Slammin's circle jerk....it's dyno'd!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dirty30
    replied
    The wilwood pedal box won't clear that big upper bracket that the airbag column has.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr. Tasty
    replied
    Originally posted by rzerob
    Why swap the steering column? What are the benefits? I ask because I am about to scrap my parts car and it has a non air bag steering column. And my one E30 is an air bag car so it might behoove me to do this swap.
    I think it gives more room for the m60 swap.

    Leave a comment:


  • rzerob
    replied
    Why swap the steering column? What are the benefits? I ask because I am about to scrap my parts car and it has a non air bag steering column. And my one E30 is an air bag car so it might behoove me to do this swap.

    Leave a comment:


  • ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Slammin's 'vert....round deux....

    Going with a e36 rack? I would since your in there

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Got the non-airbag column swapped over.



    ...and my modified e46 column "in" enough to turn the car to move it around. I'll have to put a notch in the splines of the upper column for the set bolt.




    Also....FUCK those shear bolts.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Lets do this.....

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    I just love it looking simple, and clean.

    ...but then I'm more of a all go, adequate show....

    ...but then this is a 'vert, so a lot of it is just for show....
    Shave bay, or lose my respect. Those are the only two options.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Should totally slam a 6 pack carb setup on the M60 for ultimate shaved.

    Leave a comment:


  • ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Looks like it's getting shaved and tucked haha

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30
    Yea now would be the time. It's
    Just such a headache in my eyes.
    Originally posted by willworkfore30s
    I think modern cars look funny with nothing but an engine. You're car runs on electronics. Embrace it
    I just love it looking simple, and clean.

    ...but then I'm more of a all go, adequate show....

    ...but then this is a 'vert, so a lot of it is just for show....

    Leave a comment:


  • willworkfore30s
    replied
    I think modern cars look funny with nothing but an engine. You're car runs on electronics. Embrace it

    Leave a comment:


  • ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Yea now would be the time. It's
    Just such a headache in my eyes.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30
    Props for wanting to shave the bay. I can't bring my self to do it. To much work.
    I went out and stared at it for about 10 minutes.....

    I think if I clean up the ABS stuff and AC lines, remove all the airbag shit, tuck the wires, it'll look pretty damn good.

    Part of me wants to go full nuts, relocate everything.....even the ABS to the trunk, and have just an engine sitting there.....other part is lazy and just wants to go fast. Now is the time though.

    Also, to retrofit the check panel from my Lachs car or not.....def is a handy feature....and I've got all the harness, etc to do it...

    Leave a comment:


  • ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Props for wanting to shave the bay. I can't bring my self to do it. To much work.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Got the airbag column out. Fuck those shear bolts. SRSLY.

    Got to thinking.....how far do I want to go in shaving the bay.....

    Obviously the unnecessary M42 brackets will be dealt with. Will probably go so far as to tuck the wiring harness in the fender. Only comfort feature I'm doing away with is the power steering and brake booster (Wilwood under the dash). This car will have AC.

    Leave a comment:

Working...