e30guydownunder: Project M42, probs definitely got more power than your S50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
    All thats left is to make some hub centre extendo's for the fronts (like the Turner Motorsport items). And one more rear brake rotor spacer. Then I just need to order the new front hubs and rear wheel bearings. My press in studs are here ready to go.
    Originally posted by DTM190 View Post
    Good work slutbags, hope you made 2 of everything ;)
    I know your only Teasing but Im fucking tired! Went to work at 5 before I came home and played silly buggers in the shed all day!

More importantly I made sure I handed the caliper adapters correctly ;)
    Last edited by e30guydownunder; 05-29-2011, 06:04 AM.
    - Chris
    Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

It's coming along nicely! Can't wait to see the turbo motor in the full chassis and out the quarter ;)

Comment

Originally posted by SA E30 View Post
        It's coming along nicely! Can't wait to see the turbo motor in the full chassis and out the quarter ;)
        It's out of the quarter.

Unfortunately I pulled it down today ready to send off for machining and looks like the crank has been overheated to buggery. Has the blue temp marks you get on exhausts!

Going to strip down the other spare tomorrow and hopefully that crank and block is good to be sent off for machining.
        - Chris

Comment

Ohhh! Me likey!

Sucks about the crank tho!

One more question, which I missed what master cylinder brand are you using for your master cylinders? They look just about what I want to use on my retro fitting of the stock hand brake handle to hydro conversion... I want the ratchet and stock brake as it's going into my street car.

Comment

They are PBR Mastercylinders. I can't remember the exact model numbers, but I just went to the local brake shop and picked them out of the catalogue. Old Toyota Celica Clutch Master cylinders are very similar (from memory) and this is what people used to used for a hydraulic handbrake.
            - Chris

Comment

I did not read much of it, just the parts you bought and saw the pictures. Over all nice build! FYI the Groton control arms are shit. I ruined a set in a season of tracking. Meyle all the way =)
              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

My Groton arms are still going strong, this is the third season and I don't go easy ;)
                - Chris

Comment

Wow, I can't believe I never read your build thread. Very impressive work, can't wait to see it all buttoned up! :bow:
                  Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Cheers Polak, I dont seem to be getting much interest from most of the major players on the forums, but I'm cool with that. Doing for me more than anything :)

Yes that time again. Update time :)

I have been busy.

I stripped down the rear end, pulled off all the old brakes to discover the rear wheel bearings were absolutely stuffed. Just as well I ordered new ones for when I pull the rear hubs!

Hubs were removed, holes thru drilled and studs fitted! These babys are only $3.50ea compared to Vorshlags $6.60ea....AND they will never be at risk of backing out, galling or just plain falling out! Obvious complication is you have to remove the hubs.

Anyway the progress!

New hubs fitted in the arms with new bearings and new studs.

Slip on the rotor spacer

Slip on the rotor, locating bolt thru it and the spacer. Slide on the caliper and caliper bracket

Bam Rear Brakes done. Yes I checked and no the standard handbrake does not work. But I already have a locking hydraulic one on the way :) This will be plumbed inline, not the most ideal (for the hardcore drifter) but will do for me. Will be used to park, and screw around at skidpan days :) maybe the occassional drift practice if I get bored.

Here is a front hub with the studs installed:

Boy they look long? Well not really once I have all the brake hardware on there and my 12mm spacers :D

And a picture of the front setup, your average guy will be none the wiser :D Hopefully they will be up to the task!

Note Front hubs not installed as I am negotiating some new coilovers currently and will wait to install the new hubs on the new struts!
                    - Chris

Comment

Epic build thread is epic.
                      From The Land Of Sky Blue Waters.

Originally posted by lambo
                      Fuck studying. Party hard.

Comment

Originally posted by KamakaziX View Post
                        Epic build thread is epic.

this.

also lemme get those brakes plz. looking good :up:

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                        Ig:ryno_pzk
                        I like the tuna here.
                        Originally posted by lambo
                        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

nah man they mine :D thanks for the support guys Im working on getting there!

Aiming for new coilovers, brakes, engine moved back and rebuilt with the cams but no turbo just yet, not gonna have time to reqire the whole fusebox before 29th July!

After that come home rip the electrics apart and fit the turbo / ecu
                          - Chris

Comment

love this thread, subscribed.
                            Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                            If you actually stay within your budget, you are not a true car enthusiast. True story.

Comment

Originally posted by Iain View Post
                              $7k could get you some pretty decent turbo Subarus. Gen1 RS Lib wagon or early (94-96) WRX wagon is in your price range.

$7k turbo GX/WRX conversion would be stretching it. $10k is more like it.

A mate's Gen2 sedan. He'd take $7500 i reckon

Gen1 Legacy wags in Melb

Gen1 GX-WRX conversion near you
                              http://www.rslibertyclub.org/forums/...splay.php?f=87
                              Iain is a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles

nice distraction this lot was
                              - Chris

Comment

Aight Time for me to come clean. Forgive me poor souls, for I have sinned
                                - Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X