No announcement yet.

The Super Nuova...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good, I got a slight twitch above one eye when I looked back at that character.

Comment

Spent some time (literally hours) trying to get the door alignment perfect. I rushed to get the car ready for my 1/1/23 drive and I didnt like how it was. Had to go back and forth quite a bit. Took the drivers seat out to save my back, but eventually... success! I plan to put some miles on it and prep the 2L to swap in soon. Looking forward to 2023!

Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Looking forward to 2023!​
        But it's nearly 1/12th over. Also, what's with this Porsche content on YT?

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

But it's nearly 1/12th over. Also, what's with this Porsche content on YT?
          Someone lets you borrow a Porsche, you take it and drive it... and film it 'in Mexico'
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Someone lets you borrow a Porsche, you take it and drive it... and film it 'in Mexico'
            No, you have to scan it for current Rev Range 2 or greater time and then double that within an hour.

Comment

Coming out the gates hot

https://youtu.be/Si_CEa9nH0s​
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Car is looking good! Something, something, Fiat 1.6 turbo swap?

Comment

Trying to keep the momentum going, I snuck into the garage during nap time to finish up the emblem side of things on the trunk lid. Left side was already done, short of one extra hole that needed to be welded shut. Right side was a different story. Plenty of extra holes and then the holes I drilled for the Giulia emblem needed to be redone. With nothing else to work off of, I lined up two holes that ended up throwing the alignment off. So now, some pics...

So.Many.Extra.Holes

You can see here where I was just off, more holes to weld up...

All welded up! No extra holes

Perfecto!

Bellisimo!!

Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Good intro to the vid!

Comment

Interesting week/ weekend.

Originally was supposed to drive down to San Diego on Saturday night to join an "alfas & fiats" cruise in Escondido. During the week I got notice that someone had reserved my car on Turo for Friday night/ Saturday Morning! I had only decided a few days earlier to put the car on Turo as its running nice and anyone who has had any kind of vintage motoring experience can comfortably manage the drive and have a blast doing so. After this happened, I got notice that they were changing the date from a Sunday morning drive to a Saturday morning drive and that meant I was going to be able to take part. Not just because of the reservation, but because Saturday my wife had a list of Honey-Do's for me.

Back to the Turo rental, I was a little nervous as I thought I could approve or deny the request prior to the reservation being made. I asked the renter some questions and hoped for the best. Turns out he owns a Lotus 7 and has driven a variety of vintage cars, so I knew it was going to be in good hands. Still nervous about handing the keys to someone, I managed to connect some dots to the Motoring Club & the drivers own Instagram account and all concerns disappeared as he was posting his enjoyment, as well as others seeing the lovely Alfa out and about at a C&C and Malibu.

He ended up keeping it another day had a lovely time with the car. Many at the Motoring club were excited to see the Alfa out and showed an interest in renting the car as well. I plan to only do this for a short term as I want to use this to gather the funds to pay my friend for his time to repair the passenger side rocker on his own. This way it gets done faster and without giving me a headache. With this weekend done, Im 20% of the way to the goal.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Very cool! And I can completely understand the nerves in renting out a car, especially something like that - but glad it all worked out well.
                        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Who's the blonde? She's already in the trunk, that saves me half the work

Currently building a badass coffee table
                          Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Fun weekend update!

First the 'business' side of things. I wrapped up the welding on the trunklid. I picked up this trunklid a while ago and finally wrapped it up. Its ready for final prep and paint. I plan to farm out the paint and will let the painter know that I need extra paint so I can paint the rockers also. You've already seen most of the work so I threw it all together into a 'quick' video

In this episode I share the details of a side project I’ve been working on in the background. There was one final piece that was needed to finish off the mai...

Onto the fun side of things, the monthly Cars & Coffee of Los Angeles was happening and the Car Gods gave us a window of sunshine in between the crazy rain and weather we've been getting. It was supposed to be 'Italian' oriented but it should've just been Alfa because we dominated. Just a few Ferrari's probably because of the coinciding event at the Petersen museum. Regardless, I caravan'd with a few Alfisti and met several more at the event. Good times!

I snapped a quick pic of my own car before I spent the next 2 hours chatting ...

One of my buddies took this pic. He's got a Berlina, but is a certified BMW guy. Has a 318IS with like 400k on it!

The only other car I took a picture of was this Genuine Alfaholics GTA-R. This cars been complete for ~6 years and next to Max's own GTA-R has the most miles with an odometer showing 11xxxKM. I've seen it on Angeles Crest, but never been up close to smell the Connolly leather and see all the lovely details.

Amazing

Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

That GTA R was one of the coolest cars I've ever seen.
                              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                                That GTA R was one of the coolest cars I've ever seen.
                                I agree. What a wonderful Alfa...

I am so conflicted right now LOL
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X