The Super Nuova...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great progress.
    Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

That’s cool they have an aluminum block. Do they have head gasket issues?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Saw Kevan at the MidCity gtg last night and was happy to see the car and that he had thrown some paint on the panel

Do you have the color code, I can get you a matching spray can.

sigpic

Comment

Then next weekend I’m getting nuts!
          Are we talking Truck Nuts or more like Neuticles?

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
            That’s cool they have an aluminum block. Do they have head gasket issues?
            From what I hear, no headgasket issues. The issue I see myself having soon is getting those liners out. Fingers crossed!

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post

Do you have the color code, I can get you a matching spray can.
            When Im done with the work, a paint can will not be sufficient to get this thing back to one color haha

New Rockers, lower front fenders, rear driverside quarter, trunklid... and who knows how much bondo is up front.... Lots of paint work so it will need a full respray

and roguetoasterjust wait and see!
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

From what I hear, no headgasket issues. The issue I see myself having soon is getting those liners out. Fingers crossed!

When Im done with the work, a paint can will not be sufficient to get this thing back to one color haha

New Rockers, lower front fenders, rear driverside quarter, trunklid... and who knows how much bondo is up front.... Lots of paint work so it will need a full respray

and roguetoasterjust wait and see!

If you have not painted a car before, do it. It is surprising how well a careful amateur can spray.

Comment

After a little break, I was determined to get the crank out. 5th main is out, rod caps are all out so naturally the crank is now out too. Really bad spun bearing was the culprit

All laid out on the table

Also, Kevan was able to get his E30 back which meant my car was ready to come home. I figured rather than turn it into a rescue mission I should just call AAA and have them deliver my car. MUCH easier...

and back safe in the garage again.

Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Let's see, if 'burgs is doing an MB TD swap, you should forsake the Twinspark and go with a VW 9A.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                    Let's see, if 'burgs is doing an MB TD swap, you should forsake the Twinspark and go with a VW 9A.
                    Im having a tough enough time to sell the complete twin spark motor, I dont think having 2 on the market would do anything besides stress me out
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

You can have my lima when I pop in the diesel

It's a twin spark too
                      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                      Q
                      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Im having a tough enough time to sell the complete twin spark motor, I dont think having 2 on the market would do anything besides stress me out
                        Just add rare, Euro, or imported and claim that it's 1/xxx magical special engines.

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

It's a twin spark too
                        One for power, one for emissions, and one set is often unchanged from new. Wonder how the Alfa twinspark is setup?

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Just add rare, Euro, or imported and claim that it's 1/xxx magical special engines.

One for power, one for emissions, and one set is often unchanged from new. Wonder how the Alfa twinspark is setup?
                          I'm sure if you swap a couple wires around it will be just like the alfa
                          Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                          Q
                          :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Time to grind crank for oversized bearings? Offset grind for stroke?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

It's a twin spark too
                              Honestly... give me the EDIS system from it. Thats exactly what Im looking for but without junkyard hunting Im not going to find one..

edit: Actually give me the entire wiring harness lol You wont need any of it to run a diesel
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                                Time to grind crank for oversized bearings? Offset grind for stroke?
                                Not sure, I need to get the crank cleaned up and measured before I order the bottom end rebuild kit. I was on the fence about Carillo rods, but now I think its a must... Just need to sell this other motor so I have money to burn

Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X