Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    good god man! that spoiler is smokin' hot!
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

    88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

    Comment


      Made it all the way to Portland. Only hiccup was still in Seattle when I stopped at my buddy’s house. Alternator locked up. Quick swap and back on the road.

      Comment


        This thread wins all the time!


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        BMWCCA #389756

        Comment




          Three years in a row one of my cars takes best of show. Honestly, I didn’t expect anything this year. Especially with the level of incompletion and the amount of BMW in it, but I’m glad they appreciate all the effort that it took. My wife is the best too.

          Comment


            Well done! Incomplete or not, it's an amazing build.

            Thanks for sharing your techniques for building custom carbon parts - have to say I never realised how much was involved!
            My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

            Comment


              Congrats!

              [IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

              Comment


                Hey,Adam it'snow it's FB famous? Can give a rat's ass about "stock". Keep rocking dude.
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:
                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

                Comment


                  what do people say when you pop the hood and tell them it's an e30? :)

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                    what do people say when you pop the hood and tell them it's an e30? :)


                    80% think it’s just a motor swap and I typically I just leave it at that. The other 20%’s eyes grow a little bigger and bigger and BIGGER as I work through all the details and show them all the points of reference for an E30. Today I only got one moderately aggressive guy that couldn’t understand why I would do that. When I asked him to point out one single component that was better on the Volvo chassis than the BMW chassis he couldn’t and eventually just walked away.

                    Comment


                      Expansion tank:

                      The discolored plastic tank drove me crazy and they’re over $100 for a replacement, so I made my own.

                      Comment


                        Looks great, did I miss where you made the new valve cover? Either way keep it coming!
                        BMWCCA #389756

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by oekundar View Post
                          Looks great, did I miss where you made the new valve cover? Either way keep it coming!


                          It was a while back. I’m pretty sure I put process pics up.

                          Comment


                            Pre registered for The Old School Reunion and the E30 Picnic this morning. Pretty excited to get out and about in this thing.

                            Comment


                              Now you just need RHD ITBs.... or you can just make your own ;)
                              Simon
                              Current Car:
                              -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                              -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                              Make R3V Great Again -2020

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Now you just need RHD ITBs.... or you can just make your own ;)


                                See posts #80 and #87 in this thread

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X