1990 325is restomod project aka "Klaus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
    Once you clean all the small parts, everything starts to look cleaner.

What outer tie rods are you going to use with the rack? E30 or e36?
    E36, they are a bit beefier.
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Those fogs look great.. I’ve been thinking about buying a set from the dude in Mokba but if you’re selling LMK...
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Those fogs look great.. I’ve been thinking about buying a set from the dude in Mokba but if you’re selling LMK...
        I have one person interested, if they dont buy them I will let you know ASAP. You are next in line.

Comment

Id return the bosch alternator and get a Valeo

Are you doing rod bearings, vanos, and OFHG?

:)

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
            Id return the bosch alternator and get a Valeo

Are you doing rod bearings, vanos, and OFHG?

:)
            Hmm is the Bosch one that bad? I could exchange it.

Yes doing all of those things.

Comment

Bosch remans are terrible.
              I'd rather keep the used one then use a bosch one. Valeo is better but they still fail.

NOICE!
              Excited to see future pics!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Great work man. I’m doing my front subframe right now too lol.

You should really invest in an Ultrasonic cleaner, I use mine everyday. It removes any grime, rust, sludge, oil, anything, really speeds up my work with less effort.

What PS lines are you going to use with the e46 rack? I’m buying a zhp rack soon and need some help sorting it all out.
                I'm also interested to know what you come up with for the PS lines. I'm tackling the same thing right now and was thinking of buying some pre made crimped AN PS hose assemblies and using a variety of banjo to AN or metric to AN adapters and piecing something together. The pressure side is the only part I'd really be concerned about, the return side with the cooler loop should be pretty easy with various AN fittings from Summit or Jegs.

Comment

Make sure to document your full installation of the ZHP rack. It would help me and many others in the future. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Make sure to document your full installation of the ZHP rack. It would help me and many others in the future. Keep up the good work!
                    Yep that is next, the rack is in, although I haven't hooked up the tie rods or the steering knuckle yet.

Comment

Got some more work done today. In the home stretch before I start working on the actual engine drop. That is going to a shop to be refreshed, then I will drop it in at said shop, they are going to help with the wiring and programming.

I wasnt planning on painting the entire bay since it came out so clean when my wife cleaned it. But I thought ok I will just hit the towers because you can see them, then it was like ok I will hit this part then that part, by time i was done I basically painted 80% of the bay lol.

Next I was able to get the new lollipops on the new control arms.

New Springs and strut tubes are in.

That's all for today, I also threw on the Garagistic strut bar just to see it.

I have a few days off coming up. Hope to button the rest up, get the tie rods and brakes back on, adjust the firewall for the steering column, I need to tighten a few things down and finish part of the AC conversion then we are close!

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                        Next I was able to get the new lollipops on the new control arms.

Great pics of the build. Curious where you got the lollipop tool, or did you fab your own?

Comment

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
                          Great pics of the build. Curious where you got the lollipop tool, or did you fab your own?
                          I was going to make my own, and I should have, they are not hard to make, I just didnt have time so I picked this up on Amazon.

Comment

Which version of the Garagistic strut brace fits over the S54? Is that the M42 version?

Comment

Originally posted by R3VM3UP View Post
                              Which version of the Garagistic strut brace fits over the S54? Is that the M42 version?
                              Its not the M42 version, they said the regular one fits over the S54.

Comment

Hmm had a bit of a hiccup this weekend. I thought the E83 X3 Master cylinder would fit in the E90 booster, at least thats what I read. It does not, its about 1-2mm too big. I can use the E90 one but its reversed and the lines are on the wrong side.

Any suggestions or anyone know of any other masters that fit?

Comment

Working...
                                X