Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2mAns Daily Driver Thread - who knows what it is today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who else thinks Simon should test out his new sway bar and tires at an autocross?
    Byron
    Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
      Who else thinks Simon should test out his new sway bar and tires at an autocross?
      Im like 880 subscribers away from listening to anything that the peanut gallery suggests...

That said, Im strongly considering it still LOL

I need to sell the 1 year old 155/70/19s so I can also get the Sport tune so I can get the better traction control and better steering. Help me sell em and I will be there
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Im like 880 subscribers away from listening to anything that the peanut gallery suggests...
        Ha, 1k subs on YT cost what, $80? I think we can crowdfund that.

Comment

I have been seriously considering going EV lately. I am having some work done in my garage to add.a heater and I am going to have the electrician add a few more 240v to get ready.

I think the sways will make a huge difference, love to hear the results. I remember in the E46 days just going to bigger sways made more of a handling feel difference than anything else.
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I took it up to Newcombs Ranch today. I was chasing a 996 C4S and he was shocked that I was with him for so long.

On the way down a photographer heard me coming (think about that for a second) and got his camera ready and managed to get this pic

I turned around to ask if he actually took a picture he said it was the hilarious at what he saw after what he heard... again, think about what he was hearing

Also, this arrived today. Less than 1 month to install & have you guys get me to 1k subs so you can see this thing autocross

Last edited by 2mAn; 02-22-2024, 02:48 PM.
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
              I have been seriously considering going EV lately. I am having some work done in my garage to add.a heater and I am going to have the electrician add a few more 240v to get ready.

I think the sways will make a huge difference, love to hear the results. I remember in the E46 days just going to bigger sways made more of a handling feel difference than anything else.
              If you have the charging done and your daily commute is reasonable (less than 50 miles each way) its a wonderful car. Mine does maybe 100 in a week so I only charge it once a week
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

You gotta autocross stock. Or take to track and set some lap times. THEN go back after the sway bars to see how much it upgrades it.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                  You gotta autocross stock. Or take to track and set some lap times. THEN go back after the sway bars to see how much it upgrades it.
                  You’re grossly overestimating how much free time I have lol

Thats why I did the canyon run today. That’s the best back to back on that front
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

You’re grossly overestimating how much free time I have lol

Thats why I did the canyon run today. That’s the best back to back on that front
                    The local club is typically doing Saturday Sunday events but with different layouts. If I was real good I would attend the first, install a part, then attend the next day. But, like you, don't have that time and I don't have the energy for that.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

If you have the charging done and your daily commute is reasonable (less than 50 miles each way) its a wonderful car. Mine does maybe 100 in a week so I only charge it once a week
                      Lately I dont know if I drive 50 a week lol.
                      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

edit: looks like Discount Tire Direct has the 175s... $238/each lol
                        Are they just expensive tires? Or is it the classic BMW "Let's only use fucked up sizes" thing that I'm sure anyone with an e30 has noticed when shopping for tires.
                        My Mini is the same way and I'm starting to think it's worth getting the 5% oversize tires to have better selection/pricing...
                        Originally posted by priapism
                        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                        Originally posted by shameson
                        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I3s tires are expensive. I was pricing them when looking at them. And they don't last...

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Theres only one tire supplier, Bridgestone. They make two styles, Ecopia 500 & 600. The 500 is more of the Sportier pattern than the 600. Mine has 600s with 155/175 19" Tires. My plan is to square up the setup to 175s all the way around and when this set runs out to go to the 500 with 175s all around.

A big problem is the rears wear out quick and you cant rotate them when you have the staggered setups. My plan is to address that
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Well, it’s been a few months so I have a few updates on the daily.

Update 1. I purchased the amplifier and speaker combo box from a guy on Bimmerpost. It’s a great little set up and though I didn’t install it exactly where I wanted to, I am quite happy with how it is now. Not the type of bass I had in my car ‘s in high school LOL but a great complement to the rest of the stereo

No Harmon Kardon amp, but we press on

Wiring completed

Speaker box installed...

Update 2. I finally installed the i3S swaybar. After dropping the front subframe enough to get this thing out it looked shockingly identical to the new one that we wanted to put in.

We even went to compare the part numbers and there is certainly a different part # between my car and what came on the i3s. We had to measure it and the difference was less than 1mm lol...

And I got a kick out of this while the car was on the left, so I had to take a picture for you guys. Should I put a fat exhaust tip right out the middle?

I also made a little video after taking the i3 to Newcombs a ranch again. Fun note: The MR2 owner came up to me later and to,d me that my pace was good and I didn’t need to get out of the way. He said it was hilarious following me and watching me toss the i3.
                              Last edited by 2mAn; 06-11-2022, 04:55 PM.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Twin DTM tips.

Comment

Working...
                                X