No announcement yet.

The Super Nuova...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rods did their job. Slow and steady and it’s all out...

I got about 2 hours of work in tonight and got the front springs, shocks and a few other minor bits out.

The disassembly will pick up next week where I hope I’ll get the last of the parts out. All that’s left is removal of the outer tie-rod arms, the steering arms and the lower ball joints out. The lower ball joints look like they’re quite happy where they are so any tips will be appreciated.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

In before mini Mr2man is 1!

As far as the car, you are brave!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Cars officially back down on all 4 wheels. Not going to drive it until Dorian (DV_Mechanics) gets it into his shop for an alignment, and depending on the additional line items (and how much that all costs) I may have him tune up the Weber’s to have a little more... oomph, because he says that my little 1400 should move well, especially on a canyon run.

Anyways, a few pics and a link to my video.I’m up to 70 subscribers now haha

Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          For whenever the video gets posted here I appreciated that the hassling you had an impact. Also, for full weight reduction all rust will need to go since it's technically heavier in that state, at least until it falls off.
          I’ll plan to get the car pressure washed, maybe before it even ends up at DV Mechanics. Then once I pay the bill from DV Mechanics I’m buying all the replacement metal, though not sure when I’ll actually cut up the car and start welding it up. I want to put some KMs on the car
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Let's get this thing on a dyno after that carb tune up!

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I definitely plan to dyno it at some point. Will need a different muffler for the Italian noises. I have my eyes on an Ansa setup, but in due time.
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Car is out of the garage and taking a small detour on its eventual way to DV Mechanics. First stop is Dr. Detail in Costa Mesa.

While on the flatbed, I enjoyed these views... so much going on haha

Dorian seems to be a little nervous that Ive sprung this car too stiff for the rust. Im hoping once he sees it in person, on his lift that he will agree that the rust isnt as bad as he fears and the stiffness isnt as bad either... We'll find out in the next day or two when she makes her next stop from Costa Mesa to Montebello.

A little annoyed at Dr. Detail as I asked for 'before and after' pics, but they forgot to get the 'before'.

Here are the After. I’m happy with what I see. You guys see any red flags besides the rockers and the spare wheel well?

Last edited by 2mAn; 09-08-2021, 08:01 PM.
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Looks decent enough to me haha
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Steam cleaned or pressure washed? Exhaust flange looks like a bolt is MIA, but I think that is an illusion. The front "chassis" box members are different side to side. Was the car red originally?

Comment

Steam cleaned or pressure washed? Exhaust flange looks like a bolt is MIA, but I think that is an illusion. The front "chassis" box members are different side to side. Was the car red originally?
                      Pressure Washed.

Everything else is original, but I will question the expert when we are standing under the car pointing at things. I think the red is a factory primer or something as Ive seen it on other Alfas once they get cleaned of their grime. This car most definitely is in its original shade of blue. I have wondered many times if its a respray into a different color, but the blue is present in certain areas that wouldve only been accessible when the car was on the factory line.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Got this pic text to me on Monday night...

and then yesterday this one!

Immediately grabbed an Uber and went and got her. Nothing exciting to report yet as the drive home was basically a work commute with a bunch of after-work traffic. So far it feels great and this was nice to see just as I was nearly home. 1000kms since I basically embarked on the drive home. Who knows how accurate any of this mileage reporting actually is, but considering that ~450 miles is about 725km and my 2 drives to Newcombs and the trip home from DV Mechanics couldve easily been the remaining 150mi / 275km Im going to just run with it.

Lets see what the next 1000km look like!

(and yes, a few videos are planned !)
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

yesss

it just looks like it's having fun
                          cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            Cars officially back down on all 4 wheels. Not going to drive it until Dorian (DV_Mechanics) gets it into his shop for an alignment, and depending on the additional line items (and how much that all costs) I may have him tune up the Weber’s to have a little more... oomph, because he says that my little 1400 should move well, especially on a canyon run.

Anyways, a few pics and a link to my video.I’m up to 70 subscribers now haha

I'm #71!

:D

Back to reading from the video post...

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Who is #72?

Comment

Who is #72?
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	sf.JPG
Views:	409
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	10031372
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X