Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
    Looks like you have some tire contact inside your fender lips.
    Both front and rear are minimal. And when I say minimal I mean the fender just barely kisses the tire when doing the most aggressive driving. Front doesn't even contact enough to strip the yellow tire paint, rear is just a hair more and rubs the yellow paint so slightly. That's ideal fitment in my book - form over function right up the line.
    Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    I love this car and these updates <3
    thanks man
    Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
    Love it, as always. Great work and great commitment to get this stuff done.
    thanks, as I've mentioned before I enjoy the build just as much as I enjoy driving it. So to me it's no chore to work through these projects, it's just fun. And there's no question, there's always another project.
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

Speaking of projects... cut 3 more ABS pieces to complete the ducting for the front main air entry through the lower valence and kidney grills. Now the entire radiator air flow has been ducted. I'm getting really good at CAD templates... these fit nice and snug. Tack welded a small lip to the core support to mount the lower portion and will make some small angle brackets for the ends and the side plates. There are some perfectly located and sized holes in the core support that I'll use for rivnuts and the final fasteners there. Also picked up a roll bar finally. It's a VSR1 model. Haven't decided yet if I'll run it as is or use it as a template to make my own. Either way I've got hardware incoming for mounting the seatbelts. Also picked up another nail in the damn tire. Good thing they're about ready to get replaced and sent off in a cloud of smoke. I really shredded them at the last autox. Made it out to ireland engineering open house and got some good pictures.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Sh3rpak!ng; 10-16-2019, 09:57 AM.
      Shadetree30

Comment

I'd buy some of those radiator shrouds if you could extend them down a bit. I have the stock pieces in the car but I am using "racer tape" around my oil cooler. Would basically need it to go straight down to the end of the valance and I can cut the rest from there.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

i'd be down for rad shrouds as well. been meaning to do that eventually but probably won't turn out as good as my cardboard designs are still novice.
          89 325i 4dr s52
          02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
          21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

Love it

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
              I'd buy some of those radiator shrouds if you could extend them down a bit. I have the stock pieces in the car but I am using "racer tape" around my oil cooler. Would basically need it to go straight down to the end of the valance and I can cut the rest from there.
              I could probably make another set. Haven't even mounted these yet so prime time to make a master template. PM me.
              Originally posted by s14brent View Post
              i'd be down for rad shrouds as well. been meaning to do that eventually but probably won't turn out as good as my cardboard designs are still novice.
              lol practive makes perfect... let's see how the first set come out for digitalwave
              Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
              Love it

Shadetree30

Comment

Built some indestructible low profile ramps. Way over engineered and certainly didnt need to weld every single joint, but wanted the practice. Finally ran out of wire after I laid the last weld. I've been on this same spool since I bought the welder. Car kinda looks cool without the bumper, grills and fan. Had my favorite 4 legged fan visit for the evening. She hangs around watching and occassionally steals parts of the car to get my attention. Test fitted the cage a few more times. Had to bend the rear pads to fit the contour of the wheel well. Marked harness mount locations and roll bar mount locations so I can start drilling for installation. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                Shadetree30

Comment

gotta love a good golden
                  ..or bronzit..
                  1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                    gotta love a good golden
                    ..or bronzit..
                    seeing a theme? Though I don't usually post photos of myself, rest be assured I'm also working on maintaining this golden-bronze tan from the SoCal sun
                    Shadetree30

Comment

lmao. is your wife blonde too?

Alo you definitely mentioned htis earlier but is that an oil cooler or power steering cooler in the front there?
                      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                        lmao. is your wife blonde too?

Alo you definitely mentioned htis earlier but is that an oil cooler or power steering cooler in the front there?
                        As a matter of fact, yes she is, and now I'm having a good laugh

That's a power steering cooler. I'm not sure sure I have need for an oil cooler yet, oil temps don't seem to pass 210ish. I figure the large radiator and fan are doing a great job keeping the whole motor cool and by extension also keeping the oil cool. My water temps stay rock solid at 180* no matter what I do with the car in any condition.
                        Shadetree30

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I really like this build but I was wondering if you had any updates on the E36?
                          How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                            Don't get me wrong, I really like this build but I was wondering if you had any updates on the E36?
                            hahaha I was wondering when someone would ask again... you guys really won't let that one go will you. Aside from owing many more photos and catching up the thread to current, not much. I've been daily driving it for ~9 months now without any major issues. Had to replace a door-close sensor, need to replace the transmission bushings and replace a slow leaking coolant hose - that's about it.
                            Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post

hahaha I was wondering when someone would ask again... you guys really won't let that one go will you. Aside from owing many more photos and catching up the thread to current, not much. I've been daily driving it for ~9 months now without any major issues. Had to replace a door-close sensor, need to replace the transmission bushings and replace a slow leaking coolant hose - that's about it.
                              I really enjoy reading what you come up with. I might not agree with everything but I respect the hell out of the fabrication. You could have a build thread on a vacuum cleaner and I would want to read it. But the E30 is the best in my opinion.
                              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post

I really enjoy reading what you come up with. I might not agree with everything but I respect the hell out of the fabrication. You could have a build thread on a vacuum cleaner and I would want to read it. But the E30 is the best in my opinion.
                                I really appreciate that sentiment. Thank you

and yes I love a good vacuum cleaner too... got my parent's old miele unit they bought new in the 90s... the thing is incredible. Still a better vacuum cleaner than most new ones. I can post a build thread for it if it ever requires servicing
                                Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X