Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

somebody make me some swaybars.. (more pics pg 3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

somebody make me some swaybars.. (more pics pg 3)

I think I'm gonna tip over:

I like how I can see the sidewall deflecting under the cornering loads. believe it or not, I'm not running on the sidewalls - that's 42 psi up front, and 39 psi in the rear (hot), pretty even temps too. the KDW2s aren't as competitive in the dry (about a 1-2 second difference for me), but they're fantastic in the wet - the more water, the better. I think I could use a touch more camber up front though.

and uh, yeah, I'm getting close to needing a suspension upgrade. H&R sports are not stiff...
    Last edited by nando; 11-26-2007, 08:13 PM.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

LOL @ body rolls.

cool shots, the tire deflection is really clear.
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

ya gotta love the kdw2s in the not so dry season though.

Comment

ive been thinking of getting some H&R race springs? and a bigger adj rear sway.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

I ran rs2's hankooks, i ran 39 front and 41 rear.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

:pimp: Koni Rallysport adjustable bars for early E28s and '83 - '84 E24s. New old stock! No help to you, but they are the ill shit nonetheless.

'88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

I'm undecided on what I want to do with my suspension. coilovers would be nice, but it's still my DD.. the roads here aren't too bad, but damnit the roads in BC suck! that's why I'm thinking of larger sways, with adjustability, and I can add stiffer springs later.

I just put on the snow tires too. fucking bottlecaps are ugly as hell... but at least I don't have to care enough to wash them. I think it's been 4 years now :D
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                ive been thinking of getting some H&R race springs? and a bigger adj rear sway.
                they will fit, but it will be a lot lower. not neccesarily better - given the front suspension geometry, you might actually lose camber. I would not want to do just a larger rear sway - car is pretty balanced right now. I'd like to just stiffen it up a bit, and keep the same balance. a larger rear swaybar would make the car waay too tailhappy. although I do eventually need to get my rear trailing arm adjustments installed.. I'm sure that will help.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Mfever View Post
                  ya gotta love the kdw2s in the not so dry season though.
                  they are very good in the dry actually - just not as good as say, a hoosier A6 or falken azenis RT-615. I'm pretty sure I was the only car with them there - and I think I still have the points lead in my class. :)
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Think your body roll is bad...

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                      but damnit the roads in BC suck!
                      Really? They're super smooth in my area. I guess some parts can get pretty shady, but the main routes of travel are pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by evo3 View Post
                        Really? They're super smooth in my area. I guess some parts can get pretty shady, but the main routes of travel are pretty good.
                        the big highways aren't too bad, but a lot of the roads I travel are scary.. starting to learn where all the gaps and potholes are though :p
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
                          Think your body roll is bad...
                          prove it. ;)
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Body roll sucks....

sigpicFormer professional wrench thrower.
                            Current:
                            1988 325is S52
                            Former:
                            2008 Sparkling Graphite M3 Sedan(victim of home ownership)
                            1988 M5
                            1996 328is

Comment

Go for the generic spec E30 suspension (HR race springs, bilstein sports) but go with the IE 21mm/25mm sways. One day you will have to make the choice between track performance and streetability, you cant have both.

Also, those rims/tires are killing you. You can pump up the pressure all you want on those tires, the sidewalls are way too tall. I havent found the best combo but Id say 45-50 side walls are good. Go get some 15x10s with 0 offsets. Itll give you a more aggressive stance for grip and will stabilize you in corners.

I refuse to help you with the oversteer "problem" though.

Comment

Working...
                              X