Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clint Eastwood: Old and white on the outside, black and leathery on the inside. +S52!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey gang, weird to bump a 12 year old build thread. I dunno if anyone reads this stuff still (who uses [forumss] these days lol). I'll just document for myself.

It's been a year since I even drove this car, as I've been living overseas and Clint was stuck in a garage for that time. I've come back to Canada for some time and, as I make actually great money from various sources, I can afford to give him the respect he deserves.

As Spezzano Motorsports did such a fine job on the S52 swap, we're sending Clint back there to get a whole laundry list of improvements and repairs done. From a new steering rack and gas tank, to fixing the SI board and repairing the washer fluid pump. Here we go!

photo1672359628(1).jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MaxBell; 11-14-2023, 06:22 PM.
    REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

Originally posted by MaxBell View Post
      I dunno if anyone reads this stuff still
      I do.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

Great, it deserves it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the results. Are you sticking with the stock steering rack, or swapping to something with less turns lock to lock?
          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by MaxBell View Post
            Hey gang, weird to bump a 12 year old build thread.
            I'm glad you did, otherwise I might not have found it. Prepping for my own 24v swap.

Comment

That Stromung you had made, how does it look in the rear? I've been wanting a setup that looks good on an early model and lack of valence.
              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

WOOT! Watching

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Nice, welcome back!
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                    Looking forward to seeing the results. Are you sticking with the stock steering rack, or swapping to something with less turns lock to lock?
                    Yeh so I chose to put the 712 Yellow Tag rack in here. It’s been crazy sporty but very solid feeling. Big fan. The hoses you need for an S52 are in another thread that I posted, search my profile if people of the future need help.

Click image for larger version  Name:	01676CD2-B89E-4707-A70B-3C88C4260793.jpg Views:	5 Size:	130.8 KB ID:	10108473 Click image for larger version  Name:	0D801CFE-61C5-4130-8122-CFE020A8CA7F.jpg Views:	5 Size:	118.1 KB ID:	10108474

We've also moved away from the M42 radiator, it just never really cooled the car as well as I’d like. Plus I’m going to add A/C back into the car so I went to the Mishimoto.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2008059E-480A-4930-A2EF-D7BAE0A55D6D.jpg Views:	5 Size:	149.9 KB ID:	10108476

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                    That Stromung you had made, how does it look in the rear? I've been wanting a setup that looks good on an early model and lack of valence.
                    I'm a big fan. It fits the gap perfectly and sounds pretty awesome. I have a Borla XS in the mid section to tone it down a bit, but you could easily do it just straight to the Stromung and it would be solid.
                    Last edited by MaxBell; 11-14-2023, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Next up, I FINALLY got a red leather interior going - I had the M3 interior but now we have the door cards.

Out with the black (if anyone wants it, let me know)...

Click image for larger version  Name:	photo1700004057(1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	173.8 KB ID:	10108481

And in with the red! (And a cheeky Mtech2 small diameter wheel)

Click image for larger version  Name:	photo1700004057(2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	210.1 KB ID:	10108482 Click image for larger version  Name:	photo1700004178.jpg Views:	0 Size:	229.3 KB ID:	10108479

Then we lovingly and sensually massaged the front seats (and all of the leather) with some conditioner.

Click image for larger version  Name:	photo1700004057.jpg Views:	0 Size:	180.4 KB ID:	10108483

And went for a drive! I got my cluster back from Bavarian Restoration. Nice restoration, but the tach is downshifted for some reason, so that will have to go back. The speedo doesn't work though, and the radio doesn't work either (and they turn off together randomly). Super weird, will have to dig into it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	photo1700004057(3).jpg Views:	3 Size:	124.6 KB ID:	10108480

I also have to figure out what is up with the coolant gauge - I think I have to wire in something for the S52 sensor? I connected the BRN/VIO on the X20 to the BRN/VIO on the C101 at pin 4, but not getting power at the sensor. If anyone knows about this, happy to get some help.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	66.5 KB ID:	10113130Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	83.8 KB ID:	10113131Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	74.1 KB ID:	10113129

Well, it's been a few months of work, but I went through the car with a fine tooth comb and found every....single....thing that was wrong with it. It all went into this list and we've been knocking things down.

After basically being neglected for a number of years, it's back into very VERY fine condition.

It's crazy how much information is on this forum as well.

Next big project is the transmission + putting A/C into the S52!

Comment

Working...
                        X