No announcement yet.

1990 325is restomod project aka "Klaus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok sooooooo she runs! Got the first startup today.

Stock ECU no tuning at all right now just enough to turn of EWS etc, barely any gas in it (kinda old too), but at least I know it runs.

For not tuning it actually is fairly quiet and idols nicely once we got it to go.

Last edited by Staszek; 01-04-2019, 04:35 PM.
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Alright alright alright....[emoji106][emoji106]
      How’s the adrenaline level?!
      Say, did you forget to put some oil, lol

Comment

Originally posted by roznic View Post
        Alright alright alright....[emoji106][emoji106]
        How’s the adrenaline level?!
        Say, did you forget to put some oil, lol
        I want to drive it!!

Yea that would be bad, power steering needs to be bled due to the new rack so it’s making some noise.

Comment

If you still need help with the DME, you can send me your bin or you can use the tools here:MSS54/hp dme swap modifications

Also, for future reference, all XDFs for TunerPro have been released to modify your MSS54/HP as needed: https://github.com/saildot4k/MSS54-XDFs

EDIT: oops looks like I already offered for at least the cruise control! Either way, I changed the way I calculate the gear sensor math curves to follow BMWs design, and added coding to disable Post O2s (instead of just turn off the error reporting as most do, this turns off the actual coding sub-routine in the DME), disabled the Eductor pump (gas tank pump transfer between left/right) and Fuel tank leak diag (LDP/LDPH)

Congrats BTW!
          Last edited by R3Z3N; 01-08-2019, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
            Ok sooooooo she runs! Got the first startup today.

Stock ECU no tuning at all right now just enough to turn of EWS etc, barely any gas in it (kinda old too), but at least I know it runs.

For not tuning it actually is fairly quiet and idols nicely once we got it to go.

https://youtu.be/kMNo6G8spLQ
            I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
              Haha!!

Comment

Super clean engine bay ! congrats
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  Super clean engine bay ! congrats
                  Thanks, that was the goal, besides painting the bay, I wanted the look as close to a stock install as possible. Unless you are a car/BMW person I wanted anyone looking under the hood to think that this was the engine that came with the car.

Comment

Yoooo! Congrats man! I couldn’t help but to smile and share in your excitement hearing that thing start up.

Comment

Originally posted by masterofnone View Post
                      Yoooo! Congrats man! I couldn’t help but to smile and share in your excitement hearing that thing start up.
                      Thanks man, I am getting itchy to finish and drive now! I need to get this can bus thing figured out. I cant get a hold of Gary to help me reprogram it.

Comment

Yeah the only thing missing is fresh paint other than that, build is well executed. Really like how the interior came together and that engine bay!!! Beautiful, in for some strong pull vids please.

Comment

^Are you holding back because you want oil temp pulled from the CAN data and converted to Analog? I would not hold my breath for that, just wire it in through the fusebox grommet. It would have been nice to have a gui to modify his controller, but it sounds like too much effort for the cost of sale and one man.

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                            ^Are you holding back because you want oil temp pulled from the CAN data and converted to Analog? I would not hold my breath for that, just wire it in through the fusebox grommet. It would have been nice to have a gui to modify his controller, but it sounds like too much effort for the cost of sale and one man.
                            No, I need a few of the pin's reprogrammed for my Aux and Puller fan. I got ahold of Gary he is going to send me a file tonight hopefully.

Comment

^Ah good! Are you using the front AUX PWM? If so, would you mind documenting how it wires in and same with the lower rad hose temp sender? I want to but am at a loss (though I get what plugs into Garys controller...)

What are you doing for the puller fan? Which one btw too? Being in CA summers, I want the added cooling.

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                                ^Ah good! Are you using the front AUX PWM? If so, would you mind documenting how it wires in and same with the lower rad hose temp sender? I want to but am at a loss (though I get what plugs into Garys controller...)

What are you doing for the puller fan? Which one btw too? Being in CA summers, I want the added cooling.
                                I am having a shop help me with that wiring, I will diagram out what they do.

As for the puller fan I have both a SPAL pusher for the AUX and a SPAL Puller for the rad fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X