the Aluminum Monster. a 318 with a special 24v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    picked up some new mustang Konis for the rear along with some dunlop 225/45s the goal will be to see if the ass will still slide after all that
    looking forward to your impressions
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

Ok, got off work early enough that I could watch some top gear but eventually got off my ass and installed the valence.

Seriously, so in love right now. Car looks amazing and now I can't wait until I install a proper front lip

BEFORE

AFTER

Only evidence left of the tragic end to 2015 is the hood and Im just waiting for one in good condition to pop up locally... that is unless I can convince Ireland Engineering to hook me up with a lightweight hood

I'll probably drop off the car with JMP tomorrow and have them install the tires. Might have them to the Koni's if I get lazy enough. Let's see what happens
      Last edited by 2mAn; 03-29-2016, 04:09 PM.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

soo much better man!

-
        Project
        Parts for Sale
        Feedback
        YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by iwantspeed View Post
          soo much better man!
          Thanks Alex, I really love how it looks. A new challenge, having to make this look amazing. Took another shot without the shadow and had to send it to my buddy Bryce who painted the parts... So good

Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

love me some euro trim

-
            Project
            Parts for Sale
            Feedback
            YouTube Channel

Comment

Damn that looks good Simon!! Respectable. Get a clean hood and IS lip on there ASAP!
              Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by iwantspeed View Post
                love me some euro trim
                me too! I also love that the PO shaved the side marker when he trimmed the rear bumper down. makes such a big difference.

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                Damn that looks good Simon!! Respectable. Get a clean hood and IS lip on there ASAP!
                thanks, if money was no object though I would get the Rieger lip, skirts and Zender rear spoiler
                Last edited by 2mAn; 03-30-2016, 09:34 AM.
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Wow when I was reading this the day you posted everything I started to have flash backs. But Danm everything looks good glad you got everything back up and going smooth. Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Minor update. When I installed the Italvolanti steering wheel, I didn't know and didn't install the slip ring so it caused my blinker to continue blinking until I manually returned it to the center position, but I also had what I call a "rage horn." Basically, if I pushed the steering in anger I could get it to honk. It would also happen when parking. Funny at first but got annoying. Here's some pics of the parts needed.

These tiny screws are expensive for what you get, but it's a solution that cost about $25

Anyways, naturally now that I've fixed that problem, my throttle cable had decided to rage accelerate, aka unintended acceleration. When I checked out the throttle cable, it looks pretty frayed and who knows what cable this is because its the same one that was on the car when I had the M20 swap and it didnt look like the right cable for the car then. Might be the original M10 cable, but its time is ticking and ending soon.

Today, I ordered the proper E34 throttle cable from DealinDave & the bluntech guys and I believe I'll finally get some artwork after all these years of ordering parts from them. I also got a headlight adjuster because another one of those minor annoying things is that one adjuster is broken and I can see my light bounce at times... I just hope these fixes of the current "old car" issues keep me trouble free until after my next test at the BAR on the 26th. After that I can get back to my side tracked Koni install. Ive put the tires on and it looks like they will also need a minor roll in the back to avoid rubbage.
                    Last edited by 2mAn; 04-11-2016, 11:09 PM.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

As usual, quick service from Bluntech along with free artwork. I've heard the throttle cable is a pain in the ass to install, let's see how my experience is...

Not only is dealin Dave's artwork awesome but a few extra c&b's will allow me to spread the love to others.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

I think the have a C&B punch, there is no way they are cutting all these with scissors.
                        How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                          I think the have a C&B punch, there is no way they are cutting all these with scissors.

But then you ask yourself. Why and how the fuck do they have a CnB cut out...

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            picked up some new mustang Konis for the rear along with some dunlop 225/45s the goal will be to see if the ass will still slide after all that

Which PN konis did you get? I think there's -1026 and -1188 or something listed for mustang ones, but the only reason I have to choose one over the orther is because my GC kit has the -1026
                            Originally posted by priapism
                            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                            Originally posted by shameson
                            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                              But then you ask yourself. Why and how the fuck do they have a CnB cut out...
                              because that's their business. $20/ c&b and they tossed in the throttle cable for free
                              Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                                Which PN konis did you get? I think there's -1026 and -1188 or something listed for mustang ones, but the only reason I have to choose one over the orther is because my GC kit has the -1026
                                Mine say 1186 SPORT

So some random exciting news that's not at all huge news, but still worthy of me posting an update.

#1 E34 M50 cable installed. Not as bad as I read about, but holy moly the car feels like it has lightening quick throttle response.

Look how bad the old one was! It literally crumpled but also got cut to get it out...

#2 the broken adjuster that wasn't broken is temporarily fixed with gorilla glue. At least I know what I'm up against and probably won't buy useless parts. We'll see

#3 speaking of useless parts, I was over at Turner motorsports' page looking for the rear shock mounts I need for the Koni's, but decided I'm going with the Ground Control raised mounts. They should be here tomorrow. Anyways, while I was there I checked their clearance section like my cheap ass always does. And I found something.

$57 plus shipping got me this....

Its a Brand new Supersprint muffler. It's for a Z4 but it doesn't matter because no matter what I went with it was going to need some modification. I'm happy. It looks like Im going to have a 2.5" Single pipe exhaust after the cats. I might go without a resonator just to hear that muffler sing!

Pelican cars & coffee this weekend, then another appt at the BAR on the 26th. Hopefully I will be updating with good news and installing parts too... You know, those Koni's that I bought a while ago
                                Last edited by 2mAn; 04-20-2016, 10:58 PM.
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X