X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- Chris
    Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

Been getting ready for the next race in a bit over two weeks. I've modified my eBay manifold AGAIN and refitted the Tial MVR 44mm wastegate. Yep this also means I have a screamer pipe :)

Along with this I have swapped out the split dump pipe for a bellmouth dump pipe. I am hoping with all these changes I should see the back pressure problem vanish, EGT's normalise and power sky rocket (not that I need much more).

We removed all the previous wastegate stuff (that kept cracking) and machined up this boss. It has about 6mm wall and being one piece should not crack. It also has a much larger weld surafce area (larger diameter) so all these little things should add up to soomething that lasts a little bit.

Wastegate and Dump

I made up a couple of braces for the dump pipe and screamer, hopefully this additional support will help the manifold to not crack.

Going to the dyno on Friday. My coilovers are nearly finalised (yes it has taken about 4 months!) I found that one of my front shocks has failed, the shaft has side to side play! So those will have to go in before the track day also. Apart from this and a couple of little tidy up jobs I will actually be ready for the track day before the day for once!
      - Chris

Comment

Miserable day was miserable. Lift pump died after 2 sessions.

- Chris

Comment

I likey!
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by der affe
          first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

i must have upset the OG's with my ability to go fast, nobody else seems to likey.
            - Chris

Comment

Looking good man, Must be nice to have a running car, how much power is it pushing out now?

I cant even get to mine at the moment with the amount of shit in the shed. Let alone do any work on it :(

Turbo M42 Build thread:
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=169672

Comment

Cheers Mate. 262hp on the conservative dyno. I recon its around the 220kw mark on your average dyno dynamics, NOT in shootout mode.

I can relate! But mines sitting outside in the rain with the dead lift pump, was only just enough petty left in the surge to get it off the trailer! Our shed is full of M6's / parts currently.

How far off is yours now? got all the exhaust stuff done, much more?
                - Chris

Comment

Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
                  i must have upset the OG's with my ability to go fast, nobody else seems to likey.
                  lol JDM engine + E30 = FONC as it was once explained to me.

You too have thrust yourself into no-mans-land :p
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

And it's glorious! Fasts is where its at, I love chopping people everywhere.
                    - Chris

Comment

Me likey too.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
                        Cheers Mate. 262hp on the conservative dyno. I recon its around the 220kw mark on your average dyno dynamics, NOT in shootout mode.

I can relate! But mines sitting outside in the rain with the dead lift pump, was only just enough petty left in the surge to get it off the trailer! Our shed is full of M6's / parts currently.

How far off is yours now? got all the exhaust stuff done, much more?
                        I have a heap left to go still, Fix a few oil leaks here & there. Get the alternator back on. Turbo drain & feed, Cooler piping, Custom rad hoses, Bov Piping because I'm running plumb back, Clean up the wiring in the interior for the guages, Fit wideband & all the vac lines for the wastegate ect. & ecu + tune. I can do majority of the stuff with what I have laying around here. Mainly finding the time to do it at the moment. With any luck it will be at a stage where its ready for Ecu & tune in January sometime.

Turbo M42 Build thread:
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=169672

Comment

SR20 is the tits!! I kinda wanna burn the purist in my heart a little more and get one!!! ;)
                          1989 325i|1992 325i|And completely obsessed|:woowoo:
                          sigpic BMW. The Ultimate Driving Machine.
                          The Build...

Comment

Cheers guys.

Keep at it Ben, it's all worth it when you get there.

My Chrissy break looks like:

tear engine out for freshen up, headgasket, studs and timing chain
                            re-do all the engine associated wiring with new ecu
                            fit cams and 1000cc ID's
                            big wheels, guards mods and tyres

then some paint somewhere. My thing might be going but its far from over. Ah the joys of modifying cars :D
                            - Chris

Comment

"big wheels"

Do tell

Comment

looking at going 16's and 245 slicks. trying to get Rota's of some description (marc's dont have enough offset) as preference (RB's 16x8 et4 sounds nice) but XXR are putting out some new wheels early 2012 that look alright too.

- Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X