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                            Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                            Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                            '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                            Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

That's the problem... I could go either way.

If it gets a front mount it will have powder coated black pipes hidden behind the stock grilles. Semi-sleeper if you will.

Like this, except black pipes.

Only downside is no fogs, but mine leak and burn bulbs so I don't use them anyway.

That kit runs around $550, and they did pull off a 12.2 second pass on k03s, and almost hit 10s on k04's with it. So it definitely performs.

Other option would be SRM side mounts which are a bit priceyer, but will retain that 100% sleeper appearance.

I'm leaning more towards the FMIC, just looking to get other opinions.

Found one that looks pretty damn good.
                              No E30 Club

Comment

My vote it FMIC too. Although some nice SMICs would be good, plus that OEM sleeper look.
                                Originally posted by flyboyx
                                how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                                Originally posted by Northern
                                beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                                Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                                Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                                '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                                Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Working...
                                X