Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2mAns Daily Driver Thread - who knows what it is today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Hagerty your only good with 5000 miles a year?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
      With Hagerty your only good with 5000 miles a year?
      I think i told them 6k, and I put around 8k on the i3, so we’ll see what happens.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Alright, 2024 is in full swing... 1 week of DD the 911 and I'm on the hunt. The 911 can do it, but I dont really want to subject it to that treatment...

SO: AWDBOB if you knew what Im looking at for new DDs...

1 hint: 2 door + hatchbacks. 00+ cars.

Feel free to drop your thoughts here... ​
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Alright, 2024 is in full swing... 1 week of DD the 911 and I'm on the hunt. The 911 can do it, but I dont really want to subject it to that treatment...

If I had to guess, ignoring your 2dr designation, it should be a 2002 Lexus IS300 Sportcross Wagon.
          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post

If I had to guess, ignoring your 2dr designation, it should be a 2002 Lexus IS300 Sportcross Wagon.
            That's too sensible
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

That's too sensible
              seriously!... they are ugly, but not ugly enough for me... and finding a manual would be too much money.

cheap sh!tbox status
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

hmm....

VW Golf/GTI?

There were some years where they were only 2 doors.

Mini? Did you already have a Mini? Those fit into that description.

Scion TC?

Celica? Neighbor just picked up a GTS with the 6 speed and 2zz for cheap, ripped off the bodykit, it isn't bad. Those are forgotten gems.

=============

For your consideration:

My Fiesta ST was fun, saved my life, but those are only 4 doors here. Averaged 30mpgs driving it like a hoonigan.

Another 4 door: If you get a Honda Fit in manual, I will vicariously live through you.

=============

Just get another e30. :P
                Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

And for a daily... how efficient are you looking to get?

Comment

My vote goes for an "EK" Civic Hatch from the late 90s.

I had a '99 and even with the non-vtec D16 it was a blast.
                    SO SLOW but felt fun anyways with a 5-speed.
                    Very practical with the large hatch, and I never got stuck in the snow even without snow tires.

I really wish I kept it, would have been amazing with a B series swap.

In my area they're worth 4x what I sold mine for these days. 💀
                    If they're still cheap where you're at it's an excellent option IMO.

Sound deadening, quality dampers, and maybe a better seat and you have yourself a nice daily.

Comment

I was literally just about to edit my post, and say wait... EK / civic hatch?

I really enjoyed my EM1 I got from a friend, broke even selling it to someone else after wheels/tires.

Now it has 5 lug, sick multipiece wheels, and fresh multicolored rain interior.

Aside from them being able to be stolen in 2 seconds and that being a legitimate worry, I'd love another golden era Honda.

====

Ayeeeee :

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/antelope-2000-honda-civic-cx-hatchback/7711961353.html

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/d/san-diego-2000-honda-civic-hatchback-ek/7713069313.html

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post

Just get another e30. :P
                        This is what my friends are trying to get me to do, but for now its not in the cards. If I can find a cheap convertible thats auto, I might pull the trigger but that wouldnt be the daily.

I had a Mini and sold it because as fun as it was, I couldn't imagine throwing my kid in the back of one...

Criteria is post 2000 because the child seat will be nice and secure, and I'm leaning towards efficiency over fun/ power.
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Prius

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

First thing that sprang to mind, Saab 9-3 Viggen (mine was a '99 but they made them til '01). Here's mine on Dyno Day, I made 236whp. FWD, manual transmission only, fun to drive, easy to mod, decent fuel economy.

viggen_wint by IronJoeT16S, on Flickr
                            '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Prius & Viggen!... we're getting weird now... but are somehow getting closer to what I'm thinking
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

When I think full time DD there's only one make I think of, Lotus.

Comment

Working...
                                X