★ ★ Project Glacier | Make the E30 a Daily Again ★ ★

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lambo View Post
    Almost put back together. Only thing left is the diff and I'm having a hell of a time getting it to line up. Pretty sure the driveshaft needs to be collapsed a bit to get it in all the way. Decided I don't want to deal with that on the ground so I'm getting the car back together enough to get it towed over to my buddy's shop so I can tackle that on a lift.
    Just swapped rear subs on the hoopty and ran into this same issue.... super dreading pulling the exhaust apart to collapse the d/s as well. You're lucky you have lift access!

Glad to see the car coming together.
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post

Just swapped rear subs on the hoopty and ran into this same issue.... super dreading pulling the exhaust apart to collapse the d/s as well. You're lucky you have lift access!

Glad to see the car coming together.
      Yeah now that this annoying stuff will be done, I'm looking forward to working on the small things to make this a nice driver again. It's been super neglected and needs some TLC

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Nice man! Will be sweet to see this thing on the road again

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
        --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Well it's back on the road now

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Please go take some pics for me, everyone else has bailed!
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Glad to see it back on the road! Non running projects suck.

Keep the E30 activities and photos coming!

How'd the alignment end up?
              Last edited by moatilliatta; 11-30-2021, 07:10 AM.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                Glad to see it back on the road! Non running projects suck.

Keep the E30 activities and photos coming!

How'd the alignment end up?
                Turns out things are a lot easier on a lift lol. The driveshaft didn't end up having to be collapsed, the diff just had to be maneuvered around to get things to line up. Apparently man-handling it on the ground by myself was what was making it nearly impossible. But that's over now.

Now my focus is to just drive it when the weather is decent. I still have the headgasket issue to tackle. Trying to figure out the best course of action for that because there are a bunch of things I want to do while that happens. I really want to get out to some track days next season, that's what's been on my mind for the past few weeks. Get some decent tires for the stock weaves, refresh the brakes, maybe go through and refresh my old ground controls and just send it.

Comment

Congrats on COTM!
                  Glad to see the car on the road as well!
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Not a lot has happened with the E30, just been driving it when I can and enjoying it. However, big stuff is coming, not necessarily for the E30 but in life. Moving out of the current place I'm at in a week and probably gonna start look at getting tf out of Colorado. Gonna be interesting.

DSC03729 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

Comment

Well she still looks good. Where are you going? I liked visiting CO, but getting out because of insanity of prices, etc? Or other reasons? PERSONAL QUESTIONS BRO, THE COLLECTIVE MUST KNOW.
                      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Initial plan is to head to New Mexico. However, nothing is set in stone yet so we'll see. But yeah, I grew up here in Colorado and it's far from what it used to be. Far too expensive and far too crowded for what it is.

Comment

I can totally understand that, Phoenix/Arizona is having similar issues.
                          Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                            I can totally understand that, everywhere is having similar issues.
                            Fixed that for you
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Sig pic is looking good!

Makes me think why would you leave a place like that.

Ot though, Most places are what you make it.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                                Sig pic is looking good!

Makes me think why would you leave a place like that.

Ot though, Most places are what you make it.
                                Plenty of places in the west with similar views that aren't fucked like Denver

Comment

Working...
                                X