Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2mAns Daily Driver Thread - who knows what it is today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    He handled it so quickly. Front went up about an inch I also snagged a pic of my spotless tranny

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Well, Ive been planning to do this a while ago but now that it’s a daily driver it moved way up the list...

Luckily my buddy Byron was willing to help me and he handled it so quickly.

He works quick so I had to rush the pics while he was out of the shot, and now I realize I didn’t even get a pic of the Bilsteins before he installed them...oh well.

Work done was Bilstein B4 Struts, Lemforder Strut Mounts, and Ate Brake pads all the way around as well as the sensors too.

Front went up about an inch lol

I also snagged a pic of my spotless tranny, Byron was the same guy who did all that work too

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    pretty solid upgrade. Looks great

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Well, didnt take long to do this but the actual time available to do it was scarce... hopefully I’ll have this bad boy in the car later today. Excited to get all that junk out of the garage. Anyone need anything before it gets trashed? Leather is basically trash, but anything else is available.

I have another ‘Sport’ addition to go in soon and the plan is to get the new ‘Sport’ Sachs installed next weekend. Should officially have the full Sport Wagon very soon... just in time to daily this thing for a month.

Edit: ...annnnd Installed!

Last edited by 2mAn; 10-14-2021, 05:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    this is a good time to ask.

Ive been wanting to add some more “sport” to my Sport Wagon so I slowly started looking around for Sport Seats. My driver seat really wasn’t good so this was another motivation. Of course, this was easier said than done. The search wasn’t really pulling up anything, but I did find a pair, close by and for a great price. Problem? Driver seat sucked. Ultimately, I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with the crap seat, and it ended up in the trash.

One down, one to go.

Well... this proved harder than I hoped and ultimately it looked like I was going to have to buy another passenger seat and swap it over. Turns out I could’ve used that driver seat that I tossed, but luckily this guy had a crappy sport driver seat he would throw in.

Wagon doing wagon things...

The project begins

and halfway there.​

I used this DIY I found on E46Fanatics. It wasn’t bad, definitely helped me

Tonight I finished tearing the pass seat and started assembling the new driver seat so that pretty much brings you up to date and why I decided to post this update. You see the other pass seat may or may not have heated elements, but this driver seat will... and I’d love to make it functional. I was going to swap over all the electrics but noticed that they aren’t identical. The memory function of the power driver seat has additional wiring that isn’t present on the passenger seat. Luckily, a little investigation revealed the following.

The yellow connector under seat were different and chasing the wiring revealed which plugs I needed to swap over. See for yourself.

Easily swapped over once you take the cover off.

So, now that I have the heated seat wiring all the way to the plug, does anyone know what needs to be done now to activate it? I have to believe BMW pre-wired the car for this option so I’m guessing I need the switch and maybe a harness to plug into ...?... this is where I’m “stuck” though I’m going to continue on and hopefully have a final pic to share next week with the pair of Sport Seats... and Sport steering wheel . And then I’ll fully have a Sport Wagon.

There’s more stuff in the works right now as I will need to start actually driving this car... a year later. October 17 2020 is when I went and picked up the car and I think I’ve done maybe 2500 miles in that time

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    I think I’m finally going to tackle some maintenance. Been trying to gameplan and it looks like I’m going to buy the Sports Sachs Struts (say that 3x fast), new brake pads and I should finally have a good driving and stopping wagon. Be nice to experience what this is really all about... Hopefully that’s not another 2 months, but it just might be... we’ll see.

Seat Update: I needed to go pick up a T50 torx to take a seatbelt off. Nothing else worked.Took the lower belt buckle part off. It’s now a 4 seater, or perhaps 3.5 since my baby isn’t even 1 yet haha

Also broke a lot of plastic bits lol...

Leave a comment:

• Mike36
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

If you would've came to the gtg the other night you would've seen it... and also got your stuff back lol
    So true

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
    Nice! For some reason I thought you got rid of the e46.
    If you would've came to the gtg the other night you would've seen it... and also got your stuff back lol

Leave a comment:

• Mike36
    replied
    Nice! For some reason I thought you got rid of the e46.

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Like.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Friday Morning I was off work and needed to take a drive. Since the MR2 is gone now and the BMW is the only car for a few more days, I decided to take the wagon out and see how she does on Angeles Crest Highway. It was pretty good until the heavy hitters showed up...

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    It only took me a month to install this!.. Glad I did.

One of these days I need to get this car detailed inside and out... one of these days. The windshield still needs to get done and Im lagging on that for no other reason than May has sucked for so many reasons. Its nearly over though

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    Is that some sort of CA thing, washing a car on a collection area?
    No idea, the Shop in question washes their clients cars there...

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Is that some sort of CA thing, washing a car on a collection area?

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Well, lots of work done and money spent and no pics to show of it except a young kid washing the car...

Tranny was pulled and the following was done:

-Detents (~2 were completely stuck)

-Shifter Cup, joint, shift carrier was replaced

-New OEM clutch, old on wasnt bad, but the tranny was out soo.... $$$

Overall it feels much tighter. Next is installing some new parts I bought once the new windshield goes in

Leave a comment:

Working...
X