Slammin's circle jerk....it's dyno'd!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by phenryiv1
    I removed the "pin" from the center of the retainer and they came right apart. In the past I just removed the retainer by force and replaced them with screws during re-assembly.

    The pins are pretty easy to remove.
    Edit: Got it apart. No problemo. Had to get under the 4 clips, then maneuver up to dislodge the chrome.

    All washed off.....

    Last edited by slammin.e28; 09-17-2014, 12:44 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    Que question:

    Kidney grilles. Taking them apart. Talk to me. I wanna paint them body color, but leave the chrome alone.

    Thinking to avoid breaking those clips I'll soak them in some hot/boiling water to soften the plastics.
    When I resprayed mine black, I masked off the chrome, then painted.

    Leave a comment:


  • phenryiv1
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    Que question:

    Kidney grilles. Taking them apart. Talk to me. I wanna paint them body color, but leave the chrome alone.

    Thinking to avoid breaking those clips I'll soak them in some hot/boiling water to soften the plastics.
    I removed the "pin" from the center of the retainer and they came right apart. In the past I just removed the retainer by force and replaced them with screws during re-assembly.

    The pins are pretty easy to remove.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Que question:

    Kidney grilles. Taking them apart. Talk to me. I wanna paint them body color, but leave the chrome alone.

    Thinking to avoid breaking those clips I'll soak them in some hot/boiling water to soften the plastics.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30
    vtech yo?
    Wouldn't even think of leaving home without it.

    Leave a comment:


  • ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    vtech yo?

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    Certain Roundels on certain BMWs.

    .....but honestly I do like the normal ones, lol.


    Was going to shoot for a single rotor Wankel 2 stroke.
    That's a stroke of pure genius.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by ST1G
    So what you're saying is there is two roundels that belong on BMWs.

    I don't think you can go wrong either way. You just need new roundels...




    ... and to scrap m60 swap and put in an m10.
    Certain Roundels on certain BMWs.

    .....but honestly I do like the normal ones, lol.


    Was going to shoot for a single rotor Wankel 2 stroke.

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    There is a very faded Cloisonne roundel on the hood. I'm divided on getting another or just going standard. Cloisonne on Laguna.....IDK if I'm a fan.
    So what you're saying is there is two roundels that belong on BMWs.

    I don't think you can go wrong either way. You just need new roundels...












    ... and to scrap m60 swap and put in an m10.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by ST1G
    I think there is an exception. I like this roundel as well.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    There is a very faded Cloisonne roundel on the hood. I'm divided on getting another or just going standard. Cloisonne on Laguna.....IDK if I'm a fan.

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30
    What ever you do please for the love of god don't do a roundel delete
    Are drunk right now? Don't ruin his build.

    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    In due time, lol. That's typically the last thing I'll do when I'm done with a car.
    Oh, it's the only think I do. I should have just changed the roundel on my calypso and called it a build. It's that big of an improvement.

    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    You don't have to worry about that, lol. Also, if it's not a standard blue and white Roundel, it has no place on a BMW.
    I think there is an exception. I like this roundel as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    You don't have to worry about that, lol. Also, if it's not a standard blue and white Roundel, it has no place on a BMW.
    Glad me and you share the same feelings on that.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30
    What ever you do please for the love of god don't do a roundel delete
    You don't have to worry about that, lol. Also, if it's not a standard blue and white Roundel, it has no place on a BMW.

    Leave a comment:


  • ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    In due time, lol. That's typically the last thing I'll do when I'm done with a car.
    What ever you do please for the love of god don't do a roundel delete

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by ST1G
    Can I make a suggestion? Replace the roundels.
    In due time, lol. That's typically the last thing I'll do when I'm done with a car.

    Leave a comment:

Working...